ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oldest game you still play?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
There’s always a race to get hold of the newest and latest game coming out. But have you got some established gems that you still play?

Occasionally I’ll have a dabble at some much older titles - probably my record last year was trying out a game from 1990.

But for games to actually spend time with regularly, I’d probably say Company of Heroes 2 from 2013 for me.

Any others?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.
Sometimes the graphics are truly horrifying but I grew up playing this so it’s a nice occasional throwback when I’m really fucked off with CP2077

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I’ve got one of those mini SNES consoles and spend hours on Super Mario. In the same cupboard I also have the Series X. Good mix 😂

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I don't really revisit old games as they don't live up to the fond memories. However I will always have a copy of Burnout Paradise City available as every now and then it's good to gather the old crew and get pissed and have a laugh.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
EverQuest, it came out in 1999 and still they bring expansions out and new TLP race servers, great to make money on. Made over £400 in the last 2 weeks but having a break for a bit now!

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I've still got unreal tournament on my work laptop. Released in 1999. I've had it on all my pc/laptops since the early 2000's.
My first proper job, we used to play over the company server at lunch time for upto 2 hours.
Can't remember the last time I played it, but it's still awesome

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Age of Empires 2
Red Alert 2
Quake 3
Counter Strike
The original COD modern warfare

Do you know where I could download Red Alert 2?

I still have the original one and play the odd skirmish, but didn't find a good download of the second one.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.
Sometimes the graphics are truly horrifying but I grew up playing this so it’s a nice occasional throwback when I’m really fucked off with CP2077
Yes! Fantastic game. I know all the missions off by heart but it’s still great to play through.

Just pipping it to oldest game I play though...

128267F8-CC27-4E71-A838-7EA780BE22C6.jpeg

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
I still flit back to the old Pokémon games every few months, the newer handhelds usually have some re release version if not a DS lite with a hooky card in the back does the job (y)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Counterstrike had a map creator on PC right? I remember playing it back in the day. I used to love this game and some of the custom lobbies used to be pretty fun. I'm not 100% convinced I'm thinking of the right game though. Red alert brings back memories too.

These days nothing that old for me. Did wire up my old original Xbox a few months back luckily it worked. Had a quick session on Forza Motorsport, DefJam fight for NY, Midtown madness, Tony hawk's underground, Timesplitters 2 and NFS Underground 2.

As above the games never really live up to the memories but funnily enough DefJam had me hooked the most out all my old games.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I bought six for Xbox so me and the daughter could play. Still awesome.

goldeneye, mario 64 and Zelda 64. Oh and occasional shenmue emulator for nostalgia.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I still own my PS2 along with some original games I got at the time, including Gran Turismos 1-4. I fired up #4 a year or two ago and managed to get gold on every license test, never managed that when I was a kid!
I've been wanting to fire up #1 again soon and have a play through if I have time, definitely my favourite.

I don't game much nowadays but for nostalgia purposes hopefully one day soon I'll fire up:
Age of empires 2
Rollercoaster tycoon 1+2
Need for speed underground
GTA Vice City