ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Re: Iceberg 172 Cup Project

This is what your kit will look like when it arrives, quite a few people have specced the subtle all black look - these have been built this evening (just got in).

1.jpg

FULL FAT 182

Oh tasty !! I'm getting mine fitted today, I'm like a six year old at Christmas eve.
I'm going for the anodised orange and black scheme.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Going from the photo Tom's posted up, the black finish was the right choice :)

Just awaiting Fedex delivering it.

Last edited:
  Ollie's Silver Cup

Big update time! JMS RS2 intake arrived this afternoon.

I'll start with a few photos of the manifold, which itself is a beautiful piece of work, before writing a bit about the plans and my experience of the ordering and group buy process.

5707896738_5092fa1e88_z.jpg

5707331979_5ed931673b_z.jpg

5707897316_dfe1d6ba69_z.jpg

5707897702_baceb6637c_z.jpg

5707898052_f10c8c3b73_z.jpg

You may have seen I've been collecting a few bits to compliment the manifold for a while now; silicone hoses, catch tank, nimbus heat shield, etc. And, now, I really cannot wait to get everything on the car and sorted.

I've no doubt that the black powder-coated jenvey base manifold and black anodised aluminium components were the right decision with regards to colour choice.

The quality of the kit is fantastic; a very good and well implemented product that Tom has created with the RS2, even more so with the 2011 amendments.

With regards to the group buy that I took place in, I enjoyed being a part of it. :approve:

Running at the same time as the group buy was the amendments to the kit for 2011 (the single piece custom designed jenvey base manifold). The continued and regular updates on how design/manufacture was progressing really makes you feel involved at every step. The money saved on the kit from being a part of the group buy was also a bonus. ;)

If you're thinking of purchasing an RS2 in the future and another group buy opportunity comes up, I'd definitely recommend getting involved in it!

So, of course, a massive thanks to Tom@JMS for all the work he's put into it. :cool:

Evo 5 RS

Tom sure knows how to make things look the muts nuts..You're gonna have some fun when that's on.

Black Gold 182...
Awesome, looking forward to seeing the engine bay complete with all the bits you have. Car looks stunning on the exterior too :cool:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks great, like you very glad u went for black!

Just awaiting my call to book me in now, then once fitted I'll give the cup a bit if loving as she has been neglected of late :(

On a side note I didn't know you and Stunty knew each other from the KA days, I was a Klub member to for a while!!

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks for the comments, guys! :)

Blimey those pictures are superb - better than any I have taken (saves as..)

Cheers, Tom. Don't suppose you have any of those fancy JMS window stickers kicking about? ;)

Looks great! ReAlly like that, can't wait to see it on your engine!

I was stuck between spraying the engine black or silver (after seeing your rocker cover :evil: ).

I decided to go with that crackle effect black in the end, to keep with the stealthy look.

Looks great, like you very glad u went for black!

Just awaiting my call to book me in now, then once fitted I'll give the cup a bit if loving as she has been neglected of late :(

On a side note I didn't know you and Stunty knew each other from the KA days, I was a Klub member to for a while!!

As before, two silver CC cups with all black RS2's :cool:

I think you may have been before my time on there mate? How long ago were you a member? :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've just swapped the diamond back to the original item.

My carbon one was getting a little rough around the edges; the painted black edges chipping off. Looking at it now, I think the original silver/chrome diamond has freshened up the front end!

So, on that, I think that's decided that I'll be running the original diamond, new style RS badge and a matt carbon splitter. :)

The matt carbon splitter will better match the RS2 also. :D

Ollie's Silver Cup
haha! :approve:

I've just ordered the last piece of silicone hose that I needed. Just a 13mm straight length to use with my catch tank.

I had a look on AP motorstore again (where I got my wormdrive clips from) and once again their prices were great. They also cut the hose in shorter lengths than most places, meaning I could order 500mm, which is the perfect length I needed.

i swapped my diamond back over to the carbon one this morning, as tbh, after looking at it again I thought it looked better with the carbon one on :eek: LOL so that was a bit of a wasted time.

Looking back at photos like this, it's the carbon badge that really makes it I think!

5664370303_c53bfe8782_z.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
The last piece of silicone hose I needed arrived today; for use with the catch tank. :)

After looking around, I ordered it through AP Motorstore. This was the same place I got my jubilee/wormdrive clips from; fantastic prices, nowhere else came close!

The hose was only £8.38 for the 133mm diameter 500mm length, but the quality is fantastic; as good/better than the forge hoses.

5718942213_ea0642901e_z.jpg

5719503078_3f03679017_z.jpg

All I'm waiting for now is the coil pack mount from Tom, which was away having a seal put on it, then I can get cracking with the RS2. :evil:

FULL FAT 182
Looking good oliver, I have the same oil catch tank waiting to be fitted to the 182, but managed to get the feed put to the fitted to the other side as I wanted it mounted where the old air box location.

I will have to upload some photos of the RS2 manifold soon but I've just been too busy of late, I originally wanted the orange scheme but unfortunately it looked more of a gold but Tom built me the all black scheme which is the winners choice ;).

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'll be having mine mounted in the same place; where the old air box was, at the side of the battery? :)

I've just not got around to swapping the inlet and level sight over yet.

The all black scheme is great imo! :approve:

What map is yours running on at the moment? Standard map? the generic map ? or have you been to RS Tuning already? :)

BG 182
this is one the best project thread ive read, taken me ages to get through this lol, great car and it looks stunning

FULL FAT 182
I'll be having mine mounted in the same place; where the old air box was, at the side of the battery? :)

I've just not got around to swapping the inlet and level sight over yet.

The all black scheme is great imo! :approve:

What map is yours running on at the moment? Standard map? the generic map ? or have you been to RS Tuning already? :)

Hi Oliver,

My car is currently running on the standard map, i will be travelling up to RS Tuning on the 2nd June at 13.00pm. I will be looking at getting the oil catch tank fitted after then as i will need to get the correct hose.

Ollie's Silver Cup
What's it been running like on the standard map?

Would you say it's usable for a short while, everyday use? Just I'll need to use mine to get to work, etc between putting the manifold on and getting it mapped!

I'm just using a 13mm straight section silicone hose for the catch tank; plenty of flexibility to position the tank where the original airbox was :)

Standard map is fine mate, had mine fitted and drove about for a month on standard map before i went to RS tuning, even went over to germany with it and never skipped a beat. Is good once mapped though:D

Ollie's Silver Cup
Standard map is fine mate, had mine fitted and drove about for a month on standard map before i went to RS tuning, even went over to germany with it and never skipped a beat. Is good once mapped though:D

Brill; thanks for that! :D

Good to know, as I was wondering how it would be with being used daily unmapped.

FULL FAT 182
It's ok running the standard map but I would take it easy, Tom said don't go over 5k until its mapped. You will notice a drop in mpg as I was getting between 34-39 on the motorway. And around town was about 23-27. I'm hoping on a better return once mapped, but the I do like to put my foot down now and again.