ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

On the hunt for a News Server

500bhp Scoob
Right... just sorted out my PC, got a new sata card coming tomorrow for the 2 300gb drives i've got sitting about waiting to be filled with t'internet.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a news server.

I was with newshosting a while back on their unlimited package for $14 or so dollars with the 40 or so day retention.

Just wondering if anyone has anything different, that would keep my 10mbit connected maxed out :)
I'm on telewest so they shouldn't throttle my connection at all, atleast they didn't a few months back

Cheers

500bhp Scoob
Hmm might try them for a month... they're a tad bit more expensive than newshosting but have a higher retention rate, newshosting do a 45 day retention whereas newsdemon does upto 85.

Anybody else got any other suggestions, have looked at giganews but thats very pricey i thought

Audi S3 225
i used to be with newshosting and to be honest would say for the money they are the best, but i need ssl so have to pay over the top prices with giganews, service is spot on tho. If i have a problem i send an email and have a reply within 5 minutes helping or fixing my problem, i guess you pay for what you get.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
i use giganews but im a noob at the newsgroups so couldnt tell you if its any good or not..

giganews are the bomb..

Im on 10mbit with telewest and it maxes my connection has 100 days retention on binaries, unlimited retention on txt, unlimited downloads and up to 10 simultaneos connections..

Its 25 dollars which works out about 12 quid a month.

VaVa
I'm perfectly happy with Newshosting - Works out about £8/month for unllimited use wuth 45 day retention. Uber reliable too.

500bhp Scoob
Just been reading about newshostings retention rate, and people are reporting getting 100+ day retention on the 45 day retention plan...

think I know who i'll go with now :)

Monaco 172 2/468
Me and a mate had huge problems with the combination of Newshosting and NTL, they claimed it was NTL's proxies, we tried all sorts anyway, and whatever we tried the speeds were shocking... although when we started the service we got full 10mb.

Switched to Giganews, and they are perfect :cool: