ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

one wheel up

172 semi skimed cup
how much would it take to lift a inside rear wheel when going round a corner? would it be esier or harder with coilovers?

Clio Sport xxx
stiffer the suspension the easier it is i thought? Also having a stiffer rear end then the front will enduce it even more. Throw a standard 1*2 round a med. size r/about and i would of thought you could get a slight rear wheel c0ck lol

Why do you ask anyway?

172 ff silver
surely if lowered on coilovers, you would have to try very hard to get enough body roll/movement to lift the inside wheel on a corner....

Clio Sport xxx
Well with my track mk1 golf, running 450lb springs front and 800lb (which is basically solid!!!) rear, i could c0ck the rear wheel doing 25mph in a car park without even trying lol

Clio Sport xxx
surely if lowered on coilovers, you would have to try very hard to get enough body roll/movement to lift the inside wheel on a corner....

Yes you do get less body roll with coilies, but you get body roll none the less, and with a short wheel base a stiffer chassis only helps to c0ck the wheel. Hard to explain, but during hard cornering you get body pitch to the side and to the front, and with a stiffer chassis it is easier for these pitching forces to translate to the inside rear wheel as upward force.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
aclio.jpg

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I thought weight transfer isn't affected by spring rates? Only the rate of transfer is so it shouldn't make much difference if its on coilovers?

Mk2 172
Ive got coilovers and it does it just as much. Thats what ive been told anyway! you struggle to see from the drivers seat!