ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil light on when turning

Jap Box
Hi,

When going around bends more "enthusiastically" my oil light illuminates and then goes off again once straight.

Basically only comes on when the car is thrown hard at the corners.

Possibly low oil level? Checked the dipstick and that was at the indication line so any other solutions?

No problems, just wondering why its doing it.

Thanks

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Did you check the oil level after the car had rested for atleast 10 mins (no engine running)

checked it when the car is cold?? ^^^^^^beat me to it:rasp:

sounds like low oil to me

Last edited:
  Jap Box
  Jap Box
Ok so the oil light issue got worst today and was flickering on and off constantly, checked the oil level again and it was on the minimum mark.

Got a fresh batch of oil in there now :)

Should have really flushe the oil etc but I just needed a quick change in halfords carpark, it used 2.5 litres :(

Ok so the oil light issue got worst today and was flickering on and off constantly, checked the oil level again and it was on the minimum mark.

Got a fresh batch of oil in there now :)

Should have really flushe the oil etc but I just needed a quick change in halfords carpark, it used 2.5 litres :(

2.5 litres bloody hell do you check your oil regular lol

Jap Box
2.5 litres bloody hell do you check your oil regular lol

Checked it 2 weeks before and it was fine, I think its burning it like a b**ch :( either that or its leaking. Got from a mates today and we noticed a pool of oil and coolant inbetween both our cars, looked and hers had pissed coolant everywhere and the oil must have been from mine :(

Jap Box
from what i gather you have spent a fair few pennys on that car,is it worth calling a day on it???

Yep, id say ive easily spent more on repairs than what I paid for the actual car 6 months ago. Had enough of it now so cleaning a few bits up and putting it up for sale local.

If it doesnt sell by august then ill get it returned to standard and part exchange it for something decent :)

Yep, id say ive easily spent more on repairs than what I paid for the actual car 6 months ago. Had enough of it now so cleaning a few bits up and putting it up for sale local

also been there with that situation on my 1st ever car which was the 1.2grande like yours.. only finally stopped spendin money on iy when i put it on its side

Jap Box
Yep, id say ive easily spent more on repairs than what I paid for the actual car 6 months ago. Had enough of it now so cleaning a few bits up and putting it up for sale local

also been there with that situation on my 1st ever car which was the 1.2grande like yours.. only finally stopped spendin money on iy when i put it on its side

I tipped my 1st car over, black 1.2grande, had it for 2 days and it was upside down with the roof caved in, then bought this one.

Was a stupid decision now I look at it, such a waste of money, if I waited abit longer I could have found something more decent but I just really needed a car.

I tipped my 1st car over, black 1.2grande, had it for 2 days and it was upside down with the roof caved in, then bought this one.

Was a stupid decision now I look at it, such a waste of money, if I waited abit longer I could have found something more decent but I just really needed a car.

yea heres the best bit and no bullsh*t but i was only doing about 25mph while slowing down to go through some traffic lights... even the old bill said i was just unlucky lol

i stayed clear after that and went down a diffrent car route but now im in a 172cup

172,scenic, trafic
Where on earth did you get that little gem from? does hot thin oil not run to the bottom of the engine?

It had nothing to do with got oil not returning to the sump your highness it had more to do with a hot engine giving a false reading through oil or vapour still being in the dipstick tube. Hope that clears that up .

with the hand brake on and full left hand lock???;)

nope just a tad left lock.. clipped a curb which in turn bounced me up and my front wing grased a sign post and as i had the left lock on 2 steer away from the curb this then hit the post on basically went up it a little before putting me on my side.. people in the cars behind me faces were a picture because me and my m8 just climbed out n rolled it bk over lol

Albi 197
My old mk2 ph1 1.2 RN did a similar thing, But I was doing 70 on a dual carrageway when the light came on. Pulled over straight away, walked a good 5 miles to the nearest petrol station, Bought the cheapest oil they had (IIRC it was around £40 for 4 litres), Got back to the car and it took all of it!

Sounded awful after that, didn't last much longer :(

Jap Box
My old mk2 ph1 1.2 RN did a similar thing, But I was doing 70 on a dual carrageway when the light came on. Pulled over straight away, walked a good 5 miles to the nearest petrol station, Bought the cheapest oil they had (IIRC it was around £40 for 4 litres), Got back to the car and it took all of it!

Sounded awful after that, didn't last much longer :(

Mines been fine since puting the oil in there, I did actually get the correct oil though and not just some random pile :rasp:

Now ive just got a lovely clutch squeel going from 1st to 2nd, then 2nd to 3rd, then when in 5th going 60mph up to 70mph. I doubt it will last much longer :(

Albi 197
well, the noise my engine was making literally sounded like everything in the engine was hitting each other, huuuuge blue fog behind me everywhere I went lol

BMW M135i
It had nothing to do with got oil not returning to the sump your highness it had more to do with a hot engine giving a false reading through oil or vapour still being in the dipstick tube. Hope that clears that up .
I'd say its more to do with the oil expanding slightly rather than vapour causing a false reading. In the real world I very much doubt it makes a difference.