ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You're so techy! I dislike being a spaz at anything but I think indepth tech may just be beyond my learning curve. Anything else I pick up easy.

Google music is interesting but... I don't think i'd get the use out of it. I'll keep it simple with downloaded music.
I use Spotify for everything, £10 monthly and download as much music as I want.

work for BMW
my order is still processing :(

whats the deal with the other systems you can install on it? any better than stock?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone got some "in hand" pictures of this. I'm extremely tempted by a black 64GB. Like seriously.

Can someone please give me an honest review. I've seen a few people saying it's not as good as it's cracked up to be. Also anyone who has just bought one should have some invites spare? ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'll try to take a photo or two over the weekend. When it arrived it was in a cardboard box and I thought it looked a bit cheap, but once I opened it there was a top quality box inside which screamed premium. Once I got the phone out I was immediately impressed, its absolute premium, it looks and feels solid and it looks amazing. Best looking phone I've seen In a while. I've just finished setting everything up how I like it now. It feels like a super premium nexus device.

I can't fault it at the moment. If I'd paid double what I did for it I wouldn't bat an eyelid. The back of the phone looks and feels amazing.

No invites yet, they are random.

I can't fault it at the moment. If I'd paid double what I did for it I wouldn't bat an eyelid. The back of the phone looks and feels amazing.

Exactly the same viewpoint as me, and I'd say that sums it up nicely - I'd certainly of paid double (normal phone cost), for the same thing.

Sadly invites are random, and I don't think there'll be many more, because they are opening the order system at the end of the month, so eBay will be your only bet (had mine a few weeks now but never got any invites).

The only people I've seen on CS who dismiss it is because it's not a big brand, but in all honesty it makes no difference (as it's made from big brand components - Snapdragon CPU, Sony camera, Samsung memory etc etc), and the pure fact it comes with Cyanogenmod as standard should scream awesome imo.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Any particular reason? The CM11 version it comes with is pretty bloody good. I've just installed my must haves like dashclock and nova launcher.

Love it.

I usually use nova launcher, but I've stuck with the CM launcher atm, purely for the theme engine they've done (it's in ParanoidAndroid).

It's fast enough imo, though I used to switch Nova layouts more than underwear, so it's good to not be using my phone so much just for that xD

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I use Nova Launcher at the minute just to have transparent docks and notification bar on the 4.

And because I'm a GPE whore. That's why I'd be installing AOSP

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sounds nice. What is their support/warranty like?

The support/warranty is non existent that is the only downside my phone had a yellow tint screen quite a lot reported I sent over ten emails done a PayPal dispute and on the last day they finally accepted and gave my money back less shipping it took over a month it's shocking if you go on the one plus forum your see

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The support/warranty is non existent that is the only downside my phone had a yellow tint screen quite a lot reported I sent over ten emails done a PayPal dispute and on the last day they finally accepted and gave my money back less shipping it took over a month it's shocking if you go on the one plus forum your see

Sounds nice. What is their support/warranty like?

And this appears to be the only downside to their operation, support is slow currently.

Startup company in China, you take a chance.

I will say this, the only phones I've ever needed support on/replacements are iPhones. Yes it was easy, but then I really didn't expect for the premium leader to have issues.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fair point actually! My iPhone has been chronic recently. Just stops at times! Could be some app software right enough.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, even if this one broke I wouldn't hesitate to get another. It really is hands down the best phone I've owned.

There is a warranty, but they're slow and it takes a few weeks to get an RMA and then god knows how long to go through the process.

Its a punt. If the phone was 700 quid then you'd think twice, but at the price its available for I think its worth it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Glad to be of assistance!

Nova launcher is must have (with the paid prime upgrade). You can change the desktop, change app names, icons etc. With prime shows badges on apps that support it, the app drawer can be customised you can create your own sections, hide apps from the drawer and so on.

You can make it look/behave like stock but with all the extra options you need or you can make it work differently. It really is very good and worth the small amount of cash.

work for BMW
recieved my oneplus one today ..super fast delivery!! :)

Its awesome so far though how do i get up the screen which contains all of your open apps, then you can just swipe them to close?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
recieved my oneplus one today ..super fast delivery!! :)

Its awesome so far though how do i get up the screen which contains all of your open apps, then you can just swipe them to close?
Hold the left hand capacitive button down.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Oi you. Get in line!

I'm undecided on this still though. Really need to have a play with one and see how I feel.
I can tell you how you would feel about the phone if you had a play with one.

You'd be back on here begging for an invite!

As each hour that goes past I get more impressed with the phone. It really is seriously impressive, especially when you consider the price.

I known I sound like a phone salesman but I think praise is well and truly deserved here.

Clio 172mk2
ive been using mine a week, cm nightlies and novalauncher , mainly as i like unread count on icons, plus can change few more things.
ok phones a touch bigger them im used to but no major issue, battery lasts 3-4 days , old htc one x with exact same software would last 20-24 hrs max.

ive had 1 crash where it wouldnt wake from sleep. so cant really complain

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
ive been using mine a week, cm nightlies and novalauncher , mainly as i like unread count on icons, plus can change few more things.
ok phones a touch bigger them im used to but no major issue, battery lasts 3-4 days , old htc one x with exact same software would last 20-24 hrs max.

ive had 1 crash where it wouldnt wake from sleep. so cant really complain
The wake from sleep issue I think is an underlying KitKat issue. I've had it a few times on my N4 so I wouldn't worry about that.

cheers! any idea how to get new themes without paying from the phone?
Depends on the theme :smile:

There's a crapload in the Play store (if you're using the Themes Showcase i think you can find those in the store too), otherwise check the Themes section on XDA Developers, there's a lot of good free ones on there :smile:

Check out Material Hazy - I use that theme with Android L icons :smile: (I think, it doesn't actually tell you once they're enabled and I have a few installed).

Clio 172mk2
duno, never used to have it with cm11 on htc one x, might be as i used faux kernel, where as at min im just on standard.
Sure they`ll resolve it though, early days and all :)

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Do you reckon it's worth taking a punt and selling my iPhone 5s for one. I feel like a change...

Most certainly, as per the "New Phone" thread, I got an invite today, it's on eBay but if it doesn't go by midday tomorrow I can always give it out here, you will have to use it within the hour though (only lasts 24hr from when it was sent).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Btw, if anybody wants an invite sign up to oneplus one, then go onto the forum and then go to the thread "the UK family" there's two UK threads, ignore the other one.

Read Post 1 in that thread, (you have to add yourself to a list and then post in the thread tagging some people).

Then post quite a bit over the next few days, I guarantee you'll get in invite within a couple of days. The key part after following the instructions in post 1 is to "keep posting".

They are swimming in invites and they're having trouble giving them away before they expire, but they won't just give them out without you being an active member over a few days.

The more I use my phone the more impressed I am with it.

2014 Focus Titanium
If anyone wants a Oneplus One 64GB pm me.
I received an invite from Bioja yesterday (very kind of him) but unfortunately my circumstances quickly changed and I'd rather not but the phone. It is possible for me to change my name/address/email on the account which I am willing to do then hand it over to someone else (they change the password) so they can us it.

If no one wants it I'll still buy it but probably won't use it, so I'd rather someone have it who wants it!