ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One of the many CS MX5's...

Disastra Coupe
Just thought i'd put some more recent pics on here for the fellow mx5 owners/appreciators...

Most recent addition is the splitter, which has made a ton of difference imo :)
Been for a couple of spirited drives this weekend and got to say i love this little car. Not the quickest thing by a long shot but it put's such a smile on my face... But then i've just had a steady drive back from Nottingham tonight and it's been so comfortable too. Loving the fact it's got a standard exhaust and just a filter too. Perfectly quiet when you just want to cruise but induction noise if you put your foot down - best of both worlds! :approve:

8064549003_7613147182.jpg

front by chippen172, on Flickr

8064487792_ca11889cfd_c.jpg

topless by chippen172, on Flickr

8064485397_96afbf32a5_c.jpg

mx5sunny by chippen172, on Flickr

8064485641_e38d6b2db3_c.jpg

mx5lanes by chippen172, on Flickr

8064485911_e891fe8848_c.jpg

eunos by chippen172, on Flickr

And a couple from last weekend with the hardtop:

8038897558_ce7587c4c5_c.jpg

clipmx5 by chippen172, on Flickr

8038893595_4fb6dc7fd8_c.jpg

interior by chippen172, on Flickr

Disastra Coupe
Awesome! Still fancy one at some point.

I'd recommend it! I'll admit, after the first week of ownership i had the slight feeling of 'i've got rid of a really nice Clio for something so old!'... But that lasted a couple of days and ever since then i've not looked back. It really is the most fun car i've owned.

i even like that...for an mx-5 as i usually hate them :eek:

Thanks both :)

Luke, just buy one FFS!!

Splitter makes a ridiculous difference.
It looks fantastic, that. Just goes to show how good they can look with a few choice mods.

Cheers dude :) Few more things to do to it yet, mind. After winter i'm going to see how the rear arches are holding up, they're pretty tidy atm but time will tell!
It'll have a new passenger wing though as it's got an outwards dint somehow before i owned it. The front bumper also has some paint flake, so i'll have both wings and bumper done. Remove the front mudflaps when that get's done too as they hit EVERYTHING!
Ducktail spoiler in satin black and then i'll see where i want to go from there. Wouldn't mind a cage - but everybody seems to be pushing me in the direction of tuning... I don't fancy the costs though!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Awesome! Still fancy one at some point.

Get one. I've not had the slightest inclination to drive anything else in my fleet since I got mine on the road, and it's got literally half the power of everything else. Let my stepdad drive it earlier and he didn't want to turn round and go home

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
Get one. I've not had the slightest inclination to drive anything else in my fleet since I got mine on the road, and it's got literally half the power of everything else. Let my stepdad drive it earlier and he didn't want to turn round and go home

id have to agree.

ive driven mine to work every day since i got it. and im an all weather biker through and through. 80 miles a day. its not comfortable, with my spare set of back tyres it was just dangerous in the wet (back on proper rubber now) its noisy and ive took the stereo out as you cant ever hear it. but. and this is a big but (snigger), its SO much fun.

Listerine & Poledo
I already have one 18 year old car. The gf would kill me if I bought another. Lol.

Then flog the shopping trolley... or the missus....

...or get a non-pauper spec '5? Or is that just not scene enough for you?

Love ya really

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
One of the only CS MX5's that isn't a shed. Hai.

I was looking into getting those wheels as well! But I want less grip so will stick with the ones I have now. Really want that splitter though. May just settle for a bodged Laguna one for now.

Disastra Coupe
Not sure if the downforce question is serious? Lol. If so I think that said it all really.

As for not a shed, it's got it's faults... Few of them! But yea, it's no shed. Definitely one of the most solid ones I've seen :) Thanks for the positives folks!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
iPad didn't like momo and auto corrected.... Genuine momo don't have that ring around the horn and the logo on the horn is different also have momo imprinted on the bottom spoke...

Disastra Coupe
Keen eye there ;) It is... But it's a wheel I had in my Saxo, which then went into a friends Saxo, then went into a friends Civic, then another friends Saxo. All those years and still showing no signs of bending like a spoon. Even tried to make it bend like a spoon.
It's an RMD item :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Lol few of them do bend, the one Driftworks had was a terrible one lol, and ur wheel has been through more hands that kids through jim'l fixit lol

Disastra Coupe
Haha! The Momo button is just out the original wheel. In the Saxo i had an OMP button, but that took a bit of bodgery to make it fit. Love the feel of dished wheels though.

Disastra Coupe
It doesn't matter how 'hard' you make an mx5 look, people will always call it gay lol. But screw 'em! The fun factor makes that mean nothing.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I actually really like the wheels, fake or not. You'd have to be an absolute spastic to go and spend the value of the vehicle again on a set of wheels, just to impress a few folk on the internet.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
TE37's in that size aren't even that much more though! lol.

People just buy Rotas by default now.

Disastra Coupe
Yea, the wheels are always going to be a bit of an issue for some people - but i'm happy with them so i'll let people think what they like :)

And thanks!

Keep an eye out around Manchester on Monday and you might spot it, Chris.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm the same.

In a perfect world I'd get super cool rare JDM wheels, but seeing as it would equal the value of the car in most cases, and make me weep if slid into a kerb with them, I see Rotas as a not overly-shameful option. One which I will mostly take in the coming weeks.

Yea, the wheels are always going to be a bit of an issue for some people - but i'm happy with them so i'll let people think what they like :)

And thanks!

Keep an eye out around Manchester on Monday and you might spot it, Chris.

Come for a meet at KK's on Trafford park, I'm sure some of us will be around!