ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

Also, ordered a set of Magnecor leads to go with the other engine bits. :)

When I had the plug damage a few weeks back, there was also light damage to a couple a lead too. Although it's been sorted for now, I thought best to get a new set of leads to prevent any future issues that may occur with the existing leads.

Went for the cheaper 8mm blue leads, as I can't see the 8.5mm really giving any benefit;

ktecp173.jpg

Tyres (Parada Spec 2's) are also wearing quickly! Like the Spec 2's so looking at jumping to the higher spec Advan AD08's. Seem to get very good reviews! :)

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Magnecor leads arrived this morning; excellent service from k-tec again. Ordered these Monday afternoon/evening and they arrived today. :approve:

5511978188_f0159e2467_z.jpg

5511978356_7807670f67_z.jpg

I think that's about everything I wanted/needed ready for the JMS RS2 intake, other than a can of VHT paint I'm considering. May just see how the crank cover looks after a good clean and degrease first though!

So, the hoses, leads, heat shield and mocal catch tank will all go on the same time as the intake. :)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Nice leads ;)

I found that the cam cover never really looks clean even after its been degreased fully. It sort of gets stained by the cr"p on it. So a quick spray of paint will make it look a million times neater.

Evo 5 RS

they put a sealant of sorts on it out of the factory but it wears off after 5 minutes. Natures a b**ch

Ollie's Silver Cup

I like the VHT crackle paint that Dave's used on his; they do it in black, which would be spot on!

Will probably get some and do it then :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

do it oli, even if it is too see how cool it is as it cures

Ollie's Silver Cup

Something else arrived to stick in the box with the rest of the hoses, leads, etc.

The can of VHT crinkle effect paint for the engine. Should tidy the engine up and look well with the black hoses and black RS2 :approve:

5517355403_082af3cbab_z.jpg

Just awaiting the completion of the new design RS2 and then can get cracking with everything :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

:rasp:

I wouldn't have thought so. It's been a really well managed group buy; Tom's been sending regular emails with the progress at every step, so everyone involved always knows where they stand and how it's progressing. :)

I'm just getting everything (the accessories I've been collecting) boxed up ready so it's out the way and neat and tidy.

5517403095_ba554012a8_z.jpg

You may notice the vehicle tax notification in the back of that photo too! :dapprove:

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

just had mine through and coughed up £235. depressing. Oh and the roads round me couldnt be any shitter. typical

Ollie's Silver Cup

Some recent (yesterday) photos of the car, in a nice clean state! :evil:

Posted these in a separate media thread ( http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?566426-Silver-172-Cup-March-11 ) already, but thought I'd stick a couple or so of my favourites in here too.

5519829614_601060f08d_z.jpg

5519240019_6b93550f55_z.jpg

5519240323_4e14a77343_z.jpg

I love the look of the 2118's, Wilwood's and polarised bolts when it's all clean!! :D

Also picked up an email from Tom earlier regarding the progress on the new design RS2; looking like it's not long now! :cool:

One of the comments in my other thread was about the sills and the bolts in there; I'm now looking at replacing those bolts with polarised/purple ones, just to be a tart! :eek: lol

Ollie's Silver Cup

Another year and another dead exhaust mount!

The K-Tec system just appears to be too heavy for the standard mounts; I'm going to give the powerflex bushes/mount into the metal cage/frame a go before looking at the uprated item that appears to be available (Prima racing I think it was).

Also, I'm expecting the RS2 won't be very long now. Based on comments in the jms update thread, it sounds as though Tom's busy in the assembly stage at the moment! :cool:

I have an ever-increasing list of jobs I want or need to do; should keep me busy over the coming weeks/months after the engine stuff is out the way.

Last edited:
C

clio-lord

have just just painted the hubs black? just cant make out if there centre caps or not

Ollie's Silver Cup

Is the list endless lol? coming along nicely mate :)

haha fortunately it's not endless. It's mostly little bits to finish things off properly. :)

have just just painted the hubs black? just cant make out if there centre caps or not

They're painted with black hammerite. I cleaned them up first with some wire wool and then applied a couple of coats :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Love this car!

Any pics of the engine bay with the new hoses in?

