ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One website to get some pre cleaning products? ironx, tar remover etc.

FF RB 182
I want to get some Iron X, some decent tar remover and some clay bars. Just been on the Car pro website listed above but there out of tar remover stuff... other sites like clean your car etc i found on google don't have one or the other.

Anyone link me to a decent tar remover and clay bar... want to give my car a good going over this weekend and then protect it.

Honda & VW
Until lately I had used i4detailing for years, never had a problem. Get a few tester pots when you spend a certain amount.
If Adams right with the 10% that could be your best bet

FF RB 182
So far in my basket..

Iron X

Tardis

2 Clay bars

Poor boys QD

Wheel brushs

Think that will do for now, i've got a s**t load of poor boys gear and loads of microfibres etc.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Sure is , the list keeps growing the more you learn and want to try other products .

FF RB 182
The bits will be here tomorrow had an email and a text message.

Annoying thing is i don't have a pressure washer/hose.. So normally take it to a local garage with a mate, one of us using pressure washer other uses a mit.. get the worst of it off... then back home either another wash or just QD.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Treat yourself to a hose, I don't have a outside tap so use an adapter on kitchen tap

FF RB 182
Got a tap just no hose. So can get buckets or water or whatever. I'm want to go halfs a pressure washer with my step dad really.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Try asda or B and M if you have one your area, a basic hose won't be much. And you will need it when you get the pressure washer

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I keep waiting for my pressure washer to die so I can get a better one but it keeps on going and going

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Shinerama actually have the biggest stock of any website. They carry so many brands.

Love i4D though. Any Carpro order from them. 7.5 discount and free delivery over £40 iirc.

FF RB 182
arrived today even with free bubble gum good service from them!

Just realised I've got no polish!!!!!

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0081.jpg
    IMAG0081.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 109
  FF RB 182
I used to have some. Being RB though you can't see many swirls and the previous owner polished and cleaned it every few weeks, may just go for a very good decon. as everytime i wash it i have tar spots etc i cant be assed to get off.

Honda & VW
They still doing the Anglo Bubblegum then?

​oh and I'm assuming the Autosol and DJ Sp wasn't part of the delivery?

FF RB 182
Yeah my little sister wanted it, told her to f**k off.

The stuff I had delivered today was the Tardis, Iron X, PB's QD, 2x Clay bars and 2 brush's.

The other lot i've had for years, have to give them a good shake before i use them.

FF RB 182
Had a good day cleaning yesterday cars looking spotless.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?687946-S1MON-s-04-FF-Racing-Blue-Clio-182

Now i need some more shampoo only about 1 or 2 washes left in my bottle of do do juice, what do people recommend for shampoo? That won't strip wax, looking on i4detailing i may just get the same stuff again. Or anything else worth trying?

I also want something to dress the window rubbers etc as they don't look too good, also the scuttle panel and wing mirror cover/panel. Any recommendations please..

Not a 320d
Dodo juice BTBM is the ONLY shampoo sutable for wax finishes. Gwash is also good but not as good as BTBM.

For rubber, I use nano sealants. Thought of investing in a QD like Sonax? That will go over rubber and vynal and s**t

Not a 320d
That was perhaps wrong of me to write that. There are some truly epic shampoos out there.

The reason I rate BTBM so highly is because it leaves nothing behind, it will preserve wax finishes (Carbon for example will go 3-4 washes before the beading even thinks about dropping off slightly where other shampoos will not keep it past about 2 washes) and its ideal for use with nano sealants. I have tried many others but always turn back to BTBM. It also diluted incredibly well, smells good and cleans really well. And lubricates well.

Its all I ever use now unless I need to pick up something from halford on short notice in which case its Zymol Autowash.

I cant help feeling that BTBM is oldschool these days too. But it still outperforms what I would expect from a shampoo.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
BTBM is still winning awards after years tbf. It's a stunning shampoo. Much slicker than Gwash although the latter is a great shampoo.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You seem to have doubled up on quick detailer and tar remover on your order, or is the autoglym being replaced with the I4d order?