ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One f**ked Cup

Ad

MK2 FRS

To be fair with that sort of impact, you would naturally get a sore neck/whiplash injury in the majority of cases, hes already said he had a bloody nose and burns from the airbag so he would be fullly justified in making a claim.

lol @ typo:)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

what makes it worse is his nick is fingery.. :eek: :eek:

It is re-assuring to see the clio stand up to a real life test so well..

Ad

MK2 FRS

Hmm strange, It has defintiley stood up well considering. I should clarify that im not a fan of people making flase claims as it does bump up everyone elses insurance. However, in some cases a claim is appropriate when there is genuine injury and significant inconvience.....

mate - so sorry to see that!!!!

Good that you are safe and relatively unscathed. what a pain in the ar*e (and arms and neck). Hope it all turns out well.

martin

VW Potato

i think it is a write off isnt it? The A pillar on the passenger side has warped a bit.

sorry for your grief, mister.

g

What did the Primera look like? What part of it did you hit? Be careful they dont try to claim you were speeding or something.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 24 June 2003

Or upgrade further still to a MK1. Speed, aircon and leather
But longer gearing, less low end grunt and a tendancy to understeer...

Glad youre OK mate. Feel gutted about your car, as everyone knows how much work and effort you put into it. Hope you get a good claim.

Clio v6

Bad news. Hope you are OK and all is sorted swiftly. Let us know if it is a right off and I hope you get a brand new car from the claim.

Mate glad to hear your ok. At the end of the day its only a car! (very nice looking car, but still only a car)

Every cloud has a silver lining.... you can get yourself something new. Looks like the cup has done you proud as you walked away.

My insurance say that if the car is less than 12 months old it is replaced with a new one.

Gwynny. There is only 3 good wheels an one egg shaped one.

Paul, mate, ive been away from the forums for a few days, but have just come back properly to see this! fella im soooo sorry, yours was one of the cups i really admired, and respected all the hard work that was put into it!

But on the good side! hey you get a new one!!!! get aircon ;) or mayb abs? lol

make sure you get those bits out first b4 the insureres take it away!!

oh and what insurers are you with that give u a new car!

Good luck fella!

Ditto DannyBoys comments - the best cup around. Hope youre OK, and that you stick with the cup for your next car. All the best m8

320d M Sport

bad luck mate, that car was looking fine when i saw it too!

Out of interest were all your mods declared? If not have u had any problems?

The car is insured with Renault and they say if its less than 12 months old it will be replaced with a direct replacement.

Car is being picked up on tuesday to go to the bodyshop to be looked at.

Engine does seam ok but the gearbox has dropped its oil.

Have to see what the insurance say but would like another cup. Got to drive round in my dads new 1.2 16v clio for the moment so its not all bad.

All i can say is that car was a tough one. Had the accident monday at 5.30pm and i feel fine no aches or pains. If i had an older car i may still be in hospital.

Have to change my user name to crash test dummy. I give this car a 4 dummies rating:p

Wondered why I hadnt seen you on the way to work lately - Silver 172, normally going the opposite way to you in Abbey Hulton. Also part of the Vauxhall crew going to Santa Pod a couple of Sundays ago on the A50. Did you eventually manage to out-run the white Nova shaped missile in the end, or was it an honourable draw?

for it to be replaced within the first year the estimated costs have to be i think 60/65% of the value of car, so from my experience i would say with the price of the airbags and a near whole front of the car its going to be a new cup for you.....what about a nice iceberg one?

Megane 225 baby! :)

omg, glad that you are okay! would keep an eye on yourself for awhile as my whiplash took a week or so to really develop.

Holy Sheet

sorry to hear mate

though it is good to know youre ok

unfortunately though, looking at the pics it is almost certain to be a write-off

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Hope u did what i did when i crashed and got out and lamped the guy who crashed into me!

I take it your mods were declared Paul, or are you gonna have to strip it before it gets taken away.

Itd be a nightmare if they voided just beacause of a couple of seats etc.

Once I had to stand on the hard shoulder of the motorway, in the rain stripping bits off the car prior to it being towed by insurers.... Never again.

At least the bits will go in your new Cup, barring the one damaged wheel.

Good luck

Oh my god I nearly cried I havent been on the forum for a while, I hope the twit gets what he deserves..Hope your ok.....

Are you getting another? Any plans for the 17"?

God I feel sick, thats such a shame!!!!!!

Scirocco GT TSi DSG

What a waste, what was the guys excuss "didnt see you" more like "wasnt looking", so many idots no longer slow down or stop at junctions or slip roads they just expect everyone else to get out of the way.

Glad you are OK, just hope the new Cup you get is as well made as that one obviously was.

Timebomb, that is ridiculous.

At 50mph, do you REALLY think he had any chance of stopping, ABS or not?

ABS doesnt make you stop quicker or sooner, it stops your wheels locking up.

If you are gunning it at 50mph, and someone comes out in front of you, you have no chance unless you fancy the central reservation.

Also, for the connoisseurs who love the Clio Cup, ABS is a luxury not previously available.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Paul

I have only just seen your pictures and I am so sorry about your car crash, but glad that you are physically OK. Those are really sad pictures and your neighbours must have been shocked to see such a lovely looking car wrecked, as I presume it is parked at your home.

How long had you had it? It cant be very long as the Cup has only been out for a short time.

I hope your insurance company are prompt and sort things out to your satisfaction.

:(