ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

I've never known anyone to max out the date allowance so I'd not worry about it.

My mate got a warning off 02 to say he had downloaded in excess of 500mb in a few weeks and any further usage would be charged.

Question: is 3.0.1 jailbreakable yet and if so can someone link it

Fiat Panda 100hp

My mate got a warning off 02 to say he had downloaded in excess of 500mb in a few weeks and any further usage would be charged.

Question: is 3.0.1 jailbreakable yet and if so can someone link it

hey thanks for info.

Yes it can be, follow flow chart

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2311

any questions just ask.

Forgot to mention, to jailbreak it you have to reverse it back to 3.0 but when you have jailbroken and resync it with itunes it will update again.

Last edited:
  Scirocco 2.0 tsi

hey thanks for info.

Yes it can be, follow flow chart

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=2311

any questions just ask.

Forgot to mention, to jailbreak it you have to reverse it back to 3.0 but when you have jailbroken and resync it with itunes it will update again.

So you revert back to 3.0, jailbreak and then update to 3.1 and it stays jailbroken? I read some people had updated and lost the jb. How do you go back to an earlier OS version? This isn't for me I've already jbed mine on 3.0 but got 3 mates who want to do there's but are on 3.1

Citroen DS3 DSport

If I was him I would phone o2 and question them about that as I know of people who use it much more than that without any warning. Has he been tethering his iPhone as that could cause o2 to warn him?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

If I was him I would phone o2 and question them about that as I know of people who use it much more than that without any warning. Has he been tethering his iPhone as that could cause o2 to warn him?

No he doesn't tether. You have to remember, 500mb is tonnes for web browsing on the iPhone which is all your gonna do really. Your not gonna use o2 Internet to download apps etc and when using the wifi that doesn't use o2 internet.

Can someone help with my jailbreak query above please

Citroen DS3 DSport

500mb is more than enough for me, I'm lucky to use more than 250mb per month with email and web browsing.

Fiat Panda 100hp

So you revert back to 3.0, jailbreak and then update to 3.1 and it stays jailbroken? I read some people had updated and lost the jb. How do you go back to an earlier OS version? This isn't for me I've already jbed mine on 3.0 but got 3 mates who want to do there's but are on 3.1

Follow the flow chart mate, it's all there. The earlier OS is there to download too. Once you've done it itunes doesn't know any different and it updates it to 3.0.1.

182 Cup

Is the new upgrade much different? Heard some talk of frequent crashes etc

Question, browsing through CS on the iPhone, if someone posts up a youtube video (embedded) will this play just like on a PC, or would you have to follow a link etc?

Ah ok, but then you can watch them and it works etc? BB Storm user, so nothing currently works remotely how it should!

Fiat Panda 100hp

Yeah works well mate, click the link watch it and when your finished press done and it goes back to the forum.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Anyone got a direct download link to the redsn0w version for use with a MAC? stupid noob mate has a mac, but the only one on iclarrified is a bittorrent for the mac version.

Cupra

thats an old version. Latest one is 0.8.

I uploaded it to rapidshare.. as I am feeling helpful this evening.

Here

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

bit pissed off to be honest, i upgraded to 3.0.1 like people in here said i could and it wiped the jailbreak off my phone and the backup i made beforehand will not give me my jailbroken settings back so i've lost all my theme/apps etc.

I rejailbroke and it wouldn't show up apps i downloaded off cydia so i went to reset to factory settings and it just hangs at the apple logo with the little loading circle thingbelow it but the circle thing doesn't go round it just stays there, then the battery goes dead and it charges up a little bit before starting the whole process all over again.

What am i meant to do now?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

bit pissed off to be honest, i upgraded to 3.0.1 like people in here said i could and it wiped the jailbreak off my phone and the backup i made beforehand will not give me my jailbroken settings back so i've lost all my theme/apps etc.

I rejailbroke and it wouldn't show up apps i downloaded off cydia so i went to reset to factory settings and it just hangs at the apple logo with the little loading circle thingbelow it but the circle thing doesn't go round it just stays there, then the battery goes dead and it charges up a little bit before starting the whole process all over again.

What am i meant to do now?

PWNT! tbh.

