ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

thatl be why then as iv always seen the leather price and cheers for that mate may have 2 get 1 for my cup

Ollie's Silver Cup

Update! My omp wheel arrived today, even from un-boxing it and picking it up, I know I'm going to love it. Got to be the best value for money wheel available.

5631522245_be02735423_z.jpg

5631522569_f33cfeb332_z.jpg

5631522835_d9ef26febe_z.jpg

:approve:

FF 182

Yum lovely wheel :) where did you get it if you don't mind me asking? And the boss kit?

Ollie's Silver Cup

I got it from demon tweeks :)

As with most aftermarket wheels, you can use any boss kit; momo, omp, etc.

I'm sure I read somewhere on here about a minor issue with the omp boss, so I'll be using a momo boss I think :)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Nice choice of wheel mate, is it the trecento uno 300mm? I've got one on my silver cup, it's awesome and transforms the way the car feels and the feedback.

Heres a pic of it in my silver cup :)

028-10.jpg

Also get momo boss as OMP one catchs the cowling

Ollie's Silver Cup

Good to hear positive feedback on the wheel. :D

Yeah, I thought there was something with the omp boss, but couldn't remember exactly what it was :eek:

Pole Positions or Furious' next I think ;)

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things

Pole Positions or Furious' next I think ;)

Sounds like our cars are going to be quite similar then :) Been trying to source a good set of pole positions or furious for a while, a lad had one of each with extra low subframes but I couldn't get them for a good price so left them

Ollie's Silver Cup

Sounds like our cars are going to be quite similar then :) Been trying to source a good set of pole positions or furious for a while, a lad had one of each with extra low subframes but I couldn't get them for a good price so left them

Last time I looked, the Furious' were just under £300 each from capital seating, which is pretty good.

I didn't realise you could use the extra low subframes with them, that's good to know! :)

pole positions are the way forward! ;)

:D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Decided to attempt to sort something with the rear exhaust mount this morning.

It had got to the point where it was unbearable; the noise/vibration coming from it was terrible, as the metal hanger on the exhaust was sitting on the metal cage of the mount;

5634443618_efd254585c_z.jpg

I didn't want to use the socket, as although it would have lifted the exhaust, I imagine it wouldn't have done anything to help the noise/vibration issue.

So, I decided to go with the hose method. Cutting up a small section of my trusty karcher hose cable tying a piece into either corner of the mount.

So, although it still looks like a sagging shagged exhaust mount, it's actually 100 times better than it was before! The hose has pushed it up just enough to give some support and stop it vibrating through the metal mount.

5633862357_b2e26fb69e_z.jpg

I'm not sure how long it'll last, but for now it will do. I'll have a look into a better/proper fix when I need to.

I also took the omp wheel outside to compare it to the original; much better! :D

5634443774_d2c03cdb78_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Momo boss now ordered; should have done it at the same time as the wheel really! lol! :eek:

Hoping the RS2 intake arrives this week also, would be ideal with having next week off of work :approve:

Ollie's Silver Cup

That was the other option, the uprated one from Prima.

I've not really seen any feedback on them yet though; I thought they were more than that too, so probably worth a shot anyway! :)

I don't think this heavy k-tec exhaust will be staying forever, I'd sooner have something lighter.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Momo boss arrived today, after only ordering yesterday; fantastic service from 'tweeks as usual :)

5638046387_d4d3f6ced3_z.jpg

5638046165_bfd950335b_z.jpg

Cannot wait to get everything on now, sure it'll have been worth the wait :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Big update coming shortly, courtesy of JMS! :evil:

Final stages of the RS2 development/production/assembling, meaning it will be with me soon and I cannot wait. :D

It's been a pretty exciting process tbh, with the development of the 2011 revised manifold running along side the group buy, Tom's done well to keep everyone involved at each step; great stuff.

I'm just sitting here debating on whether to order an oil cooler; no reason particularly, I just quite fancy one to go with the other bits I've been collecting. :eek:

Ollie's Silver Cup

Strangely, the horn push doesn't fit in the centre of the wheel with the top silver ring in place on the boss.

As can be seen from this photo, the silver ring has a raised outward lip in the centre; it's this that's stopping the horn push going in.

5638046165_bfd950335b_z.jpg

Leaving this top silver ring out, everything fits together perfectly. So, I'm assuming there's no problem with leaving it out? I'm sure I've read/seen people do similar before on here.

