ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

That's true but I like the idea of only having to setup one device whenever I go into my car. The cradle will also be handy for keeping my iPhone on charge when the PocketGPS speed camera app is released into the app store.

Barge

I've announced to the office it's awesomeness. I can't work for the excitement!

BMW F31

[youtube]YskygegTjAU[/youtube]

wonder how much the maps app and the charger accessory will be, quite tempted to shift my tomtom go 720 and purchase this for an all in one solution tbh.

Revels Mum & Sister

I need to stop watching the Video for the new iPhone. Making me want and I do not need.

Reckon I might dust of the other iPhone 3G sat in my draw not being used at work when OS V3.0 comes out and see how it handles email agaisnt the Blackberry!

There was me hoping the 's' might stand for small, no such luck there.

iPhone 3GS 16GB Black. 19th June. Camping outside an o2 shop wearing my custom printed I love Steve Jobs -x- t-shirt. Done.

Citroen DS3 DSport

No early upgrade for existing o2 iPhone owners will have a huge impact on sales of the 3GS handset, I'd imagine most day one 3G owners will not upgrade in January and instead choose to wait 6 more months for the 4th gen iPhone release. This could be very disappointing for Apple.

I doubt very much that they will f**k up their worldwide business model.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member

Probably as they know if they did there would be loads of 3G's for sale on the bay etc, which would reduce the chance of them selling their stock, plus it'd kill the value of them!

Citroen DS3 DSport

Mazuma will give me £200 for my iPhone 3G, I suppose that would cover buying out my contract.

Barge

It's nothing to do with exchange rate, we're still getting an ok-ish rate £/$ it's the fact this country puts higher tax on everything!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Just downloaded the promo vid. Looks neat. Liking the camera features and the video recording, as well as the obvious stuff like copy and paste et al.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55

has anyone tried that texting active to 1010, does it work? i kept trying but got message back saying call customer services as it doesn't appear to be working???

whats 02's number?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

has anyone tried that texting active to 1010, does it work? i kept trying but got message back saying call customer services as it doesn't appear to be working???

whats 02's number?

Are you running v3 on a 3g iphone?

Revels Mum & Sister

It's nothing to do with exchange rate, we're still getting an ok-ish rate £/$ it's the fact this country puts higher tax on everything!

Yep not to mention they need CE Certification for this country and Europe as well as FCC Approval. That costs extra £££

Revels Mum & Sister

Is there anyway to 'Obtain' the OS V3.0 from other sources or do you have to pay the $99 for the Developer Program? I am surprised someone has not Distributed it.

Citroen DS3 DSport

You need to have your phone registered on a developer account or the 3.0 firmware will brick it.

Revels Mum & Sister

Ahh I see that would explain it then.

Not long to wait.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Indeed, does the GM require activation?

Thanks btw, worked a treat.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

02 are c**ts... fact! kinda wish i had gone through cpwh and taken their insurance that i could cancel the contract anytime after 6 months... could then do this a whole lot easier

^^^ What does he mean by this?

Revels Mum & Sister

Thanks btw, worked a treat.

Well... I been given a link and it seems people are installing it who are NOT part of the Dev Program.

So sick of my Storm, this should be my next purchase I think.

Question though, can you buy out a contract with Voda, get the number ported and start a new one with O2 relatively easily? Presume it's just the cost right?

Revels Mum & Sister

So sick of my Storm, this should be my next purchase I think.

Question though, can you buy out a contract with Voda, get the number ported and start a new one with O2 relatively easily? Presume it's just the cost right?

Yeah mate, porting does take a little while mind.

Yup. No reason not to. My Orange contract is all but over, my 2G has a crack in the screen and I want a proper contract with the 3G etc.

Had they not announced a new one, I'd have bought a 3G but as the new ones coming, I'll get that. In white, h'obviously.

Barge

I are getting sad reading the thread and not being able to haz nao... :(

To make things even worse, I may be abroad on release day. FFS!

:dapprove:

Last edited:
  Citroen DS3 DSport

Not sure if it's free of all developer restrictions or not, they have not made it very clear if the GM build is the same as what will be released on the 17th.