ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's 172 Cup... 'cause silver can still be cool.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Good evening CS ;)

Fresh photos. After getting home this afternoon, I decided to give the cup a well deserved clean; it hadn't been done since just before FCS, so it had a lovely layer of dust/dirt making it look dull and tired.

I often forget how nice iceberg can look with a bit of work. Happy with the photos too actually. :)

5849760804_7d95d0de4e_z.jpg

5849759956_fa4b35ddf8_z.jpg

5849204159_68db71acac_z.jpg

5849759586_251337f15c_z.jpg

5849202439_e462c3c1bd_z.jpg

5849205803_3dabcaf728_z.jpg

5849206159_70b60acf58_z.jpg

5849761236_b8e7938cb3_z.jpg

Notice the fail on the wheel pictures; I put tyre blackener on, then drove without taking some off, meaning it's flicked up the side a bit! :eek:

Thanks, Ollie.

Clio 172 RS2
Tyre Black? What happened to tyre shine!? ;)

Plated wheel nuts look lush...
Did i miss something with the Wilwood brakes and Speedline 2118 rims?

Silver is Plain Jane... Gris Iceberg is Joe Kool!!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks for all the comments. :D Really do love the car when it's clean! :)

I'm just counting down now until the car goes down south to JMS for some engine tweakin' ;)

If you've not seen my progress thread, I've been collecting a number of parts over recent weeks/months.

5748143290_d9a5a72c0b_z.jpg

5761493178_f6050877af_z.jpg

Bux

Golf GTD
Looks great mate! I'm liking your plans for it at JMS :D

Also, silver with anthracite wheels FTW!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Awesome mate, big fan of this car. Was having a good look around it at FCS, couldn't see you though!

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Oh hai Oli! Not long now till JMS now mate, think i'm almost as excited to see the bits get fitted as you!

CLIO PH1 172
sexually sexy as ever. whats going on with the fogs though? will you be making/getting some brake ducts?

Ollie's Silver Cup
Awesome mate, big fan of this car. Was having a good look around it at FCS, couldn't see you though!

Thanks! I wasn't around the car too much through FCS to be honest, although I did keep popping back to it from time to time. Are you going to be at CSS? :)

Easily one of the best on the forum. Looking forward to seeing how the engine mods go :cool:

Thank you. I'm also very much looking forward to the engine mods, not long at all now! :D

Lovely looking car

Cheers! Just having a read through your ring/bedford thread actually, looked great! :approve:

Oh hai Oli! Not long now till JMS now mate, think i'm almost as excited to see the bits get fitted as you!

haha yes mate, less than a month! ;)

I'm still undecided on what colour to spray the engine/rocker cover; either the crinkle black or, after seeing yours, a lighter colour!

Are you convoying to CSS, and if so, which one? :)

Looks awesome Mate, those engine treats look tastey! :).

Thanks! :D

Stunning :D.

Thanks! :D

sexually sexy as ever. whats going on with the fogs though? will you be making/getting some brake ducts?

I was going to make some brake ducts, but I've just never bothered to! :eek:

I'm going to get the streamline carbon surrounds, so will probably decide on what to do then; possibly just mesh them over, as Lee's (Porkie) look really neat and tidy done like that. :)

Looks stunning mate, it is a credit to you!

Thank you! :)

Looks great mate! I'm liking your plans for it at JMS :D

Also, silver with anthracite wheels FTW!

Cheers mate! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks! I keep meaning to send you a PM over to enquire about a couple of parts. :)

I have a couple more photos from Sunday too. I've shot this exact photo, near enough, some time ago; thought I'd compare to how the car looks now.

5849762738_4d9c4e5d05_z.jpg

5849205381_ce2c5e9afd_z.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looking great Oliver, you would cry if you saw mine currently :( Lost a bit of love for it while i have some issues so its filthy....

Some C-unit scuffed the rear bumper on mine the other day to :(

Its back off to JMS tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of the wobble the car has under load, going to try a NS Shaft then a Clutch as we are all running low on Ideas for the cause.

Hopefully if that cures the issues then my RS2 will be going on at the same time! Hero Spec Black ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Thanks! I wasn't around the car too much through FCS to be honest, although I did keep popping back to it from time to time. Are you going to be at CSS? :)

I am indeed fella, will come and find you for a chat!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Perfect mate!

Thanks. :D

Looking great Oliver, you would cry if you saw mine currently :( Lost a bit of love for it while i have some issues so its filthy....

Its back off to JMS tomorrow to try and get to the bottom of the wobble the car has under load, going to try a NS Shaft then a Clutch as we are all running low on Ideas for the cause.

Hopefully if that cures the issues then my RS2 will be going on at the same time! Hero Spec Black ;)

It's a shame about your recent issues with the car. :(

For some reason, I thought you were one of the first to get your RS2 on! Fingers crossed it's tomorrow then, assuming the wobble gets sorted tomorrow! :)

Good good! :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup
Perfect mate!

Thanks. :D

It's a shame about your recent issues with the car. :(

For some reason, I thought you were one of the first to get your RS2 on! Fingers crossed it's tomorrow then, assuming the wobble gets sorted tomorrow! :)

Good good! :approve:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I would have been mate, however diagnosing the wobble needed (needs) to be sorted first, the car wouldn't have been safe on the rollers otherwise for mapping.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Just dropped it off to JMS.

Will be down there a while I expect, new shaft going on, then a clutch if that don't solve it, it's a strange one, seems to have everyone stumped at the moment!

Just a case of wait and see!

Cars looking very sorry for it's self, it's dirtier than a fat hooker with aids at the moment.