ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

So update time again and yet another change of plan!

After more searching and asking questions, I don't think the Oreca group N (2 1/4" bore) system is suitable for my needs. The consensus is a 2 1/2" bore would be better suited and although Oreca do this in their group A, the £600 price tag isn't something I'm prepared to pay.

Also, it seems I wouldn't be able to swap the cat back in come MOT time, which really put me off.

Having said that all, my K-Tec stealth is a 2 1/2 bore and I've never had a problem with it (other than the common sagging mount) so I'll be sticking with this.

While typing this, I've just ordered a de-cat from K-Tec to match my stealth;

ktecp416_f.jpg

And at the same time, I've also ordered some hoses ready for the JMS RS2 intake :evil:

I've asked/ordered for the anodised sections of the intake to be finished in black and a black silicone hose on the filter for the additional premium. Therefore, I've decided to ordered a set of black silicone coolant hoses to help tidy up the rest of the engine bay.

I've gone for the new forge hoses; searching online, the forge silcone range seems to get good reviews, so thought I'd give them a go as an alternative to the Samco's and they're a bit cheaper too;

picture_720_f.jpg

:D

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Bloody hell matey I wish I had your budget! Mind you if I did I'd probably have a similar looking car :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Bloody hell matey I wish I had your budget! Mind you if I did I'd probably have a similar looking car :)

In retrospect, I'm pretty happy I'm sticking with the stealth and just adding the de-cat. It's saved quite a bit :)

Found a drive-past video on youtube of a stealth with a decat; sounds really good in my opinion :D

Last edited by a moderator:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

And at the same time, I've also ordered some hoses ready for the JMS RS2 intake :evil:

I've asked/ordered for the anodised sections of the intake to be finished in black and a black silicone hose on the filter for the additional premium. Therefore, I've decided to ordered a set of black silicone coolant hoses to help tidy up the rest of the engine bay.

I've gone for the new forge hoses; searching online, the forge silcone range seems to get good reviews, so thought I'd give them a go as an alternative to the Samco's and they're a bit cheaper too;

picture_720_f.jpg

:D

Mate I'm really scared..... Are you inside my Head? Or do you have a Tap on my phone line / access to my PM's and Emails to Tom?

You have just placed an order for what I'm getting Via the Group Buy!!!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Mate I'm really scared..... Are you inside my Head? Or do you have a Tap on my phone line / access to my PM's and Emails to Tom?

You have just placed an order for what I'm getting Via the Group Buy!!!!

Are you having the black finish on the anodised bits? :)

haha are you having black silicone coolant hoses also?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yes mate, exactly as you are!

Tom did say that he'd had another order for a black kit, didn't realise it was yours :approve:

I thought about coloured hoses, but decided the black ones will keep it nice and subtle :D

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Tom did say that he'd had another order for a black kit, didn't realise it was yours :approve:

I thought about coloured hoses, but decided the black ones will keep it nice and subtle :D

Pmsl, well clearly you and I both have impeccable taste in both cars and style ;)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Courier just arrived with the de-cat and hoses.

De-cat will be going on Friday morning :evil:

5387367994_d0bbacfde7_z.jpg

5387368174_870bedb607_z.jpg

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Pipes look good! You fitting them yourself?

Ollie's Silver Cup

I think I'll leave them until the RS2 is fitted, will give more room to play about with the big O/E airbox out the way.

The quality of them, upon first inspection, seems very good though :)

I'll need to have a look into what to clean them with, as they're a little dusty/coated at the moment; I'm assuming they'll come up like those in k-tec's photo once they're given a wipe over or something.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I've been tempted myself to change all the hoses, I can see as youy say a couple of them being a pain when everythings in situ.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

I think I'll leave them until the RS2 is fitted, will give more room to play about with the big O/E airbox out the way.

The quality of them, upon first inspection, seems very good though :)

I'll need to have a look into what to clean them with, as they're a little dusty/coated at the moment; I'm assuming they'll come up like those in k-tec's photo once they're given a wipe over or something.

http://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p...d=15961?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping

Im sure you could get them locally....

