ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

More questions - sorry.

Can you get the iphone to alert you with audio ( like a text message sound ) when you get a mysace/facebook message? how?

Can you set up the iphone so that messages to myspace/facebook just show in myspace/facebook not messages? how?

Thanks

Oh one last one , how do you make the email in notification louder?

Mr2 Roadster

Leopard Theme with Blackened Bars and Transparent Dock:

screenie.gif

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Thats a snow leopard theme

Mr2 Roadster

Good news is upon us!

"Good news...ultrasn0w is compatible with PIN-locked sims"

Not long now!

Tesla MP3 2021

Anyone know the best places for iPhone insurance?

Just cancelled my o2 contract insurance as its now invalid with the 3GS.

Thinking about getting Natwest Advantage Gold as it covers iPhones as well as other benefits but is £12.95 a month.

Why is it in valid. Do you mean have to upgrade the O2 Insure Premier Plus which is £10 per month from £7.50

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3

Don't worry about scratching the screen. It is a rather tough bit of kit. Will take plenty of punishment with keys etc hitting it without scratching. It is actually made out of glass and not cheap plastic so very resistant to scratching.

The back however is a different matter. That will scratch quite easily. But you can get covers which protect it which looks like screen protectors. All you need. Mine sits in my pocket and has done for 12 months now with my keys etc. Looks brand new still.

I would definately get a case, i have this time as the screen on my 3g was scratched to hell from being in my pocket.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

They work well, iPrefer the InCase slider power.

Clio 197 F1

Just bought my 3GS this afternoon (Black 16gb). Up to now I'm loving it, so much faster than the 3G.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I'm still getting used to mine, as I haven't had an iPhone before, only an iPod Touch. So I'm pretty at home with the features but still working out the phone etc. Seems ace, though :cool:

Only thing that disappointed me was the lack of flash on the camera, which was a pain the other night when I was taking pictures in a dimly lit restaurant. Still, everything else makes up for that. I'm sure the next iPhone will upgrade the camera.

Only just noticed but if you've got the camera on, the little focus box.. If you touch somewhere else on the screen thats where it will focus..

Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Right I've decided to to manually manage my music because I have more than the phone can hold.

I've made a couple ringtones because I can't stand the default ones. When I tick the "sync ringtones" box it tells me it's going to delete all my music. WTF is that? Why does it want to delete my music?

Clio 172 Mk2

hey all

just a quick question so i don't have to trawl through this whole post. If i get a 12 month o2 simplicity simcard with the free unlimited web bolt on, is it fully unlimited internet usage like the iphone contracts or is it limited to 200mb?

thanks in advance

Better than yours. C*nt.

white 16G 24months = win tbh!

White 16GB for 24months = fail. Your contract is waaaaaaay too long, and you went for the cheap one.

They should only put white on the 32GB ones, to distinguish us from you paupers. ;)

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

I know it's hard to predict but what are the chances of a new iphone coming out next summer?

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

To S or not to S? I think i'll go for it.... possibly.

Better than yours. C*nt.

If you've got a 3G, then I'd say maybe it's worth waiting depending how old it is. If you're on a 2G, go for it. It's light years ahead.

Barge

I just showed a woman in my office the voice activation... She was sooooo excited she almost wet herself! Now the calls you may expect, but when I cracked out... "Play music" and Black Eyed Peas came on that was it, she practically came!

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti

White 16GB for 24months = fail. Your contract is waaaaaaay too long, and you went for the cheap one.

They should only put white on the 32GB ones, to distinguish us from you paupers. ;)

thing is though the majority of contracts are 24 months now. And I went for the cheap one because Im off on holiday on saturday and its my gf's birthday on friday so I have like no money! I'd rather have a 24 month contract, hold onto it the full 24 months, then get the new iphone of the time, which I'm guessing will of just come out (as they always come out the same time every year), than have my contract run out in december, and have to get another mid way between the old one and the new one coming out. then I'd want the new one in june! so I have my reasons, and if the burning desire to get a new one comes when the next comes out, I'll just sell mine and get the new one...no biggy!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

If you've got a 3G, then I'd say maybe it's worth waiting depending how old it is. If you're on a 2G, go for it. It's light years ahead.
I've got the 3g ATM so not 100% sure, i think i'm just delaying the inevitable.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

I just showed a woman in my office the voice activation... She was sooooo excited she almost wet herself! Now the calls you may expect, but when I cracked out... "Play music" and Black Eyed Peas came on that was it, she practically came!
WTF i didn't know it had voice activation?! How does it work? Hit and miss?

Barge

WTF i didn't know it had voice activation?! How does it work? Hit and miss?

Works everytime for me.

Press the centre button and hold it and it'll pop up... Say "Play music" - clearly, or "Call Sarah", etc. And it'll start away. It's f*cking mint!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

If I get the 16gb on a 24 month contract for free, can i drop the tariff after 9 months like on an 18 month contract?

Ive resisted upgrading so far, but I keep finding myself back looking at this thread seeing how people are getting on with it!

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

Works everytime for me.

Press the centre button and hold it and it'll pop up... Say "Play music" - clearly, or "Call Sarah", etc. And it'll start away. It's f*cking mint!
Bummer, i'm still with the normal 3g :(

Facelift R53 Cooper S

i'm loving it tbh!

alot of pa lava getting hold of one friday morning but i won in the end :D

what cases you all running, or are you being brave and running it naked?

if i drop it i think i may have to kill myself! lol