Thanks! :approve:

The hoses aren't on the car yet, they're in a box with the other stuff. It'll all be going on together, when my JMS intake manifold arrives :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

As I'm at home tonight, I thought I'd write a small update about what's to come with the car and where things are at.

I believe the new revised RS2 production is now in it's final stages, so hoping it won't be long until it's with me now. I've asked for the manifold to be finished totally in black, but with anodised purple bolts. ;) I mentioned the purple bolts/nuts to Tom a while ago and he kindly looked into it and came up with something.

Once that's arrived, can get cracking with the fitting of the manifold, along with the black silicone hoses, mocal tank, magnecor leads and nimbus heat shield. I've also got a can of crinkle effect black paint to tidy up the rocker/cam cover. I'm thinking of relocating the battery also.

Then onto mapping ASAP; will be heading to either RS Tuning or TDF for this. If TDF are happy to map the RS2, this is probably the way I'll go, as they're fairly local. :)

As I mentioned a few posts back, there's an ever-growing list of things I want to get done on the car throughout the year after the engine bits are finished and out of the way. Luckily, none of these things are particularly expensive and I can just get on with it in little stages.

1.) The steering wheel needs changing (I'm still unsure of what to do with it - RS197 or aftermarket) as my existing one has melted and generally falling apart bit by bit! :dead: Exhaust mount is also ruined (probably because of the weight of the KTR stealth) but as said I'm going to give a powerflex mount a go inside the rear frame.

2.) As the ET43 2118's have slightly reduced the track width from standard, I'm hoping to get some hubcentric spacers to sort this out. Ideally I wanted those with separate bolts for the spacer to hub, then use my current polarised bolts for the wheel to spacer. However, it's seems it's only really the wider spacers that use this setup; will have to look into it more.

3.) I'd like to add a bit more to the suspension/handling setup by adding the infamous Whiteline adjustable rear ARB and Powerflex poly bushes up front. I love what Chris (Chrispy) did with his subframe, so when I'm ready to do the bushes, I'd like my subframe attacking too; either finished simply in gloss black to give it a freshen up, or in purple to match the other polarised bits on the car.

4.) I seem to be going through the Parada Spec 2's, so planning on replacing these with the Yoko AD09's when the time comes. :)

5.) Finish the bodywork/exterior changes. There's a number of carpark dents down the nearside rear quarter, which a paintless dent removal company can sort; this is something I've needed to do for AGES, but just never gotten around to it. Couple more carbon bits would be nice; fog light surrounds and rear bumper trim. I may also proceed with swapping the silver bump strips for the grey ones, as I really did like the look.

So, assuming all goes to plan, this list of stuff (there's probably other bits I've forgotten) should keep me busy over/throughout 2011.

5519240323_4e14a77343_z.jpg

FF 182

Looks fantastic mate, similiar to mine, have all the carbon bits possible but with anthracite turini's on ;)

I got rid of my dents today, soemthing you want to do, the guy was magic, three on the front of the bonnet and 2 on the rear quarter, half hour later and £50 lighter you could never tell that there were any dents on the car, the best thing i've done tbh and the cheapest

Your only an hour up the M1 from me, could always meet up at some point if u wanted a little shoot :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looking good Oliver : ) roll on RS2 fitting dates : )

I can't imagine it will be very long to wait now :approve:

I'm having the kit only; imagine it will be sent around the same time the fully fitted customers begin getting theirs. ;)

Love this

Thanks! :D

Looks fantastic mate, similiar to mine, have all the carbon bits possible but with anthracite turini's on ;)

I got rid of my dents today, soemthing you want to do, the guy was magic, three on the front of the bonnet and 2 on the rear quarter, half hour later and £50 lighter you could never tell that there were any dents on the car, the best thing i've done tbh and the cheapest

Your only an hour up the M1 from me, could always meet up at some point if u wanted a little shoot :)

Yeah, that would be pretty cool in the summer! There's a few around this area. :)

I've used paintless dent removal places before and was very impressed, really must get this sorted as it's bugging me now.

Deffently do the subframe purple :) Would look great!

