ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

I don't have your new number

You're always online now... putting BeeJive to good use?

Scirocco GT 2.0

I've given in and bought an iPhone.

Should get it this time next week.

to Jailbreak I simply update to 3.0, back it up as is, then use Redsn0w then Ultrasn0w to unlock or have I got the wrong end of the stick somewhere?

Cheers

Last edited:
  BMW F31

I've given in and bought an iPhone.

Should get it this time next week.

to Jailbreak I simply update to 3.0, back it up as is, then use Redst0ne then Ultrast0ne to unlock or have I got the wrong end of the stick somewhere?

Cheers

Redsn0w and ultrasn0w ;)

but basically yeah :)

On friday when i got my MANs black iphone the shop lad told me NO unlimited text bolt on at all accross the iphone range , it started 1st june iirc

He then shown me the extra text tariff

£5 = 100 , £9 = 200 , can't remember = 300 , £16 = 400 , that was it!

Today , ive got on the buisness account and they are doin a " special " unlimited text bolt on if your a big user. TBH , i think it's all a pack of lies , but ive got what i want ( for a fair price ) decent mins + unlimited texts.

1200 mins and 500 texts is gammon , it doesn't balance it's all mins heavy.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

I read a post somewhere where somebody had a response about the iPhone version of TomTom, apparently it doesn't support the lane assist thing.

I just get the feeling that when it finally arrives it's going to be half arsed and highly disappointing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Sooo tempted to buy the navigon...must resist!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Where i work the signal is fine in most places but in the locker room which is in a big metal office block theres no signal and same in the toilets, if someone sends me a text whilst in there, i have no signal therefore do not recieve it, and it sometimes takes 3 or 4 hours for that text to come through once i go back into signal again.

Is there anyway to remedy this?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Where i work the signal is fine in most places but in the locker room which is in a big metal office block theres no signal and same in the toilets, if someone sends me a text whilst in there, i have no signal therefore do not recieve it, and it sometimes takes 3 or 4 hours for that text to come through once i go back into signal again.

Is there anyway to remedy this?

No

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faraday_cage

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

You've misunderstood, the problem is not, the lack of signal, the problem is, the fact it takes 3 or 4 hours to recieve the text message once i'm back in signal.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Send yourself a text.

Or reboot.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

I tried the send myself a text thing as thats what i used to do on my old w810i and it worked fine, but it doesn't seem to work on the iphone.

?

Q. When are we likely to see the first reconditioned iphone 3gs on o2?

Mégane RS
iphone 3gs 02 exchange

Hi guys brought the iphone 3gs last friday in black but i now want it in white lol, will o2 let me swap it over??

Anyone actually used the new Ultrasnow unlock yet? Ive just put it on mine but i put a brand new Orange PAYG sim and it cannot find the network.. Not sure if its the sim or the iphone hasnt been unlocked yet..

Mk2 Clio dci

Can't believe they don't do an unlimited bolt on for texts! How gay! Just got my bill through and its £85 instead of £34 because i went over my limit by 428 texts. Fail on my part tbh... need bolt ons!

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Can't believe they don't do an unlimited bolt on for texts! How gay! Just got my bill through and its £85 instead of £34 because i went over my limit by 428 texts. Fail on my part tbh... need bolt ons!

Hence the reason i didn't buy mine on contract but bought it PAYG and stuck a £20 simplicity sim in it, i get 800 mins/1600 texts a month now, im not likely to go over that. If your near the end of your contract, get on it.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

Hence the reason i didn't buy mine on contract but bought it PAYG and stuck a £20 simplicity sim in it, i get 800 mins/1600 texts a month now, im not likely to go over that. If your near the end of your contract, get on it.
But you don't get any internet on it then do you?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

TomTom really have dropped the ball here, it should have been in the App store for the release of 3.0, every day that it isn't out is a crap load more sales for Navigon, the casual user who just wants to get from A to B is unlikely to rush out and buy TomTom once it eventually makes it onto the app store.

However, I reckon the sygic navigation application is going to piss all over the TomTom effort.

Sits, waits, twiddles thumbs.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've been reading that the Sygic app is very good so I'm also interested to see what price it hits the UK App Store at. Hopefully the TT car mount enhanced gps function will be a accessory compatible with all gps solutions.

The TT build shown at WWDC was apparently very early code and the final release is still been worked on. Not sure how true that is.

I read a couple of reviews on the Navigon system, that were posted to the App store last night. Apparently the mapping is three years old. Think I am going to wait.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I prefer Tele Atlas mapping rather than Navteq as they are always more accurate in the areas I have needed sat nav. Whenever I have used Navteq map products I have always found them to try and send my car through fields etc and Navteq don't even have my home street mapped despite it having been built over 30 years ago.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I've been reading that the Sygic app is very good so I'm also interested to see what price it hits the UK App Store at. Hopefully the TT car mount enhanced gps function will be a accessory compatible with all gps solutions.

The TT build shown at WWDC was apparently very early code and the final release is still been worked on. Not sure how true that is.

I reckon it's about 100% that the TomTom cradle will not work with anything other than TomTom. It's going to have to use the accessory protocol which means unless TomTom disclose the interface to third parties, it's completely proprietry.

What's worrying with TomTom is that if it is early code, what the f**k have they actually been doing for the last 6 months, it should have been a priority getting it into the App store for 3.0 release day.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I prefer Tele Atlas mapping rather than Navteq as they are always more accurate in the areas I have needed sat nav. Whenever I have used Navteq map products I have always found them to try and send my car through fields etc and Navteq don't even have my home street mapped despite it having been built over 30 years ago.

Wonder when google will come to the map party?

Openstreetmap is interesting too.

Open maps is the future.

Thats what i dreaded , i wouldn't be able to relax , i'd be counting my daily text quota.

Either try and get on the buiness , or get that £16 = 400 texts

Monaco 53/468

Ultra snow should be easy, as its done just on the phone :)

Let me know how you get on

That was a piece of pizzle, the jailbreak was the pain in the arse for me

Now I need to get MMS sorted, can't send them on the v3.0 standard sms/mms app, can't download swirlymms, getting pissed off with the iPhone tbh

Got an o2 sim card but need to use my three number as thats the one everyone knows! Technology hey

Any ideas to get MMS working please? OR even how to get swirlymms again?

Monaco 53/468

Anyone actually used the new Ultrasnow unlock yet? Ive just put it on mine but i put a brand new Orange PAYG sim and it cannot find the network.. Not sure if its the sim or the iphone hasnt been unlocked yet..

What exactly have you done? Have you put the ultrasnow repo in AND installed it?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've sold my 3G, looks like I will be buying a 3GS after all.