Just stick it in restore mode and restore.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Yours working ok now?

Barge

Yep, it went straight back to normal. Mint.

H'actual genius.

I'm still lol'ing at expecting an Apple upgrade to re-jailbreak your phone.

Genius.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Indeed. Silly Billy.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I'm still lol'ing at expecting an Apple upgrade to re-jailbreak your phone.

Genius.

Sorry, what?

Not an apple upgrade, a BACKUP of my jailbroken phone. Not my fault f**kwits on this forum decided to tell me it was safe to upgrade to 3.0.1 and it wouldn't unjailbreak, i'm new to iphones how was i meant to know any different.

Can i upgrade to 3.0.1 through itunes, then jailbreak with redsn0w, will that work? or do i just stick with 3.0?

I swear posts like this just show that if you mess with a phone, it f***s up :S

(Not aimed as an argument)

I swear posts like this just show that if you mess with a phone, it f**ks up :S

(Not aimed as an argument)

Bunkum. My old 2G started out on 1.0.2, which was before most of you had ever even seen an iPhone. It's been upgraded through every version to 3.0 and ulocked and jailbroken every time with ease. You just have to be sensible, research, and actually follow the exact proper steps. It's really quite easy since someone else has already done all the hard work. Can't be arsed to unlock my 3GS as there's no need (yet).

As Roy says.

If you know what you're doing it's fine. Just don't take the word of some random. Do your own research.

Good. Well mine will be unlocked and running 3.0 on a 3G.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sorry, what?

Not an apple upgrade, a BACKUP of my jailbroken phone. Not my fault f**kwits on this forum decided to tell me it was safe to upgrade to 3.0.1 and it wouldn't unjailbreak, i'm new to iphones how was i meant to know any different.

Can i upgrade to 3.0.1 through itunes, then jailbreak with redsn0w, will that work? or do i just stick with 3.0?

Fuckwits? Don't expect me to help you.

Knobhead.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Wasn't even referring to you tom as you weren't one of the people who told me i could upgrade.

I didn't tell you that either.

The jailbreaks are always done using a "backdoor" so then Apple will always try and close it when they realise a new firmware. Sometimes it takes hours to open it up again, sometimes days. The Dev Team will get there.

So when you put 3.0.1 on, it's effectively like starting again. iTunes will remember nothing about your jailbreak, if it did, you'd be in s**t anyway! lol..

Sometimes you just have to juggle the worth of upgrading vs the hassle re-doing everything. It's okay when all your normal apps come back, but having to re-download all the cydia ones individually can get tedious.

It's best to wait until they release an unlock for it, before you upgrade. Or you can just go back to 3.0.

Dan/Tom, as above mine will be running 3.0 when I get it + be unlocked. If I want/need to upgrade to future releases will it stay unlocked or will I have to unlock it every time I update it?

Also (yes I know it's long winded) will I need an O2 sim to update it? Someone said something about needing an active O2 sim to activate the phone everytime you change something like this :S

edit; talking 3G, not s.

It won't stay unlocked or jailbroken each time you upgrade. You'll have to do it again. I've always had to, at least.

The SIM, no. IME the jailbreak activates the phone so no need for an O2 SIM.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Dan/Tom, as above mine will be running 3.0 when I get it + be unlocked. If I want/need to upgrade to future releases will it stay unlocked or will I have to unlock it every time I update it?

Also (yes I know it's long winded) will I need an O2 sim to update it? Someone said something about needing an active O2 sim to activate the phone everytime you change something like this :S

edit; talking 3G, not s.

The unlock is not permanent.

Basically when the phone starts up a line of code will start the phone hardware up yellowsnow/ultrasnow interupts this code and inserts its own at this point. If the phone wasn't jail broken, the hack can't execute.

So upgrading is a very bad idea, its also a pain in the arse because there still isnt a permanent unlock solution (Like the iPhone has) for the 3G/S's

Also if you didnt know already, Hacktivating phones (Using the jailbreak to activate them) disables push notifications which is a f**king pain. There is a solution, but it requires someone elses activation files and you end up getting other peoples notifications.

Basically it will be increasingly difficult to own an iphone thats not running on its purchased network

Last edited: