ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

Thanks! :)

haha! The car is garaged when I'm at home and the car park at work is supposedly secure. Fingers crossed I'll never have that issue to deal with! :eek:

182FF

WoW! at ur car just brought one myself in iceberg with only 46k on the clock FRSH! 2118's first addition cant wait!
Your car is the SEX

Sam.......needs a tissue :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

WoW! at ur car just brought one myself in iceberg with only 46k on the clock FRSH! 2118's first addition cant wait!
Your car is the SEX

Sam.......needs a tissue :)

Thanks! the 2118's are one of the best purchases I've made tbh :)

On another note, I quite fancy changing the side/bump strips for grey/black ones (cup racer style)

Anyone know if these are just the poverty spec ones that are used? Or, were they a specific paint finish on the cup racers? :)

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

New bolts look mint, nice to see something different.

I personally wouldn't risk taking the locking nuts out until you have the new ones. Wheels are too nice!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Possible change of plans regarding performance modifications, however, I'll update when I know/have decided what I want to do.

I'm going to have a look into the black/dark grey door bump strips, the same style as many of the cup racers, as personally I think they look great; should go well with the carbon bits imo!

Wishing the weather would improve, as I have a few little bits to do, but don't want to be outside in the rain :dapprove:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Possible change of plans regarding performance modifications, however, I'll update when I know/have decided what I want to do.

I'm going to have a look into the black/dark grey door bump strips, the same style as many of the cup racers, as personally I think they look great; should go well with the carbon bits imo!

Wishing the weather would improve, as I have a few little bits to do, but don't want to be outside in the rain :dapprove:

Not a bad idea - get some cheapies from a low spec clio to see what they're like - covered in carbon would look tres nice!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Not a bad idea - get some cheapies from a low spec clio to see what they're like - covered in carbon would look tres nice!

To be honest, I wasn't sure what were used on the cup racers; whether they were pov spec plastic, or sprayed in a specific paint finish?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

They've always looked like dull pov spec plastic from the pics I've seen - cheap enough to replace!

Ollie's Silver Cup

And following the last post, a quick photoshop. I'm really liking the black/grey door strips look :evil:

5354746535_c5494aa3c1_z.jpg

Thoughts?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

i like, i looked at getting my strips covered too, but tres too expensive!

Ollie's Silver Cup

So quick update again and change of plan; I've just ordered a JMS RS2 intake manifold :evil:

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

So quick update again and change of plan; I've just ordered a JMS RS2 intake manifold :evil:

Nice one mate.

For me it's either one JMS intake maifolds, or ITB's... TC or SC conversions don't really apply to me.

Just out of interest why did you go for the intake manifold over TB's?

n/a

any reason to why you went with the manifold olly? you have to take me for a drive when you get it fitted mate, im getting bored of mine now

Ollie's Silver Cup

To be honest, for the past couple of months I'd been completely set on going down the throttle body route and was now at the point of ordering some 'bodies.

Reading into threads/posts/reviews on the JMS manifold it appeared a really strong alternative. The results look very promising!

The fact that it runs on standard management, eliminating the need to mess about with changing looms and wiring, is a huge bonus imo. As well as the 'bolt on' nature of the kit. :)

Can't wait! :evil:

Evo 5 RS

Liking the plastic door trims actually.

There are a few up sides to running the full works though, pure induction <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Ignore my crude paint effort - couldn't be arsed switing the main pc on!

5354746535_3af67987aa_o.jpg

02 Clio 172

Hi, just wondering if you could state which wheels you have there. I'm a little new to the site and there seem to be endless variations of the speedlines, cheers

Ollie's Silver Cup
The silver ones at the start of the thread are 16" Speedline turinis

The anthracite ones towards the end are 15" Speedline 2118's :)