ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok, my cups f**ked!! help needed!

well, the old exhaust has been makin a stoopid sound for a while now. (not 4k rattle). more of a vibrating sound. We came to the conclusion it was prob the heat shield been bent and was vibrating against the exhaust, as it only did it when goin leftish on the motorway or when accelleratin.

Well today, i was walkin bak to the car, lookin at the rear end and thought "hmmm im sure the exhaust didnt sit that low b4? the actual box was hangin under the bumper!!!! FECK.

put my foot under it and gave it a lift and it went right back into the car!

When ive got home ive had a closer inspection! It seems the weldin joint or what ever it is between the backbox and the centre section is completely f**ked!!! i can nearly get my finger in the gap. so the rear section is free to swivel and so the right side of it (the side that isnt bracketed to the car) is hangin low!! Have a look at thge pic below!!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076760696__Picture253.jpg

sh*te man

take it to renault under warrenty, although it may come back with sum obscure new problem which is no where near this one!

f*ckin hell mate, like nicky says thats sh*t welding, a five year old could do better. maybe its time to get looking for a SS like we were talking about the other day

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 14 February 2004

well, the old exhaust has been makin a stoopid sound for a while now. (not 4k rattle). more of a vibrating sound. We came to the conclusion it was prob the heat shield been bent and was vibrating against the exhaust, as it only did it when goin leftish on the motorway or when accelleratin.

Well today, i was walkin bak to the car, lookin at the rear end and thought "hmmm im sure the exhaust didnt sit that low b4? the actual box was hangin under the bumper!!!! FECK.

put my foot under it and gave it a lift and it went right back into the car!

When ive got home ive had a closer inspection! It seems the weldin joint or what ever it is between the backbox and the centre section is completely f**ked!!! i can nearly get my finger in the gap. so the rear section is free to swivel and so the right side of it (the side that isnt bracketed to the car) is hangin low!! Have a look at thge pic below!!

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1076760696__Picture253.jpg

Ask if they can give you the money it would cost them to fix it under warrenty and buy a magnex with the money (worth a try ;))

^^^^ damn right too!

neway shes booked in on tues at a local renault. am not takin her to the same one that did the work. altho they are normally great, they are too far away for me to get this sorted on a weekday!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

thats had an exhaust changed before.the original exhaust is a one peice.the part in you picture is a back box>centre section joining sleeve which for some reason has been welded.they dont need welding as you just tighten up a nut and bolt so the sleeve clamps the exhausts together.that is a complete bodge and wants taking back to the dealer you bought it off or where its had some work done.if you want that doing for free take it back to whoever has done the work in the past.i doubt another dealer will replace that under warranty due to it being bodged up.if the dealer original who normally does the work or where you bought it from wont help then report them to customer services.

the centre section was replaced after i had the 4k rattle.

its goin to another dealer now,but if they say i have to pay then its goin to the original dealers.

The guy said it sounds like a warranty job neway tho so should be cool.

cant you just stick an exhaust clamp on there, and tighten it up VERY tight?

shocking weld tho, i could do better with a deodorant can, a lighter and some solder :D

LOL! neway i was just lookin at my title. and tbh dont know why i put **need help **??? cos i knew what it was! lol

DOH!

ill think of an excuse and post it later!

My exhaust snapped at the weld on the Cat pipe. It was only approx 6 months old at that point, may be a common thing for the exhausts to be a bit cack?? :eek:

Ad

MK2 FRS

Quote: Originally posted by CUP80Y on 14 February 2004

My exhaust snapped at the weld on the Cat pipe. It was only approx 6 months old at that point, may be a common thing for the exhausts to be a bit cack?? :eek:
So did mine!!!!

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 14 February 2004

the centre section was replaced after i had the 4k rattle.

its goin to another dealer now,but if they say i have to pay then its goin to the original dealers.

The guy said it sounds like a warranty job neway tho so should be cool.
whoever fitted that centre section has welded the sleeve for some stupid reason.take it back to them and play f**k because that is a complete bodge theres no need to weld it.the other dealer might not do that under warranty once they have seen it so beware.