ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Old problem re appeared

Posted on here quite a while ago about how when im driving along all my lights will flash on and off really quickly.. Sometimes they come back on and other times they stay off and i have to re start the car BUT my fog light's arn't affected..

Well after around 9+ month's of no problem it started this morning

You can also hear a clicking coming from the UCH but if i touch the push in connector what plugs all the wire in to the UCH i can either make it do it or stop it from the strobe affect flashing its that quick a car even pulled over this morning thinking i was the old bill flashing him

Had the car to renault before and they done a clip test and nothing showed up

Does this sound like the UCH is busted or maybe a damaged wire

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
CLIP won't always tell you exactly what's wrong. Like all diagnostics kit they're only as powerful as the person interpreting the data/information.

If you fancy a drive I have a "test" unit that you're more than welcome to try but to me it does sound like a UCH fault.

Mick
Diamond Motors

CLIP won't always tell you exactly what's wrong. Like all diagnostics kit they're only as powerful as the person interpreting the data/information.

If you fancy a drive I have a "test" unit that you're more than welcome to try but to me it does sound like a UCH fault.

Mick
Diamond Motors

was hoping you'd spot this actually mick as reading other posts it seems your in the know on electrical side of things..

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've had my fair dealings with them you could say LoLz

I had a "trader" drop an MTV Clio II on me doing something similar and it did indeed need a new UCH except his saw the hazards flash like it was a light unit at a Happy Hardcore night.

I'd plug in another "same spec" UCH though first to see if it cures the problem as it may even be a wiring fault/bad earth if its just the lights flashing.

Mick

I've had my fair dealings with them you could say LoLz

I had a "trader" drop an MTV Clio II on me doing something similar and it did indeed need a new UCH except his saw the hazards flash like it was a light unit at a Happy Hardcore night.

I'd plug in another "same spec" UCH though first to see if it cures the problem as it may even be a wiring fault/bad earth if its just the lights flashing.

Mick

yeah the speed they go the pill head would love them.. ooo yeah i also loose the use of my wipers lol. i thought with the UCH you had to change other things over also for it to work

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Only the security features are coded. Subfunctions such as lights, indicators, etc will just work when you plug any unit in. For the purposes of testing this will rule out your problem as a fault with your UCH or wiring.