ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

I think JMS relocated the carbon canister over a tad. The bumpers got to come off tho i would say, looked at moving mine when the bumper was off when we were fixing it. Then they used some kind of metal to deflect the air onto the brakes themselves.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'll have a look in the morning and try to work out what's involved. Are yours removed and ducted?

if nothing else, it tidies up the front end a bit at least imo! :approve:

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

No we were going to do it but once we got the car back together it was wet and horrible and didn't fancy doing it, but i will definitely do it if i get 15' wheels because of the tightness of it.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Cup racer air ducts are where it's at :cool:

Shame they're expensive :dapprove:

IIRC 4 pots in general don't suffer from overheating issues like the standard 1*2 brakes.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Hopefully I'll be able to run it through without too much bother, if not, I'm happy with how it looks anyway :)

Cup Racer ducts would be awesome!

182 Turbo Project

You could pm p@blo on here, he was fabricating some ducting last time I saw him!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

I think JMS relocated the carbon canister over a tad. The bumpers got to come off tho i would say, looked at moving mine when the bumper was off when we were fixing it. Then they used some kind of metal to deflect the air onto the brakes themselves.

I thought they just removed it but might be wrong.

Brake ducts look good but it's overkill like having 4pots fitted ;)

My 172 never had any brake fade once I'd fitted Tarox G88 grooved discs, DS2500 pads, Goodridge lines and Castrol Super Response fluid.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I remember seeing that thread about the fibreglass copies, looked like a good idea.

I don't think I'd bother with the cup racer ducts, just the fog light removal way.

Evo 5 RS

You'd be better off going for a better pad with the wilwoods lol. EBC yellow stuff work surprisingly well. Got sick of the 1444s squealing like mice. Oh and trust me it's not that hard to cook them

Ollie's Silver Cup

You'd be better off going for a better pad with the wilwoods lol. EBC yellow stuff work surprisingly well. Got sick of the 1444s squealing like mice. Oh and trust me it's not that hard to cook them

I've got DS2500's on them at the moment and they've been spot on tbh; I'll continue using them I think :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

DPD have just delivered a packet containing my stainless steel hose clips for the silicone hoses. The sizes aren't the same as what I ordered, but they cover the same range, so I'm assuming it won't be a problem. I'll test them against the hoses in a bit.

5412752961_7910502ef0_z.jpg

I, ideally, wanted polarised/iridescent effect clips (I remember seeing them a while back) but I couldn't find anywhere that produced or sold them at present. If they come up again in the future, I'll probably swap these out for them.

My nimbus motorsport aluminium heat shield should arrive tomorrow apparently; I was originally going to go for the 'lite' version, but decided on the 'GII' version in the end as it's double formed;

GII.jpg

Also, the ducting isn't as simple a job as I'd hoped, so I'll just be tidying up around the holes for now and looking into it properly a bit later.

Better photo of the de-fog'd front end; certainly makes it look a little more hardcore

5412724891_e26373e41e_z.jpg

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

such a top car this.

i disagree though, i think the front end looks empty with no fogs. think the surrounds should be different. maybe a colour coded ring around the hole? just something to break up the massive black space.

Ollie's Silver Cup

I do like it with the black space, ties in with the front lower grille nicely I think. I have thought about getting the carbon surrounds instead; possibly will.

Another one from earlier, definitely prefer it without the fogs.

5413334362_05b230e4c2_z.jpg

CLIO PH1 172

tbh i wouldn't go for carbon, i would keep it black but have a proper feed ect.. otherwise it just looks like someone has stole your fogs. looks much better without them though!!

Audi TT 3.2

Looks great as ever mate! Ive got some Ducts that were on my RB when i first got it! you might be able to use them they fix to the 2screws that used to hold you fogs lights in place! ill go and get a pic....

Audi TT 3.2

DSCF0571.jpg

could do with a clean or paint, but fix to the 2 existing screw holes

Ollie's Silver Cup

Ah that would be the kind of thing I'd be needing mate! Did your RB have the carbon canister removed/relocated?

Any photos of them on your RB? :)

Audi TT 3.2

i think the carbon canister was still there, not to sure how they got around that, when i removed the feeds didnt seem to be squashed,

DSCF0799.jpg

DSCF0832.jpg

if you dont have them i might try them on my BG.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Cheers mate, they look good! I may just copy the design, as I have the ducting/feed already. :cool:

Ollie's Silver Cup

I was hoping to get my heatshield swapped over for the nimbus motorsport aluminium one today, but it didn't arrive, despite it being sent by next day delivery (guaranteed before 1pm) :dapprove:

When I tracked it this morning, royal mail website stated it would be delivered before the 1pm deadline; now it's saying it's in the royal mail network and to check again later!

