ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ok, so i just had a brain wave

Toyota MR2
after day dreaming and staring at my xbox 360 i suddenly had an idea.

when i purchased my xbox 360 i took out the game care from game which means you get a new console no questions asked straight swap out if a fault occurs. and with the game near me in plymouth they really dont care and will just give you w.e if u just show the policy.. took my controller in the other day which was faulty guy wasn't interested in any explanation new controller was in a bag and in front of me before id finished saying its broken.. soooo this got me thinking if i guy a faulty elite console with RRD off ebay with controller, for say £50 take it in and in theory they have to give me a brand new one worth £200 which i can then sell on....

i cant be the only person to think of this and someone must have tried it?

One of my mates has used his policy to get his friends consoles swaped out when they've gone RRD so surly it would work?
Like i said. they really dont care in plymouth's game store.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
im sure they will have scanned whatever console you took the pokicy out on

Toyota MR2
that doesn't mean they can be bothered to check. otherwise my mate wouldn't have been able to use his policy to change other peoples fault consoles out. they may have scanned it but they dont scan the policy. just look at it. see what your covered for and swap it out. if you take it to the store you bought it from and took the policy out at they have no choice.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
it may work, it may not is all im saying, but one thing it will do is ruin it for all the genuine users, just like all the clowns ruined sonys continuous play for the ps3.

Toyota MR2
trueee. but they are a bunch of muppets down there. they'd rather dance around sing and play games out the back than be interested in complying with company policy and selling you something. shall see :)

Toyota MR2
Would be a shame if game saw this though, public forum n all.

Be abit s**t if you took it in, they do check and then cancel your policy.

My name is not on this forum my address details are not on this forum. please explain how they might cancel my policy? lol

Bumder With A Buffer
Your address must be on the forum as your a paid member. Only Admin/mods(??) can see it though.

So your wanting to take in a broken XBOX that isnt yours and get it exchanged for a new one??

House Insurance???

Toyota MR2
this site is registered at my mums address 200miles away my policy is registered at my current address in plymouth.

dont have house insurance at my address atm (uni accommodation) . it was only a brain wave guys! lol. being a student you get them alot ;)

172 Cup
Personally wouldn't consider it as its Fraud.

I very much doubt that they have left such an open flaw in there cover.

clio...
I dont see why this wouldnt work, you put the broken one in the box yours came in... bish bash bosh. Its not like theyre going to take it out the box and start pissing about looking at serial numbers.

F82 M4
It's a little thing called Insurance Fraud. Very serious offense tbh. I know a girl who bought a broken 42" HDTV off ebay for £40 and then droped it on the floor and claimed on her home insurance for a new one. £50 excess = Brand new HDTV for £90. If you get caught you will get bummed.