ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Ollie's Silver Cup
That's alright then; I'd have been expecting slow throttle response and lower MPG until it's been mapped tbh. :)

Just awaiting my coil pack mount and then I'm all set!

Last edited:
  FULL FAT 182
I'm waiting for mine as the one I've got is in red, let me know how you get on with the catch tank as I might need to fabricate a bracket to lower the position as it will sit too high if fitted to the battery rail.

Ollie's Silver Cup
If you put a couple of new holes in the catch tank's mounts, it should be alright for clearance? :)

Photo borrowed from Owen's TDF thread;

DSCN2350.jpg

Trophy #382
Hi Oliver,

My car is currently running on the standard map, i will be travelling up to RS Tuning on the 2nd June at 13.00pm. I will be looking at getting the oil catch tank fitted after then as i will need to get the correct hose.

Sweet, mine is provisionally booked for the 2nd at 3:00pm may see you up there?

Ollie's Silver Cup
I still need to sort some mapping; I'm hoping that TDF are happy to do it. :)

Bit of a tangent here, but what the crack with the Piper Cams? The price on 'tweeks, just over £300, I'm assuming is for regrinds? With this, do you send your original cams away to be worked on?

FULL FAT 182
Hi ollie , I'd give Paul White a bell at tweeks. Cant find out at the moment as I'm on my way back from a job interview.

Ollie's Silver Cup
I'm just awaiting some supplementary parts from Tom, before the RS2 can be fitted. I have every faith that it won't be too long a wait. :)

However, as I doubt the kit will be on the car now before FCS (which is what I was initially aiming for) ideally I'd like pursue something I thought about/discussed a while ago; aftermarket cams.

The Piper re-grinds seemed to get good reviews on here, in terms of performance gains, but it's not ideal having to send my originals away (makes the whole process so much longer) and I'm put off by the rattle that some people seem to experience with them.

So really, without spending silly amounts, it has to be the cat cams. Either 421's or 428's.

I'll do a little more research, on how the 421's will perform on the standard management, and then decide on which way to go.

Would be good if the mentioned TDF cams became available before then too. ;)

Would be nice if the JMS RS2, combined with aftermarket cams, would hit the 200bhp mark.

Also, I'm assuming this is a question best given to Tom, but I'm wondering whether a jenvey fuel rail could be used with the RS2 intake. I've no reason for it, other than it looks pretty. :eek:

Last edited:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
We so need to meet up for a shoot once I am back on top if all the jobs I need to do on my cup!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Going in on the 27th!

Can't wait, although I have another issue that toms looking at when it's in, a wobble under acceleration in 3rd gear up :( just praying it's not a gearbox or something else costly!

Ollie's Silver Cup
I've decided to run with the Catcam 428's. Unless any other options become available before then.

So, I'll be getting these ordered up soonish I think. :)

Makes sense to have a single mapping session with both cams and the RS2 on the car.

Going in on the 27th!

Can't wait, although I have another issue that toms looking at when it's in, a wobble under acceleration in 3rd gear up :( just praying it's not a gearbox or something else costly!

Hopefully it'll be a simple enough and non too costly fix!

Last edited:
  n/a
wicked job Oli this must be one of the /thee best clio's on here mate, will have to do another meet and see it in the flesh top job keep it up :)

Clio 172 & Pug 205
Just read the whole thread, and man I'm loving it :approve:

Keep up the good work :race:

Adie.

C

clio-lord

think ill be goin fcs to see this car for real. this is one of the best lookin clio's ever.

Ollie's Silver Cup
Thanks guys.

I'm really looking forward to getting all the new engine parts on; at the moment my box of parts is making a very nice ornament in my computer room. ;)

5748143290_d9a5a72c0b_z.jpg

So sitting there we have the JMS RS2 base manifold, pipercross cone filter and silicone hose, forge coolant silicone hose kit, Mocal catch tank and straight silicone hose section, Magnecor leads, all other RS2 fitting related bits.

Would be nice to get, at least, the RS2 on by FCS. :)

Then get some 428's in there and send it off for mapping; that's what I'm working towards now.

Hoping I have time tomorrow to get my tyres swapped over to the AD08's. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
haha. Actually, I used the wrong word to describe it, it's not a cone filter really. :)

It's the filter that is supplied with the RS2. It's an open pipercross spec filter, similar/same as what they offer as the 'race spec' filter for the V6 airbox setup I believe.

With the manifold in place, it sits behind the nearside headlight.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I hope you do some anger vids with all these goodies on - I still can't decide if I want to change cars or not, most of the time I don't as I really like this but it's simply not fast enough!

Ollie's Silver Cup
I occasionally go through those kind of bored stages tbh, I think everyone does; I'm hoping this will make a very fun car even more enjoyable! :)

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I occasionally go through those kind of bored stages tbh, I think everyone does; I'm hoping this will make a very fun car even more enjoyable! :)

I miss my williams to be honest, I think it's because it was rare and was something a little different - I need to make the 172 a little different than the norm I think.

Ibiza SC
Very inspirational build thread mate, I could read it over and over.

How's the speaker set up in the front anyway? I'm getting something similar put in this weekend and can't decide whether to have the speakers amped or not, how much did it set you back if I may ask?

Wish I had a box of tricks like that in my room ha, my box has some crappy blue bulbs and some rear pads and thats it :(

Ollie's Silver Cup
Im not to sure when is it? I might do if I still have the clio.

Sunday 5th June; the Sunday after next I think it is? :)

Very inspirational build thread mate, I could read it over and over.

How's the speaker set up in the front anyway? I'm getting something similar put in this weekend and can't decide whether to have the speakers amped or not, how much did it set you back if I may ask?

Wish I had a box of tricks like that in my room ha, my box has some crappy blue bulbs and some rear pads and thats it :(

The speakers are great (JL ZR components), my favourite components tbh! ;)

The speakers were £600 for the fronts, the amp was around £400 iirc, then there's the wiring, etc :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
I also had the tyres swapped over to the new AD08's this morning.

I've taken it out for a quick test and straight the way it's clear they're a completely different level to the Paradas. Very impressed. :approve:

5750936640_a0ce25b62f_z.jpg

Highlighted an issue that the offside CV boot joint is leaking, so I'll need to have a look at that.

n/a
Fook I dno yet I really do want to go but mite nt have a way down there if I sort something out I will let you know, :)

Ollie's Silver Cup
As my hosepipe exhaust repair failed (it probably would have been alright if I'd done it earlier rather than leaving the rubber mount to disintegrate under the weight of the exhaust), this morning, I ordered the uprated 'competition' exhaust mount from Prima racing.

Bit of a strange ordering process; you complete the order online with all details including payment details, then it says they'll be in contact to give a final price including delivery. :S

Anyway, this is it. Looks much better than the original.

MD1050-M.jpg