Did the Hoses come with hose clips to secure them?

Ollie's Silver Cup

Hmmm wet wipes would probably do, but I like the idea of the AG silicone wipes! :evil:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Did the Hoses come with hose clips to secure them?

No they didn't and actually that's something I'd completely forgotten about! I have some kicking about I think, but not enough I imagine.

Wonder if I can find polarised ones :eek:

n/a

this is honestly probably my fav clio especially when you get all the work done should be amazing :) nice 1

tej

n/a

not too bad got everything done service wise new tyres new brakes and just literaly bought tax for a year :(
not too sure what i want to do engine wise but looking for black wheels and lowering first (2118's maybe aspired by you if the right price)

Ollie's Silver Cup

not too bad got everything done service wise new tyres new brakes and just literaly bought tax for a year :(
not too sure what i want to do engine wise but looking for black wheels and lowering first (2118's maybe aspired by you if the right price)

There was a black 182 at FCS with 2118's ;)

I'm not sure who owns it, but it looks great!

4696468866_a7430ddf3f_z.jpg

just read this thread very very nice car ;)

Thanks! :)

RB FF 182

I love this car!! If only my iceberg looked half as good as this I'd be over the moon!!

Absolutely LOVE anthracite 2118's on 'bergs!!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I had a search on detailing world regarding the best way to clean/project silicone hoses and get a nice finish.

After reading a few different opinions and methods, I found one that gave the results (almost wet look) that I wanted.

So, with all the hoses done, I loosely positioned them on top of the engine to get a rough idea of how they'll look in comparison to everything else under the bonnet.

Really happy with how they look now.

5389577797_01598b65c4_z.jpg

I also took a quick trip to Renault this morning for a manifold to cat fitting kit. Sadly, they didn't keep the item in stock, but it should be there by 9am tomorrow morning! :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

So what did you wipe them over with?

Warm soapy water and then tyre shine :approve:

Given what they're made of, they're going to attract dust like a b**ch! But when clean and glossy they look great! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

As Renault indicated yesterday, the manifold to cat fitting kit arrived this morning. Took a trip over to Renault Leicester earlier today to collect it.

Standard maneuver around recovery vehicles dropping off broken cars to get down to the customer car park! lol!

5392782139_223deef9fe_z.jpg

De-cat can/will be going on tomorrow morning some time. Looking forward to it actually, as it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.

That'll be the car pretty ready for the RS2 then :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've been looking into replacing my head unit again too. There's a new higher end Pioneer that appears very impressive; the Pioneer DEX-P99RS

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/dexp99rs.html

DEXP99RS_LeftRelease.jpg

I need to look into a bit more and really consider it, but I think it would be fantastic with my components :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

As Renault indicated yesterday, the manifold to cat fitting kit arrived this morning. Took a trip over to Renault Leicester earlier today to collect it.

Standard maneuver around recovery vehicles dropping off broken cars to get down to the customer car park! lol!

5392782139_223deef9fe_z.jpg

De-cat can/will be going on tomorrow morning some time. Looking forward to it actually, as it's something I've been meaning to do for a while.

That'll be the car pretty ready for the RS2 then :evil: :evil: :evil:

I've been looking into replacing my head unit again too. There's a new higher end Pioneer that appears very impressive; the Pioneer DEX-P99RS

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/press/news/dexp99rs.html

DEXP99RS_LeftRelease.jpg

I need to look into a bit more and really consider it, but I think it would be fantastic with my components :)

Hmm will it look good in the dash though??

And I've just seen the price!

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'd imagine it would look great in the dash :)

Looking around, it can be found for over a 1/3 less than the retail price.

I popped into Car Electronics in Leicester yesterday to enquire about it and surprisingly they had one in stock to have a look at; the quality of it is fantastic, very impressive.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Still think a Becker mexico would look better ;)