ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil leak

Inferno 182FF
Hi, right my engine spat a valve so I have rebuilt it. It'd only had the belts and dephaser changed 500 miles before it broke so I figured I could use the same cam seals, how I was wrong as that resulted in oil pissing out everywhere! So I took it all apart again, got some new cam seals and re-fitted everything. Just took it out to test and it looks like it's leaking oil from that side of the engine again but not as rapid. Its had a new sump rubber, new head gasket, and I lashed on the sealant on the rocker cover! I can't see exactly where is coming from yet.

Am I putting the seals in wrong or something or is there anything else anyone can suggest? It's really starting to do my head in! :banghead::banghead:

Inferno 182FF
Yeah mate. I've left that brass coloured engine hoist thing off that goes behind where the pulleys are, that wont nake any difference?

Inferno 182FF
I've followed that pdf manual all the way. Is there something I'm missing when installing the seals? Should I put the dephaser seal in first or should I put it on the dephaser then put it on?

Inferno 182FF
The first time it turned out I'd pushed it all the way in so that's what caused that but I'd already bought the new seals so decided to fit them. When I took it apart today it had chewed the inner part of the seal on the dephaser and that was leaking lol. So I've fitted the original seal (only done 500 mile since belt change) and made sure it was flush, and it looks like it's worked. Fingers crossed!!! Cheers for help Dan!