ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

TBH i dont care.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

You just suggested a non apple dock?

Iceburg 172FF

Anyone know of any itunes alternative that work with 3.0 OS? Was using media monkey to manage my music but since the 3.0 update it wont write to the iphone only read from it. If there isnt any, looks like ill be downgrading to 2.2 or whatever it was.

E87 118d M Sport

"In a nutshell: The iPhone 3G S is easily the best iPhone ever"

couldnt agree more!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

picture-115.png

"In a nutshell: The iPhone 3G S is easily the best iPhone ever"

Except basic services are missing. Ie

Screen/sound notifications are missing from the Facebook/Myspace/Yahoo-msg Apps. ( it does let you know via Mail )

Can not make different catagorys for your contacts

Thats two over sight's ive noticed and i'm still setting it up!

+ no unlimited text bolt on ( at any price ) is rude.

Apart from that it's a great toy.....I mean phone.:eek:

Push might come for facebook. I don't know if there is a myspace app.

I'm sure you can make groups. You certainly can with mobile me, so they should transfer.

SchwepTek™

Push might come for facebook. I don't know if there is a myspace app.

I'm sure you can make groups. You certainly can with mobile me, so they should transfer.

Yep there is a myspace app although havent used it.

And yep defo make groups.

Citroen DS3 DSport

That list convinces me that I do not need a 3GS. I'll await this time next year instead.

DC5

I am thinking of getting an iPhone, but I want to keep my T Mobile Sim as the tarrif is too good to throw away. Is it possible to get the T Mobile sim to work in the iPhone some how? I have tried it in my mates and it doesn't work as standard. Is there something I can do?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

Am I right in thinking I can no use an Iphone as a data "dongle" for my laptop to go on the net?

Anyone got anymore info on it?

Tappd'd RS

Groups do transfer over from a Mac's Address Book via MobileMe - that's what I use.

As im lazy and dont want to sift through pages of chat.

Am i right in thinking the 3.0 software hasnt been jailbroken and unlocked yet.

I want to upgrade my current phone to 3.0, but need it to work on Voda ;)

Monaco 53/468

Right, sorry back pedal but I'm no iPhone genius

I'm desperate to upgrade to the new 3.0 software on my iPhone 3G

It is currently jailbroken and unlocked (to use on three network) using yellowsn0w

Can I safely upgrade via iTunes and use Redsn0w? only this bit on the Dev Blog is bugging me....

1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
Please help!

Mr2 Roadster

Right, sorry back pedal but I'm no iPhone genius

I'm desperate to upgrade to the new 3.0 software on my iPhone 3G

It is currently jailbroken and unlocked (to use on three network) using yellowsn0w

Can I safely upgrade via iTunes and use Redsn0w? only this bit on the Dev Blog is bugging me....

1. GOLDEN RULE: If you are using a 3G iPhone with yellowsn0w and rely on yellowsn0w to obtain cellular service, then you should NOT use redsn0w right now. Ultrasn0w (the 3G carrier unlock) is not included with this release and therefore your baseband will be locked and unable to use an operator other than the official one it was bought for. UltraSn0w will be released via APT (cydia and icy) soon. If you have an original iPhone (1st generation) then 3.0 carrier unlock works with this redsn0w release.
Please help!

Not yet, we are all still waiting!

Maybe tonight!

Quote:

"stage1 gets rid of the limit on size of payload (us is big), stage2 gets rid of limitation on characters that can be used"

And:

"Yay, stage2 is done. So, now we can execute arbitrary payloads with one AT command again. Now to stuff ultrasn0w into this and test."

I knew to the iphone hacking etc.. and looking to buy one but it'll have to be unlocked as i have a Vodafone sim and jailbroke as i want other apps.
From my readings, if i buy a 3g iphone from someone which has updated it to 3.0 then it'll still be unlockable once Ultrasnow comes out? No matter the baseband etc?

What does Ultrasnow acheive? just a sim unlock or does it jailbrake it?

Mr2 Roadster

I knew to the iphone hacking etc.. and looking to buy one but it'll have to be unlocked as i have a Vodafone sim and jailbroke as i want other apps.
From my readings, if i buy a 3g iphone from someone which has updated it to 3.0 then it'll still be unlockable once Ultrasnow comes out? No matter the baseband etc?

What does Ultrasnow acheive? just a sim unlock or does it jailbrake it?

You have to jailbreak it and then you can install Ultra Sn0w with the installer package you get from jailbreaking called Cydia or ICY.

Hope that's clear.

Mk2 Clio dci

I jailbroke my o2 3G with red sn0w, working all ok etc. Don't do it though if you're using yellow sn0w at the mo, ultrasn0w being released soon!

You have to jailbreak it and then you can install Ultra Sn0w with the installer package you get from jailbreaking called Cydia or ICY.

Hope that's clear.

Cheers yeah.
Just done some more research. Jailbrake 3.0 with Redsn0w and install cydia at the same time meaning i can now running various apps on the phone.

Ultrasn0w will be used for unlocking the sim, right?

As i asked - does it not matter what baseband the phone is on now. Now that the phone is on 3.0?

Mr2 Roadster

Cheers yeah.
Just done some more research. Jailbrake 3.0 with Redsn0w and install cydia at the same time meaning i can now running various apps on the phone.

Ultrasn0w will be used for unlocking the sim, right?

As i asked - does it not matter what baseband the phone is on now. Now that the phone is on 3.0?

No, not a problem!

Mr2 Roadster

More news:

ultrasn0w is finally in the new loader, after some regexp fails in the python testbed that I use to load the loader. Now testing...