ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

me too. having the passcode lock on was the only way.. and tbh it annoyed the hell out of me

SLK 350

Passcode lock is essential tbqfh. Although I'm speaking as a business user, but I can't imagine not having some level of security on my phone (or any device I own).

fiesta 1.25

its too much effort though ^

Is there anyway to stop it from turning on its side when im txting?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Has anyone got the sky plus remote record app working ok? Its pissing me right off, i have had it ages and never got it to work.

Just had another go now, username and password match that on sky, the right number is registered (tried using 07 and +44 etc)

All i ever get is "this account is not set up for remote recording"

I give up

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Has anyone got the sky plus remote record app working ok? Its pissing me right off, i have had it ages and never got it to work.

Just had another go now, username and password match that on sky, the right number is registered (tried using 07 and +44 etc)

All i ever get is "this account is not set up for remote recording"

I give up

I had it working, but they released an update and it wiped the username and passsword, and I can't be arsed to figure it out again.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Any fan boys stood in a queue?

It's almost worth taking the day off to go down the the o2 stores to laugh and mock them in the queue. lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL im picking mine up later, no rush.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

LOL im picking mine up later, no rush.

Still, it'd be funny if there's a queue and you roll up and a pick it straight up! Riot? However, if there was a riot, at least you'd be able to record it on video! lol

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

I'm hoping so!

Knowing my luck i'll fail the credit check.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I'm going with my theory that there will be no big queues this time, especially in my hometown (chester). Its not exactly a big town but for some reason we have 2 O2 stores and 2 CPW's so i'm bound to get one somewhere.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

decided I am getting one when my contract is up next month. Think I will get the 16gb on a 24 month contract. Havent decided on black or white though

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I just couldn't bring myself to sign a 24 month phone contract, 18 months is taking the piss these days imo.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm hoping so!

Knowing my luck i'll fail the credit check.

Are you going with a o2 contract this time Tom? Not interested in waiting for a unlock and buying the payg option?

Will the o2 stores have plenty stock? Or will they be sold out if I go in later on?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

I just couldn't bring myself to sign a 24 month phone contract, 18 months is taking the piss these days imo.

I wouldn't usually, but I may do with the iPhone as it has propper software updates unlike any other phone, so next june there will no doubt be another to bring it near the same spec as the next they bring out, which imo irradicates the fear of "OMG Im stuck with this phone for 2 years!!!" lol, there's always selling it once you want something else aswel, then using the money + abit of your own money to buy the newest or w/e phone you want. an extra 6 months doesn't make much difference really.

Revels Mum & Sister

Justin, O2 said on their Twitter they would have enough stock.. If that is true or not I have no idea.

I've lost my PIN for my credit card!:dapprove:

Reckon they'll let me sign if I prove it's mine?:eek:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I wouldn't usually, but I may do with the iPhone as it has propper software updates unlike any other phone, so next june there will no doubt be another to bring it near the same spec as the next they bring out, which imo irradicates the fear of "OMG Im stuck with this phone for 2 years!!!" lol, there's always selling it once you want something else aswel, then using the money + abit of your own money to buy the newest or w/e phone you want. an extra 6 months doesn't make much difference really.

I'd expect next years phone to be a much bigger step in technology than this years step.

3.0 is highly disappointing as an software update, even more so in that most of the 3GS features have been deliberately removed from the 2G and 3G to make the 3GS look more attractive. Don't get me wrong, I'd have one tomorrow, but barring a speed bump and compass, I already own that phone.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I've lost my PIN for my credit card!:dapprove:

Reckon they'll let me sign if I prove it's mine?:eek:

Drastic, but you could always damage your chip on the card. lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

its too much effort though ^

Is there anyway to stop it from turning on its side when im txting?

Nope. It's amusing, everybody wanted it and now they realise it's annoying as f**k!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

I'd expect next years phone to be a much bigger step in technology than this years step.

3.0 is highly disappointing as an software update, even more so in that most of the 3GS features have been deliberately removed from the 2G and 3G to make the 3GS look more attractive. Don't get me wrong, I'd have one tomorrow, but barring a speed bump and compass, I already own that phone.

this is true, butttt I currently own a tocco, so it's a big step up for me :D

Clio 197 F1

If you buy a iPhone on PAYG from the store are you able to return it within say 14 days for and exchange?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Oh, and another thing. I have loads of Apps and stuff on my iPod Touch. How will I get them from that onto the iPhone should I pur-chase today?

Also, I have about 30 movie files (MP4 format) in an App called Folders (a password protection App). How will I get those from the Touch to the iPhone?

Ta.

Slightly off topic, has anyone ever bought/rented a film from iTunes?

182 RB FF

Oh, and another thing. I have loads of Apps and stuff on my iPod Touch. How will I get them from that onto the iPhone should I pur-chase today?

Also, I have about 30 movie files (MP4 format) in an App called Folders (a password protection App). How will I get those from the Touch to the iPhone?

Ta.

Are they on your PC/Mac at the minute Scutch!

I wonder how far Revels is in the que right now! lol

182, turbo rx8, 911

Just setting up now - 02 shop is right next to the OH house :)

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

ARGHHHH can't wait to finish work. Have seen that carphone warehouse don't do buy outs? So I'm going to reduce my current contract as much as possible, then give it to the GF as a birthday present (LOL) then get the 3G on £45 contract, probably 24 month one, not decieded yet!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Ta.

Are they on your PC/Mac at the minute Scutch!

No. They are Apps and video files, so all on my iPod Touch. Can't I somehow transfer them?!