Sound like some cool plans

I'd like the purple tbh! :cool:

Clio 182 Trophy

Have just finished reading this thread from start to finish, absolutley class car and really do love your taste in mods. I seriously considering getting hold of a 172/182 cup to modify like this. Can't bring myself to make heavy changes to the trophy, wanna keep that one standard. Well off to pistonheads classifieds!

Renaultsport Clio 172

For the spacers, since it was originaly 38.5 and now 43, you don't need to go wide at all, you can fit a 6mm and use your current bolts and also you won't need hubcentric as the speedline is flat by design on the surfaces that mate to the discs. this design from the 2118 would allow you to use non hubcentric spacers of up to 10mm, but since you are on coils that would rub a bit I think

Ollie's Silver Cup

Love this car and the plans sound great!

Thanks! I tend to change my mind a lot, but think that list the way to go to get it finished :)

Same as above ! Awesome work mate.

Cheers! :D

Have just finished reading this thread from start to finish, absolutley class car and really do love your taste in mods. I seriously considering getting hold of a 172/182 cup to modify like this. Can't bring myself to make heavy changes to the trophy, wanna keep that one standard. Well off to pistonheads classifieds!

Would be good to do it, especially considering the price of cups now! Or a ph1 172? ;)

For the spacers, since it was originaly 38.5 and now 43, you don't need to go wide at all, you can fit a 6mm and use your current bolts and also you won't need hubcentric as the speedline is flat by design on the surfaces that mate to the discs. this design from the 2118 would allow you to use non hubcentric spacers of up to 10mm, but since you are on coils that would rub a bit I think

I've never really fancied the idea of non hub-centric spacers more than 3-5mm tbh, but I'll have a look into that! :)

I'd ideally like the track a little wider than the standard set-up was I think! :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Since this photo was taken, a lot more of the thumb grip has fell apart;

5403606315_dcff38d283_z.jpg

So, it's being replaced with a 300mm OMP Trecento. Can't grumble for £77; got to love pleather! ;)

omp_trecento-uno.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Had confirmation that the omp wheel was dispatched today, so hopefully it will arrive tomorrow or Monday.

Update on the JMS intake, should be finished and delivered next week, which is good! Really looking forward to getting it.

I'm not sure on whether to order a Mocal oil cooler to arrive next week too; I'm sure I won't really need one, but would another nice little touch I think :)

After much deliberating, I think the rear seats will be stripped out. They're never used and can always be kept to be bolted back in if ever I sold the car. Stripped out rear and Recaro PP/Furious' would be a good option for me imo!

The next updates should be the wheel and manifold arriving then... :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

I imagine so! :)

I couldn't make my mind up between a smaller aftermarket wheel or a 197/200 one, but I thought it would be nicer having the smaller one! Plus, as above, for £77 it's a proper bargain! :approve:

How are you finding your fixed seats?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

I imagine so! :)

I couldn't make my mind up between a smaller aftermarket wheel or a 197/200 one, but I thought it would be nicer having the smaller one! Plus, as above, for £77 it's a proper bargain! :approve:

How are you finding your fixed seats?

£77 is a great price!

TBH I am loving the fixed bucket seat and 4 point harnesses Oilver. I did a short track session at Castle Combe last Sat, and the seat was great :approve:

However I am not sure if I'd want to run one on a daily driver, or have one in a car that I drive often as it's a ballache getting in and out of it.

Ollie's Silver Cup

£77 is a great price!

TBH I am loving the fixed bucket seat and 4 point harnesses Oilver. I did a short track session at Castle Combe last Sat, and the seat was great :approve:

However I am not sure if I'd want to run one on a daily driver, or have one in a car that I drive often as it's a ballache getting in and out of it.

The leather finish was a bit more (around £120 I think) but thought the PU finish would do the job! :eek:

I think the fixed Pole Position or Furious, still running belts, is about as far as I would want to go with it being used daily.

Are you fitting the manifold youself? Can't wait to see yours :)

I'm hoping I'll be doing it with a mate, yeah :)

I was having a look through your photos again earlier, really wanting to do the subframe!

Looking at buying a second subframe, having that powder coated, and then swapping it onto the car; couldn't really be without the car long enough for the current subframe to be done.