ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Nik fixed it, no idea what the f**k i did.

LOL at the BBers moaning.

Tom have you broken the 'Forum Jump Option' which appears at the bottom of open threads? Previously pressing OK would always return me to the section I had been browsing and now it takes me to the User Control Panel?

EDIT:

It looks like the problem is that this new section is not an option within that menu so it defaults to UCP instead.

182 Cup
Hats off to Apple, went in tonight without an appointment about my phones problem, I was seen in 10 minutes and 2 mins later walked out with a new replacement.

CMR

A ROFLCOPTER
What was the problem it had?

Im going to be taking mine back shortly as the battery life just isnt right

182 Cup
The o2 sim provided wouldnt work, kept saying no sim installed. The amusing thing is, it wont work in the new one either! Only use it for the free 3g so I dont run up a huge bill on my vodafone sim, so new phone, and i'll call into o2 for a new sim tomorrow.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
I might have to take mine back. Battery can be on 25% and then next time I look be on 28% and sometimes can be on 12% and next second without using go to 2%. Pain in the ass

a burnt one
Just a quicky, i can't get online unless im using wi-fi, i thought if it wasn't using wi-fi it would automatically switch to 3G?

Do i have to enable 3G or something?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
I've heard from a couple of people now that they know someone who has had a huge bill for internet use on their iphone, is this just myth or something we need to be aware of?

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
My data/3g didn't work when I first used my phone, I'm on o2 simplicity, I just had to change the APN address in the network setting as the default is for an iphone contract.

I've heard from a couple of people now that they know someone who has had a huge bill for internet use on their iphone, is this just myth or something we need to be aware of?

I'd like to know this also, obviously wi-fi is free but what about 3G (if i get it working)?

No problem in the UK if your on the o2 tariff with unlimited data (ie check your plan). If you take it abroad you need to make sure data roaming is off (its set to off by default).

Data roaming used abroad cost a lot of £7.05 per mb. Hence quite a few people have been caught out, especially when early phones had data roaming set as on by default.

Off the o2 website:

"To avoid what could be a nasty surprise when you return from abroad you may prefer to switch off Data Roaming. To do this go to “Settings” on your iPhone, select “General” then “Network” and simply slide “Data Roaming” to off."

Fiat Panda 100hp

Install an app called 'allowance' if your paranoid about it. Tells you how many mins and text you have left as well as how much your spend over your tariff price i.e 0845 numbers etc.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
That update screwed my internet up, but all it had done was changed the APN address back to the default, just had to change it back again.

Thanks for the tips on useage, I'll get that allowance app.

I know this has been answered but can't for the life of me find it in here.

How do you get a percentage on the battery icon? 3G j/b'en.

Cheers.

Nothing there Dan :S (sorry about the PM :))

It says time since last full charge;

Usage -
Standby -

With just a line there, where all others are figures and information (call time 3 mins etc)

Bumder With A Buffer
Nice little edit ;)

No worries chap, sorted now, thanks for the suggestions :)

You got me thinking now...as I have the battery percent showing on mine but cant find WTF I have installed to get that :eek:!!!

Edit SBS settings!!! "Numeric Battery" no need for other things to be installed

Lol, Matt, haven't stopped playing with it!! Hope you got the iTrader :)

Downloading SBSettings now having read a couple of reviews/guides.

Bumder With A Buffer
What are you installing it with?? and what are you installing/downloading??

If you have installed SBS settings then I would remove AS Battery.

Only because SBS settings can do it and it seem silly to have 2 programs donwloaded to do the same thing (if you see what I mean??!!)

Cheers Richy, got rid.

After some very kind help from Sneeks on here I am booked in tomorrow evening and know what I am doing with possible replacement at the Genius bar. But have suddenly had a doubt (mainly due to the fact that I have to restore my iPhone to standard before I go tomorrow); are Apple going to replace an iPhone that has a cm crack on the back where the charger sits? It is the classic hairline crack up the back but it is only small. I don't want to get there and find out I have wiped it for no good reason!!

Just another thing, maybe things like this could be put in a sticky somewhere, but this is the entry required for MMS on Vodafone;

Settings>General>Network>Cellular Data Network>

APN: wap.vodafone.co.uk
Username: wap
Password: wap
MMSC: http://mms.vodafone.co.uk/servlets/mms/
MMS Proxy: 212.183.137.012:8799
MMS Max Message Size: (blank)
MMS UA Prof URL: (blank)