ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/Wilwood/2118

Re: Ollie's Silver Cup - JMS RS2/428s/Wilwood/2118

wish i hadnt of been at work so i could of popped over and had a look at your car in the metal

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'll be going back for new suspension in the not too distant future, hopefully. :D

I'll be going back for new suspension in the not too distant future, hopefully. :D

yeah i spotted them while i popped over 4 an oil change this evening.. couldnt help but get them out the box and ooo what a lovely looking bit of kit

Ollie's Silver Cup

yeah i spotted them while i popped over 4 an oil change this evening.. couldnt help but get them out the box and ooo what a lovely looking bit of kit

Ahhh, so yours was the other silver cup Danny was having in today! :D

I agree, the suspension kit looked very tasty.

Ollie's Silver Cup

its got me thinking of coilovers now

Will be the rear coil over setup, I would think. For the extra £100 it's great value really, especially with bump and rebound adjustment!

As soon as I've recouped a few more pennies (got a couple of house bits to be paying for too), I'll be changing my Gaz setup in favour of these. :)

For anyone that's not seen the kit (borrowed from Danny's thread ;) );

241658_10150188699301724_509591723_7108050_4476241_o.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup

Hey man,

So what did the RS2 make on your motor?

It's not been to RS Tuning for mapping yet, so I don't know at the moment.

From looking back at Nick's (Nick172Cup) car, he made 190.8 hp when the car was mapped. Prior to mapping, it was 173 hp I believe.

I appreciate that all engines are different, but it does help to illustrate how important a role the mapping plays in the RS2 package. It would appear the mapping really brings it together in terms of the gains and performance.

At the moment, I love the way it drives and the way it delivers the power, but it does feel quite flat in the mid-range. Of course, the standard Renault map isn't ideal for the intake, so I should see this lift significantly once the car's been mapped properly.

RS2'd Trophy

Can you send me the link to this project please? I am very interested in these.

James

Will be the rear coil over setup, I would think. For the extra £100 it's great value really, especially with bump and rebound adjustment!

As soon as I've recouped a few more pennies (got a couple of house bits to be paying for too), I'll be changing my Gaz setup in favour of these. :)

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep

No not yet mate, i know they have been mega busy what with all the ford shows they have been attending this summer, and still developing parts for the focus and fiesta which is fair, seeing as that's where the majority of there custom comes from. Il give them a reminder during the week :)

yep thats the ones id go for.. spoke 2 dan about the idea and im in same boat as needing 2 recoup some pennies.. was an expensive month last month but yeah well worth the extra £100

Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick post, re things to do!

Arrange mapping session. This was postponed due to the cams; now that's resolved I want to get it mapped as soon as possible, ideally.

Fit new carbon bits, once they arrive. I want to hopefully chase these up with Bic/Streamline today. When I last spoke to them they were just finishing the splitter, so I'm expecting them anytime now! :)

Suspension will be changed, when I've recouped a bit of money. I want to replace the Gaz setup with the new kit from Danny/519.

Still looking at seats too; Recaro PP/Furious, Cobra Imola or possibly the Streamline item. Shall have to see.

Quick post, re things to do!
Still looking at seats too; Recaro PP/Furious, Cobra Imola or possibly the Streamline item. Shall have to see.
Hi, I have got two Brand new still in the packaging Recaro furious and recaro side mounts if your interested. I bought them at the end May this year but had a change of direction with my Project and need some more beefy seats for racing. Let me know if they are of interest to you. Regards James

Fiesta ST-3

What's new on the carbon front then mate?

Also, why a new splitter? I thought you had a carbon one? Or did I miss something

Ollie's Silver Cup

Carbon front diamond, splitter, fog surrounds and headlight washer blanks.

You're right, I already have a carbon splitter (the K-Tec gloss one) and a carbon diamond. :) The current splitter has a small crack in it though; it's also wet lay carbon over fibreglass so never going to be particularly durable.

The new one from streamline is pre-preg carbon all the way through. Same with the diamond.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Get this car mapped!

I'll get it sorted ASAP. :)

Couldn't really proceed with anything mapping wise until a decision had been made about the 428s.

Looking at other peoples RS2 graphs, it's the mapping that really brings it together.

Ollie's Silver Cup

They quote up to 4 weeks. It's been a little over that now (about 6 at the moment), which they have apologised for. :)

I'm not in too much of a rush; as long as the quality is good, which I'm sure it will be excellent, I'll be happy!

Renault 5 Turbo

They quote up to 4 weeks. It's been a little over that now (about 6 at the moment), which they have apologised for. :)

I'm not in too much of a rush; as long as the quality is good, which I'm sure it will be excellent, I'll be happy!

I've had bits from them before and they are really good quality :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Heard back from Streamline; order will be ready and sent out next week. :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

Quick update; I've booked a mapping session for the car at RS Tuning.

It's two weeks away exactly, on Friday 9th September. Very much looking forward to completing the RS2 package and hopefully seeing even more out of the product.

I do need to get a new lambda before then though, as my current one has packed in, I believe.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

It's two weeks away exactly, on Friday 9th September. Very much looking forward to completing the RS2 package and hopefully seeing even more out of the product.

I do need to get a new lambda before then though, as my current one has packed in, I believe.

Good News, Will be interested to see how you get on before getting mine booked in :)

Ollie's Silver Cup

This can only make things better, and I'm already very happy with the RS2 as a product. :)

Although it would be nice to get an impressive result power wise, as I've said all along, it's not the end of the world if I don't. The way the car feels and drives is much more important imo.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup

This can only make things better, and I'm already very happy with the RS2 as a product. :)

Although it would be nice to get an impressive result power wise, as I've said all along, it's not the end of the world if I don't. The way the car feels and drives is much more important imo.

Very Sensible outlook and TBH I couldn't agree more!

Ollie's Silver Cup

Replacement lamdba sensor's now been ordered. I've ordered it through k-tec, so it should be here in plenty of time before I get the car mapped. :)

LAMBDASENSOR.jpg

Im booked in for mine mapping then to Ollie, time you there? mines at 1pm, will be good to compare rs2 results

Ollie's Silver Cup

I'm a couple of hours away; with a clear run I'd be hoping for just over two hours. :)

Yes mate, I'm sure I'll see you down there!