ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oil Pressure?

Clio 172
So I have just done my first service on my 172, and I was wondering where to stop filling the oil too, halfway to the dip stick, or to the full level of the dip stick, are the Clio engine dependent on oil pressure to hit the 4K cam pick up, like the Civic Type R, I know on them cars that if you do not keep the oil level top up to the full level, The Vetec does not kick-in when it should do, and I was wondering if it's the same with the clio sport engines.

Clio 172
So am I also right in thinking that Oil Pressure is not that important with the clio engines, as long as you have the correct amount in there, VVT is not really effected.

Anything that causes a significant drop in oil pressure would stop the VVT from activating yes as the VVT is controlled by the dephaser and this is advanced/retarded by oil pressure.

Just run the oil on the max level and its one less thing to worry about :) Simples

Clio 172
Anything that causes a significant drop in oil pressure would stop the VVT from activating yes as the VVT is controlled by the dephaser and this is advanced/retarded by oil pressure.

Just run the oil on the max level and its one less thing to worry about :) Simples

Will do, cheers.

Clio 172
I might as well ask why I'm here, are there any ways to make VVT come on earner in the rev range, say with a remap, or is it mechanically dependent.

Its electronically activated by a solenoid and I think comes on at 1500rpm and off at 6kish I think you can adjust it by mapping (Certainly can on standalone) but unless you start changing cam profiles and timing then I can't see why you would want to.

Lionel Richie
I might as well ask why I'm here, are there any ways to make VVT come on earner in the rev range, say with a remap, or is it mechanically dependent.

as bigash says, its on at 1600rpm all the way to 6500rpm

the kick you feel at 5Krpm is nothing to do with vvt, that's just a characteristic of the engine/cams

Just to let you know, oil level in a car has nothing to do with the oil pressure. This is governed by what the oil pump can put out and how much resistance there is in all the oil lines / outlets.

Clio 172
I must be getting mixed up then. So whats responsible for the kick and extra power you get when the revs go past 5K?