ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

Ford Fiesta ST2
Just wondering if anyone has been lucky enough to get an invite for a OnePlus One? Whats the phone like? I'm looking to get one but haven't received an invite yet so if anyone has a spare one I'd appreciate it and then share my invite back to other forum users :)

Listerine & Poledo
Whats so special about them? Looks like any other android to me, except it does seem to have 1/2 decent spec without the same price tag a Samsung would carry

Vaporware atm, unless they actually make them available it's pointless. People are getting more and more angry on facebook with all these dumb invite systems, and people are losing interest.

The thing that makes them special is the price. Spec of a top end phone for half the price, and with a good base ROM on it.

Ford Fiesta ST2
I've just received an invite so have ordered a 64GB one. I'll have to wait and see how long it is before I get some invites to share.

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Share one with me :)
Do think this invite system is a good ploy, but they do need to make sure they get them out quick, as mentioned above the hype is turning into frustration so they need to be careful!

Clio 172mk2
im still after one, current htc one x on cm11 is good.

only reason i havent upgraded to new htc / samsung is theres some things i dont like, where as oneplus for what it costs is bargain

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im after one of these too, its getting to the time that i wish to change phone and from the reports on the web that ive read google are looking at stopping the nexus line for the 'play editions'

One plus one seems like the next great phone!

Let me know if anyone has a spare invite!

Clio 172mk2
the play editions are good, but there was talks of google next phone they do will be high end (not till next year though)

Just to update this thread, I have one after buying an invite on eBay, and it's without a doubt the best phone I've had so far.

As you know, they debut it as a flagship killer, which it certainly is - but what has impressed me the most atm is battery life! I think with minimal use I'd get 4-5 days, some use I've had 2 and a half days, and you'll also get around 10 hours screen time if you're really using it.

If anyone is curious, mine is bootloader unlocked, and flashed with Paranoid Android (based on Cyanogenmod but ASOP) ROM and Franco Kernel, the nice thing being that flashing does not void warranty.

Clio 172mk2
i got invite off craigy2703, so thanks again

had phone about a week, running cm11 nightlies + few other mods, finally got everything on and sorted EE took ages fir sim card

so fair light usage until number gets changed over but 14hrs on 87% battery left

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'm thinking I'm going to go this route now. I was tempted by the iPhone 6+ but once the launch day novelty wore I off, I realised that despite the advances they've made with iOS that there are so many things I'd miss from android that it would be really hard to switch back. Im still rocking my nexus 4 which I love, wife has a note 3 and I couldn't cope with the touchwiz crap in it, however cm11 is like stock on steroids.

Clio 172mk2
dont think i could ever switch to IOS dont mind it on ipod, but when it comes to phones i prefer to mess about with settings. ive always had htc before this, but last year switched the cyangen, and tbh i dont think i could switch back to htc sense now.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Personally I'd wait a couple of weeks and see what the new nexus brings. Oneplus-one is brilliant though.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Personally I'd wait a couple of weeks and see what the new nexus brings. Oneplus-one is brilliant though.

If it's made by motorola then do not want!!!

I skipped Nexus 5 as it was a pointless "upgrade" from the 4, the 4 still feels like I bought it yesterday.

I can recommend the oneplus one. For the price nothing can touch it.
Initially I thought it was on the large size but now 5 days in its fine.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Do we think that the price will go up once the "invite only" thing is done?
Cyanogen sounds like a good reason to consider Android.

Clio 172mk2
I too would have liked to try that back.

hoping when the bring Two version out its either avail to all, or people who got the One first get invites :)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Managed to get an invite from the forum. Fastest finger first stylee.

Ordered.

Not sure yet. Probably stick with stock, but open to all options TBH. Not sure how long it will take to arrive (few weeks?).
Mine took 2 days from order, so should be quick :smile: - ordered on the Weds, dispatched on the Thurs and arrived on the Fri (at 9.30am I must add xD).
They seem to have them at a warehouse down in Heathrow somewhere, or that's where my tracking originated from!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Mine took 2 days from order, so should be quick :smile: - ordered on the Weds, dispatched on the Thurs and arrived on the Fri (at 9.30am I must add xD).
They seem to have them at a warehouse down in Heathrow somewhere, or that's where my tracking originated from!

Oh bloody hell, I thought it'd be shipping from deepest darkest china! I picked express delivery just for the sake of a fiver!

Can't wait to get it in my hands.

Are you running stock or another ROM?

Yeah that was Express too :)

I'm running ParanoidAndroid - seems to be rated better than stock Cyanogendmod so that's good enough for me :)

Also running Franco Kernel - seems to be way faster with no cost to battery life!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Will go and have a good read about all options, I literally only switch to CM11 on the N4 at the weekend just to see what it was like and I'm gutted I didn't switch earlier, so many nice extra features added to a stock experience.

Yeah, ParanoidAndroid builds on that again, but has some nice extras (I don't use most of them) solely developed for this ROM, but just seemed a little faster than CM11!

Here's the links to Paranoid:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2794789

And Franco Kernel:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-one/orig-development/kernel-franco-kernel-r1-t2800871

Both actually have apps you can use to see if they need updating too, pretty nice imo! And of course once you find a ROM (whether its stock or otherwise), you'll never need to factory reset again, just update and continue :].

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Cheers for that dude. I shall have a poke about and see what I think, I'm looking forward to getting a decent sized screen again. The N4 seemed a good size when I first got it, but when the wife got her Note3 I soon realised that I needed bigger. Couldn't be dealing with the samsung "for dummies" (yet somehow make it harder to use and more illogical) interface.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would you not go Samsung whilst running your own gear?

I guess the OPO is great for techy people but not for me, camera is also very important to me. I have over 1000 on my 5, some taken with my 4 right enough but I snap a lot with my phone. Again roms etc mean nothing to me, I wish they did and no doubt i'll teach myself about all that. Maybe with an older Nexus!

Well, it works for anyone imo. 99% of the Samsung features I don't see anyone using, and then it's just a normal Android phone with good specs.

Same with the Camera, it blows away most of the rivals with it's spec!

That's the nice thing about it, it's good as a phone without switching ROMs as it's Cyanogenmod by default, so you don't have to switch ROM - a lot of people choose to as they would regardless of which handset they have (like me), for improved features/battery life and less bugs :smile:.