ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OMP Wheel and Ph1 Indicator Stalk.

107 Track Car & C4
I'm not brilliant with mechanics or electrics, so bare with me. I have just bought a lovely OMP steering wheel of Adam172 on here and am going to fit it too my 2004 182. After searching and looking through guides, I see the horn button can be an issue, so I'm going to change to a PH1 stalk with the horn on the end. It looks like a straight swap as far as I can see, but what I am wondering is how do you convert to the horn to the stalk? I would imagine after removing the old wheel you are left with a connector of some sort, would that just connect into the 'new' stalk?

Liam

107 Track Car & C4
Think I have found a thread with the info now. It looks like 2 wires (red and black) take them off the old unit and put on the new one? Then the horn should work straight away through the stalk?

Can somebody just confirm this please?

Liam :)

107 Track Car & C4
Here's a guide on how to remove:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...changing-indicator-stalk-auto-switch-on-a-PH1

iirc when I did mine you don't need to connect the old horn connector from the wheel to the new stalk, the existing stalk plug already has a horn loom built into it.

Ah ok cheers. I'm getting the Oreca boss for K-Tec next week hopefully. It comes with 2 sensors, I take it one for the airbag and the other for the cruise control? These just plug straight in I take it?

107 Track Car & C4
I'm going to be changing this tomorrow or Sunday, got my Oreca boss and resistor's today from K-Tec. Just reading up, the plastic surround seems to just pull of from around the stalks and is plug and play with the Ph1 stalk. I see people saying about not knocking the 'squib' out of position, what is the squib?