ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
File0016063_zps172afeb0.jpg

@Rich-D
Love a good nova
Was that an o.e colour for an SR? Never seen it before?
Yeah, it was a factory colour, Mustard Yellow and it was pretty rare even back then, compared to the lighter Jamaican Yellow that was more common.
Had that for about 5 years, loved it.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
a bit like the 205 v 309.

A friend had a 1.6L Orion with full RS turbo engine,brakes, suspension gearbox etc and a full Ghia interior. He had it painted Pacifica blue however it rusted like it was rubbed in salt water every morning.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My work colleague has a white one in his garage running decent power. He still can't decide what to do with it

225 Cup & Williams
Why would they be sought after? They're not exactly an iconic old school.

I remember a guy I used to go biking with had a white one that was some edition version. Went like jobby off a shovel.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I can testify that that shape of Ibiza with the 1.8T 20v engines are quick little cars. My mate has one as a track car an it's surprisingly quick in straight line for the power it's running

gralegav

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Gordini, Fiat
Just to carry on the integrale theme, plus a couple more Italians, to offset all those pesky Fords! (Joking, would love a Mk1 Capri 3100). 147 is a GTA 3.2 V6. Sadly gone, like the grale.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I had a go with one of those Ibiza's many years ago (one of those copper coloured ones with polished wheels) in my Clio 16v he raped me hard! :(

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Thought I would add a few of mine. Unfortunately like a c**t I cant find loads of printed ones and a load of digital stuff. Must hunt them down.
Anyway this my first valver I had at 18, pretty much standard apart from a full magnex and IK.

9C279BB1-DA54-4FB3-BD8B-906FFD87A195_zpszecfljbx.jpg

DSCN0203_zpsdmqyrh5a.jpg

Next one was always trouble. Renualt shite gearboxes blowing up, headgaskets blew and so on. Had fair amount of changes, Hill power package with cams, ported big valve head etc

Dscn0604_zpsqffhunqg.jpg

DSCN0607_zpseqalnfm7.jpg

DSCN0611_zps7raj6htt.jpg

Chopped that in for a Pulsar (Was only 19, group 20 insurance killer!)
Was standard (apart from some spunky Jap shocks that i later found out) but not for long. Whiteline supsension goodies, apexi boost controller, walbro fuel pump and various other bits and pieces had it running 280 at 1 bar and at 1.3 bar 310 bhp. Loved that car, even if the wheels it came with were s**t!

DSCN8949_zpsltukadgz.jpg

DSCN8951_zpsurdkfirh.jpg

DSCN8957_zps5z0hjzo6.jpg

R%20RS%207_zpslogawmj5.jpg

R%20RS%2011_zpsvbzmi2hp.jpg

R%20RS%209_zpsm7hxeuks.jpg

new%20wheels%20n%20tyres_zpshkmlbczf.jpg

Pulsar Next to fRS I got next. Usual bluefin, exhaust on this.

Is an elise a classic now? I Think so! That rear three quarter angle is p**n

P1010130_zps9hnjawfd.jpg

P1010133_zpstvkkxbwy.jpg

So many cars inbetween and after, more RS', more french crap, more wasted money :(

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Mate pushed his dad's old car out of the barn today, first time since 1999. Exceptional condition.

a4ba9e8e8cbc7ccd6a7d51b9f1db2dc5.jpg

In case you're wondering, we found all sorts of 90s paraphernalia with the car, hence the silly posing-picture. Tax disc in the window is for 1999. It's an xr3i with a dealership fitted 'rattlesnake' bodykit, with only 25k on the clock, my jaw touched the floor when he revealed this to me, considering the lad himself has no interest in cars!

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Awesome! Seeing as though he has no interest in cars, what are the plans for it?

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Awesome! Seeing as though he has no interest in cars, what are the plans for it?

I think his old man has a plan! Someone at somepoint has scratched a naughty word into the boot lid and there's two marble sized dents in the bonnet which have a bit of surface rust, don't imagine it'll take much to get it running again, but then again it might! And then he's going to stash it away again from what I understand!

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Its an old xr3i cab, that ghetto blaster is worth more! Plan shkukd be to seal it in the barn again until it rots away and its ugliness is destroyed.

Not gonna lie, it's bad to admit on a Renault forum but I have a soft spot for old fords, if I had the money and space for two cars id make a generous offer!

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Its an old xr3i cab, that ghetto blaster is worth more! Plan shkukd be to seal it in the barn again until it rots away and its ugliness is destroyed.

The market might well disagree with you - values for these are shooting up, just like everything else from that era.

The Rattlesnake conversion makes it an acquired taste but I bet someone would pay decent money for it if it's in good nick.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
with the kit taken off, I agree there is a market for it. Not at RS levels of interest but still there will be some ford XR geeks that would love it.

However that kit really hasn't aged well.

Jme34

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Too right the kit is 'of its time' but I think, given the insanely good condition of the car it would be a crime to strip it off if it came out of the dealership like that, good or bad it certainly sets it apart from your usual xr3i!