ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil leaking on Front Wheel

Renault Clio 1.4 16V 2002
I was cleaning my car today and noticed oil on the inside of the front rightside wheel. After further inspection I noticed the bottom of the shock was wet do to oil and so was he CVA coot. It's not a thick grease, its a thinner oil as it was easy to wipe off. Where could it be coming from? Do the stock shocks come with oil in them?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Would be the shock, worth checking the brake fluid just incase though.

Renault Clio 1.4 16V 2002
Thanks I'll check. If it's the shock my guess would that it would have to be replaced. Is that correct.

clio sport
I got the prob.I m.gonna check.my car 2moro it like a thin oil. What's cva boot and does shock absorber have oil? I thought it be the cv gaiter

My cv joint leaked a while back and there was a lot of excess thick grease, it wasn't 'runny', was very thick. If its runny then its from something else, possibly the shock. :p