ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OneDrive to Google Drive

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Some of you might have read this today...

http://arstechnica.com/information-...ge-after-people-use-it-for-unlimited-storage/

f**king piss take! Reducing my 30Gb to 5Gb... not happy. So it's time to move over to another format I think. Best out of the big 3 now is Google, with Drive. Downloaded it earlier but I have a problem.

It doesn't seem to work lol.

I set up Auto-Backup and it says it was successful but it just sits there doing nothing. I've got it on Wi-Fi only, but have now been on 3 separate Wi-Fi connections and still nothing. The only way I can see to do it is to manually click on every... single... photo... I have over 1,000 of them :confounded: so would rather not do this! Plus I still don't trust it to upload more automatically. What am I doing wrong!?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I prefer MEGA or Dropbox. I get 50GB on my free MEGA account, mobile and desktop app both work great.

Didn't get on with Google Drive at all.

And OneDrive is just s**t lol.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Think I've figured it, I needed Google Photos app, rather than Drive. Don't really see what Drive is for! Now to see if you can link from URLs... which is the only thing that keeps me using Photobucket.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cool okay... have spent the last 48 hours trying to upload nearly 2,000 photos. Still hasn't finished lol. Don't know how the hell I'm going to organize all this s**t afterwards!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
One thing I've noticed though is that it doesn't seem to usually automatically back them up, until I open the app. Kind of missing the point :(