Ollie's Silver Cup

OMP wheel is now on; massive improvement over the original wheel, great to drive.

Very happy with it, looks much much better imo.

5684709762_c1147ed2c4_z.jpg

5684710086_59b47e1057_z.jpg

TrackCar & F30 330d

That does loom nice!

Your pictures are allways good quality :)

Have you not got your fancy Mani yet?

Ollie's Silver Cup

That does loom nice!

Your pictures are allways good quality :)

Have you not got your fancy Mani yet?

Cheers mate. Having fun getting the horn to work at the moment though haha. I think it's an earthing issue, the new horn push isn't earthing at the moment, so no horn! :eek:

Fingers crossed it could be tomorrow for the manifold. The last update in the RS2 thread on here said 3rd May as the expected shipping date; assuming that's happened, I'm expecting it this week :D

Ollie's Silver Cup

Thought I would also update this with the photos from my recent media thread.

5664370303_c53bfe8782_z.jpg

5664934760_eeff4bd87a_z.jpg

5664369741_4de60057c6_z.jpg

5664935354_daeb40f84e_z.jpg

5664370573_f86dfed2ce_z.jpg

And one final one, out and about;

5672038873_519409c781_z.jpg

:)

Ollie's Silver Cup

My machine polisher arrived this afternoon.

DAS-6 polisher, couple of polishes and pads (compounding, polishing and finishing) :)

I gave it a try this afternoon on the bonnet, which was one of the worse areas paint wise on my car, and was really pleased with the results. I'm going to attack the rest of the car with it tomorrow :D

5687867200_e45b4e772b_z.jpg

5687867496_84947310a8_z.jpg

5687299401_350fb7bc8c_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Yes it's velcro'd :)

Had plates velcro'd on for the past 3 years or so and it's been no problem so far.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Originally, I got some from car electronics ltd in Leicester, it was really wide strong stuff. It was used in their workshop for various jobs and was so much better than the stuff I'm using now.

This stuff is just self adhesive velcro strips, nothing special. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Some more updates, while I think about it.

The RS2 intake should be leaving JMS tomorrow, meaning it will be with me shortly after! :D

2011 spec RS2; powder coated black jenvey base and anodised black aluminium shiny bits :evil:

I've also, literally 2 minutes ago, ordered myself a new set of tyres.

I've gone through the Parada's at quite some rate and have been really happy with them; the dry grip is fantastic for the price imo!

So sticking with Yokohama, I've gone up to the AD08's (Yoko Advan Neova AD08)

YokoNeovaAD08_2.jpg

Rb 182

Great thread just sat ere 1-34 n now can't wait to get my 172 or 182 :)
Such a nice car

Clio 172 Cup

Those tyres look so nice! Some serious rubber to wrap around them speedlines. Nice choice on the wheel. It looks great. Bet it feels good when driving too. What products do you usually use when cleaning? You seem to get a great shine from a silver car!

Ollie's Silver Cup

How much was the wheels if you don't mind me asking lol

Direct from Speedline, they're about £500 without tyres. :)

Those tyres look so nice! Some serious rubber to wrap around them speedlines. Nice choice on the wheel. It looks great. Bet it feels good when driving too. What products do you usually use when cleaning? You seem to get a great shine from a silver car!

It's much better when driving; the steering feel is fantastic compared to before.

Cleaned using Dodo Juice Supernatural shampoo. When polishing I have been using SRP followed by EGP, but I'll be machine polishing too from now on. Wax using Dodo Juice Supernatural. :)

Honda Accord Type R

I have just read the whole thread and what a great looking car!
I have just got myself a Iceberg 172 Cup with A/C!
I will have to meet up and have a look at your car one day to get some idea's for myself :)
I had the AD08's on my last car and the dry handling was fantastic.The wet was not so good but they had been on the car a while and it was tracked so they should be better when new.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Oh I just noticed you're from Leicester. Quite a few Cliosport members in the area. :)

I'll keep an eye out for your silver cup.

Ollie's Silver Cup

After the machine polisher arrived yesterday, I've spent today going over the car with it!

I first started with a finishing pad and a light polish, before assessing the results. Although it looked better, there were still marks/stratches/swirls in the paint, so I tried a more course polish and pad; which was perfect for the job! Really couldn't be happier with the results it's produced; I'm sure professional/experienced detailers could pick it to bits, but for a first attempt I'm very impressed.

Just one reflection shot.

5690564156_898fc36214_z.jpg