ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Omex 600 + Bigger Injectors

My car recently has started "coughing" when driving around mid-throttle - I notice when it does it the Wideband gauge goes really lean - so I'm thinking one of my injectors is cutting out occasionally

There's a possibility it could be the omex wiring loom as it's shite - but the injectors are also 118k old LOL
I was thinking of replacing them with some Megane injectors - I'm running 195+bhp at the moment and figure they must be close to 100% duty

Question is - does the car need a full remap after swapping for bigger injectors or can you just tweek the fuel flow settings (microbit/sec) or etc... to tell the ecu that the new injectors flow more?

I don't really wanna spend £150+ on injectors and then £300+ on another remap :(

Yeah they're running 225 injectors in the burpspeed car - they needed to when they fitted cams and went from around 200 to 215

Fred told me that the stock injectors max out at 200bhp and I trust the lad

182 Cup
Some ecu's like power FC have a offset that you can correct if you put bigger/ smaller injectors in, not sure about omex tho, you would have to check the settings!

Evo 5 RS
I was running 99% duty at 197bhp. They're a worth while investment definitely. That's only on the limiter though. And I'm fairly sure burpspeed sold their injectors as they're not 'essential' till you're over 215. The stock ones will just be working really hard up top till they die lol.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The injector scaling value will correct most of it, the rest will just need a tweak.

Like Mike mentions, you can do that on the road pretty easily, and its only really about half an hours work for the lot IME if you have someone good driving and someone good mapping to make sure you get to all the load cells pretty quickly.

New set of standards would certainly be the simplest fix but personally I dont like running injectors almost maxed out, so I would go for meggy ones, but its easy for me to say that when it would only take me half an hour of my time and a couple of gallon of fuel.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Phil Im home from work on Tuesday and hope to get my car fired up some point next week on my Pico 480 injectors, once I know its running I will send down my 172 ones for you to try. Saves buying new injectors to find out its a wiring issue.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yeah they're running 225 injectors in the burpspeed car - they needed to when they fitted cams and went from around 200 to 215

Fred told me that the stock injectors max out at 200bhp and I trust the lad

wrong on both counts

Racecar runs stock injectors, as does my road car at 209bhp (which is in reality pretty much the maximum) I think Jay fitted a different regulator to bump the pressure and squeeze a bit more headroom from standards.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Phil Im home from work on Tuesday and hope to get my car fired up some point next week on my Pico 480 injectors, once I know its running I will send down my 172 ones for you to try. Saves buying new injectors to find out its a wiring issue.

Using yellows? they're not easy to control because of the spray pattern. They're designed to be used as an externl injecor (stand off) and have a very directional spray rather than an atomised fan pattern. Not nice to use.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Good to know Dan I got them with my Jenveys and noticed Jenvey sell them on there site so took it they paired up well, mmm might stick to standards or 225's.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
225 is the logical choice tbh. Especially as they are a direct fit and not very dear new.
If you get secondhand ones Neil then have a word with jimbo from scs and he will flow test them for you. We got him to test porkies even though they were new just in case and it was only about 30 quid iirc including return postage.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
Will need to order some up when I get home next week, I got the Jenveys and injectors from Stu Collins with the white Jamsport Mk4 so took it they were a good choice for the bodies :dapprove: