ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oil level ?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Guys,

Drive a Mk1 172,

Here is the problem,

not happens very often though, oil level reader of the road computer shows ------ oil.

I checked the oil level by the stick, level was normal.

When it does that SERV light also flashes.

Where could be the problem? Oil pump or the level sensor etc ?

Thanks

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
the oil computer is never very accurate. Mine varies alot between half and full. While its always at the top on the stick.

Perhaps an oil change could help.

clio 03 1.6 16v
i bealive the oil sensors on renaults are p*** tbh, i had a read on here 2 days ago about the self diagnostic built into the cars and mine and my pals come up with ---H which means oil sensor is faulty so even with no oil it sais its fine which is simular to urs.. im not 100% but thats wat me thinks.
gd luk

Never ever rely on the car to tell you if the oil level is ok. Check it manually by removing the dip stick.

172cup
i always check manually...

when i got the car at forst, the computer told me i had like a third of oil in the sump. When i then checked straight away manually, it was wayyyy below the minimum.