ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

omp strut brace.......fitted!

finally fitted the "new style" front upper strut brace and it works brilliantly.feels a lot better on the motorway more solid, good investment me thinks (plus it looks good next to my pollished inlet pipes).dead easy to fit as well took about 15 mins. highly recommended.

Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup

Ive also just bought one (from Demon Tweeks)... mines red and looks WICKED. Its bolted (well screwed) into the tops of the strut towers. It kinds feels different to drive, havent made my mind up yet. Seems to grip more and then "let go" unexpectedly!! Need to rack up some more miles to get used to it.

Got a rear one on backorder but its gonna interfere with my sub box so might not bother with it...

Also got a Richbrook black alloy tax disc holder; yippee, all traces of Jeffries Farm have now dissappeared!

Photies to follow.

sparcos strut brace supposedly for the 172 also fits the normal clios...its confirmed...cos a couple of me mates have em fitted...oh and they do not obstruct access to the engine like the OMP one does...i think...

sorry been on oliday so running a bit behind.

ok,hmmm its red,no pics yet but will be coming soon and the part number is "MA 1836" (thats the demon tweeks no).

car feels a lot better as i said but have noticed after a month of running around it rubs on the bonnet lining,not a big problem certainly one i can live with.

heard very good things about the rear one but fitting it means i cant get my moutain bike in the boot.unless it can be modified to swing out of the way.it no longer on the shopping list.

(ps:- if you look in the dt catalogue (performance direct version) sparco do a lower steel version(pt no:-036661inf). i fitted one of these to my mk1 gti golf with huge(and i do mean huge) gains,worth considering.)

grant

sadly that golf is long gone.moved up in the world to a mk 2,then a discovery then saw the light again and into my clio!