ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

E87 118d M Sport
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

ZOMG, the white incipio feather has arrived and i couldnt be more impressed. honestly!!
here are some pics as i know a few people are after some close ups (this is as close as i could get reali)

SNV83091.jpg

SNV83092.jpg

SNV83101.jpg

SNV83099.jpg

SNV83102.jpg

Nike Lunar Elite's

I'm getting closer, managed to JB it this time but lost all my contacts, apps, etc.

iTunes detects it as a new iPhone so I'll restore and retry.

(I received a text whilst I was doing the initial restore which I presume has caused the issue)

Nike Lunar Elite's

Sorted, did the restore and everything is back plus its still JB'd (I presume as I've still got Cydia on the home screen).

Citroen DS3 DSport

ZOMG, the white incipio feather has arrived and i couldnt be more impressed. honestly!!
here are some pics as i know a few people are after some close ups (this is as close as i could get reali

That's looking great. My own white feather case did not arrive today and I'm now away all weekend :(

That's the best case I've seen.

I might get it and then cut a hole so I can still see the fruit :eek:

lol, right another noob question just followed that vid, once I open cydia I'm guessing I select user rather than hacker or dev?

I take it you mean the method in the link you posted? If so I didn't even look at that link and I should have removed it from my quote.

I did! lol, any recommendations what I should download now mines jailbroken?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

cycorder, winterboard, sbsettings

Washington

ClioSport Club Member

Just jailbroken my 3GS :D I've missed sbsettings and Five Icon Dock. Pity lots of apps (inc Winterboard) don't work.

?

Just set up microsoft exhange with a fresh google contacts account (for just my contacts) its amazing! Editted all my contacts VERY quickly 100000x better than before! On the fly over-the-air updates are amazing too!

Like mobileme but free!

Nike Lunar Elite's

Can anyone recommend any Winterboard themes that are fully 3.0 compliant?

I really like the look of ChocoMilk but, as you can see, the messages and App Store icons don't change >

photo.jpg

?

^That theme looks good, can you have it without the icons? (ie keep original icons?)

Rav4

as you have it working, would you care to inform me what steps you took or point me in the right direction as how YOU carried this out?

Also, are you using o2 or another operator?

Just jailbroken my 3GS :D I've missed sbsettings and Five Icon Dock. Pity lots of apps (inc Winterboard) don't work.

Washington

ClioSport Club Member

as you have it working, would you care to inform me what steps you took or point me in the right direction as how YOU carried this out?

Dead simple, there's a guide here with screenshots. Basically you plug your iPhone in, run the exe, when that's completed you run the app it places on your SpringBoard called Freeze which downloads and installs Cydia. If Cydia doesn't appear then restart your iPhone and it should be there.

Couple of problems with it though.

- It's a beta, it's not a perfect jailbreak
- Windows XP only. Doesn't work on Vista or 7 and there's no OS X version.
- Can crash/hang on during the jailbreak process (it's plugged in your PC in recovery mode). Usually you just need to reboot but occasionally you might end up having to completely restore your phone, make sure you make a backup first.
- As mentioned a number of apps don't work. If you install one of them your phone will shut down and restart in Safemode. There's no hassle, just go into Cydia and remove the app through the Manage tab.

If you're not completely sure you might want to hold on. I've heard there may be an update to purplera1n on Monday and dev-team are bound to end up releasing their jailbreak soon.

I'm on O2.

I'd avoid it for now. Purplera1n isn't the most stable/reliable and the dev team will have something soon..

Nike Lunar Elite's

Sorted >

ddffc843.jpg

Now I've installed MultiBar Lockscreen, does anyone knwo how to get rid of the 'standard' time >

048a0254.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

What background is that? Leopard?

Running a similar one on mine.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

That app looks pretty sweet mate! Is it that accurate that you can use it at work tho?

Yep, same company that does some of the electronic charts used already. But hugely cheaper.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

I'm all ready with T-Mobile on the friends and family rate as my mate works there. I'm thinking of getting the iphone what deals are there just for the 3G on a 24 month contract, how does it work for text / calls and the price for the phone it self?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Buy the phone on ebay and stay on tmob.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Hi all, I have an iPhone 3G on 02, With 600minutes and an unlimited text bolt on and i pay £42.50 a month. I'm going to magaluf in a few hours, Can anyone tell me how much it will cost meto send a regular text and phone call? Can't really make it out on the 02 Site?

Will my unlimited text bolt on cover anything?

thanks

Citroen DS3 DSport

My white Incipio Feather case arrived on Saturday and it is excellent, best case I've ever owned for the iPhone.

SLK 350

Really don't see the point in wrapping it in a case. Unless it's to stop it sliding out of your pocket, which can happen easy enough.

Screen doesn't need protecting at all.

My new 3GS is arriving today, actually couldn't give a monkeys about it!

Citroen DS3 DSport

The screen is not covered with the Feather case and it also adds very little to the overall size of the phone but has a better feel and is less slippery than the iPhone plastic casing.

I still wish Apple had changed the chrome bezel for something less scratch prone.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I see Purplera1n has a OSX version of the jailbreak available now. I may try it on my 3GS tonight.