Really hoping they've not lost it!!! :(

Also, unrelated, but looking at mine today I've decided to replace the fog light surrounds with the carbon items. So I'll sort the air feeds when I get the carbon jobbies.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

I was hoping to get my heatshield swapped over for the nimbus motorsport aluminium one today, but it didn't arrive, despite it being sent by next day delivery (guaranteed before 1pm) :dapprove:

When I tracked it this morning, royal mail website stated it would be delivered before the 1pm deadline; now it's saying it's in the royal mail network and to check again later!

Really hoping they've not lost it!!! :(

Also, unrelated, but looking at mine today I've decided to replace the fog light surrounds with the carbon items. So I'll sort the air feeds when I get the carbon jobbies.

Carbon is for heroes :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

My nimbus aluminium heat shield arrived today! Seems good stuff and very light!

Hopefully tomorrow morning I'll have time to cut it down to size/shape and get it in the engine bay :approve:

For now, a quick close up shot of the stuff;

5418487495_46b947eec6_z.jpg

FF 182

Dude car looks amazing!

Fancy a little shoot in a few months? I like like an hour away from leceister and have same colour car as you, same carbon bits but got a 182 lol!

Different wheels though :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Another small, not very exciting, update. :eek:

I measured up the area I wanted the nimbus heat shield to sit and then cut it to the correct size and shape. I wasn't expecting it to be in any way difficult, but it really is such easy stuff to work with.

After cutting, I sealed down the exposed edges and gave them a quick file down, before giving it a rough trial fit behind the engine; seems my measuring skills were sufficient as it sat nicely as planned :clown:

Just need to properly strip the original heat shield out now, drill some mounting holes through the new one and get it bolted in. :)

5420605205_f16468203b_z.jpg

5421261368_c0d478386b_z.jpg

As I posted a couple of pages back, the stainless steel hose clips I received weren't exactly the same as what I ordered. However, the overall range of the clips matched what I needed, so I assumed they would be alright. I've just checked to make sure that's the case and it is, I've got clips to suit all the hose connections I needed. :)

5421288008_e3c98aca78_z.jpg

I'm still undecided as what to do with the engine; whether to paint it or just give it a good clean and leave it like that. It would need degreasing and a thorough clean before painting anyway, so I guess I'll do that and then decide whether to paint or not.

I'd like to get the leads changed to magnecor ones; I know there's really no benefit, other than being a tart! Similarly, the forge polished alloy header tank would be a nice addition too. Hopefully the engine bay will look a lot tidier for the RS2 intake then :evil:

FF 182

In regards to tidying and painting the engine.

I'm considering sending my plenum, or however you spell it up to mike the polisher up in scotland!

He does amazing work at a good rate, mainly polishes up 3 piece alloys but does other bits also.

I think a polished plenum would look nice along with the polished header tank you are on about :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

That plenum and intake setup won't be there for very much longer :)

I've got an RS2 intake on order from JMS, so all that will be replaced with;

UPLOAD.jpg

Image borrowed from the RS2 development thread :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Nice. your bay is gona look great when the RS2 is fitted :)

Where did you get the coolant hoses clips from? can you post the link as i am looking for the same type of thing :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Nice. your bay is gona look great when the RS2 is fitted :)

Where did you get the coolant hoses clips from? can you post the link as i am looking for the same type of thing :)

I got them from AP Motorstore silicone hoses.

http://www.apmotorstore.co.uk/hose-fittings-accessories/hose-clips-clamps/worm-drive-clips.html

My only slight thing is that I'd prefer if the band were a little deeper, but assuming they clamp up with no leaks then it's no problem. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

So, just when all was going so well... :dapprove:

I started the car this afternoon to find a possible misfire when low in the rev range; along with an awful 'blowing' / 'spluttering' type noise heard from the exhaust.

There's very little power low in the rev range, then a sudden surge of power comes back around 2.5K - 3K point. Also, just to make things more fun, when sitting at idle, I've been getting pretty loud backfires.

I had to use the car this afternoon; once the engine was warmed up (after approximately 20 mins of driving) the symptoms disappeared completely and the car was running perfectly. I was hoping it was just a glitch and that it had cured itself.

After leaving the car for a few hours, I started it up to drive home and it was doing exactly the same thing again. I started the drive home with exactly the same loud blowing/spluttering noises and loud backfires with very little power low down in the rev range. In addition this time, after a couple of minutes of driving the 'toxic fumes' warning light began flashing on the dash then went out...

Again though, after 15-20 minutes of driving it cleared again and the car was running fine. Help please! :(

I've also posted this topic in the faults section here; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?559148-Loud-backfires-loss-of-power-at-low-revs.

Ollie's Silver Cup

From my fault thread, I've got a good idea of what to look at. I'll have a check for water first I think, seeing as that one would be the easiest/cheapest fix.

Sadly, I won't have a chance until Thursday, so I'll just have to drive it carefully until then :dead:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
You may end up fouling the plug on the cylinder that's misfiring if you drive it for too long mate