ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMG I have crashed my clio!!!

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
I have been driving for 4 years now and never had a scratch on mysel, my licence or my car! Until today that is...

I was leaving the mortorway at newcastle and hit a wet patch. The car just spun, i lost control and turned all the way round! I could just see the motorway coming towards me and see the face of my fiancae. I thought i was stuffed. Until I hit the crash barrier and I eventually stopped.

Luckly it looks like it is just bodywork damage and hopefully there is no other damage. It is gonna cost a fortune, but we were ok. That is the main thing.

I know you al probably know this but we need to be carful on the roads at the moment. Frickin rain.

Watch out for wet patches coming off the motorway into newcastle!!

TeZ

Non RS : (
Unlucky mate as you say 4 years on the road and no scuffs, i had a incident on thursday some wench pulled out on my on a round about and did alot of damge to the front of me :( is a s**t feeling for the first time...

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
The roads seem really greasy at the mo. I saw 3 seperate accidents the other night going to callouts one looked pretty bad.

172 ff silver
glad your ok mate

i had some fun today in the wet :)

back end was breaking loose quite often under hard breaking on very slight bends

i usually do all my breaking in a straight line as you should and only light breaking on any curve

but a couple of times in hard rain anchoring from triple figures i had some near side ways moments

just remember to only break hard on the straights ;)

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
I was only doing about 38 and the tyres are 2 months old. Thanks for all your comments. My back hurts now!.

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
slim boy fat, are you having a F***ing laugh? I have been with my girlfriend for 9 years and would not do anything to hurt her! Who do you think you are to say that? If you have not got anything good/nice to say just dont bother!!!

clio...
Feel for you mate.. Same sort of thing happend to me yday, apart from Me the car and my four passengers were ok. Coming back from morrisons in sland to go back to work hit a round about felt it start to slide then all of a sudden it snapped back end kicked round few spins later left facing sideways at the start of a junction about 30 cm away from a bollard.

The roads are exceptionally greasey at the moment. Main thing is you and your missus are ok, and it could have been worse.

320d
:( a s**t feeling for the first time...

And even worse the 2nd time, got nocked off my scooter twice in just over 3 months :dapprove: luckily i havnt had any incidents in my car, probly because car drivers look out for other cars and just ignor bikes :mad:

A slow one :-(
Sorry to hear about this fella, at least you walked away!

I'm taking it this happened on the Central M'tway in Newcastle?

Bloody nightmare that road, seen a couple of crashes on there.

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Just had a phone call from the garage where my car is at now and they say that it could go either way with the damage, all depends on the insurance company. Could be a write off as they say there could be axle damage.

I have never felt so gutted in my life!

:(

A4 Avant
Gutted glad your ok. I think its getting to that time of year when a bit more care and attention is needed.

My cousin crashed his VXR Monaro on Sunday as well, got caught out by the damp conditions by the sounds of things.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Very true Kully. I kinda open up Clio Discussion everyday hoping there aren't any fresh prangs reported.

Hyundai i40
cars can be replaced..... ppl cant

just think of it that way

your still walking.......onwards and upwards

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Cup killing season is actually Showing Who Can't Drive Properly Season.

Unfortunately the Cup is the victim not the nob behind the wheel.

T

titch

its not always the nob behind there wheel of the cup or any other car it could be the same resone as y i crashed sunday

i whent in 2 the back of a transit tiper because 2 drivers desideed to have a argument on the out side lane on a DUEL CARRAGE WAY an now im the one that suffers coz im working 12-13 hour days trying to get it back on the road

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
its not always the nob behind there wheel of the cup or any other car it could be the same resone as y i crashed sunday

i whent in 2 the back of a transit tiper because 2 drivers desideed to have a argument on the out side lane on a DUEL CARRAGE WAY an now im the one that suffers coz im working 12-13 hour days trying to get it back on the road

Im on about the people who throw their cars off the road or up the back of people because they are driving too fast in crappy conditions.
For those i have little sympathy.

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Cheers for a ll the best wishes etc. I am glad that we are both ok and that most people on here are looking out for eachother. Hopefully find out today if it is going to be fixed or not! If not will still probably get another clio. Love that car :)

Clio 1.2 16v Bilabong
Just had the dreaded phonecall from the garage!! Nearly £3500 worth of damage. They are just waiting to hear from the insurance company now