ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Online v Dealer quotes

Silver 172 PhII
Has anyone used the online system to book their car in for a service?

I tried to book my car into Renault London West for a service using the online system. They were full but said I could drop it into the while you wait Renault Minute and they would do it for me first thing. Fair enough - I got there at 8am and was first in the queue. They had it done pretty quick considering I needed new discs - I sat in the cafe with my laptop and got a bit of work done, so the boss was happy! And the girl serving tea an coffe was a nice sight...

However, when I came to pay they tried to charge me DOUBLE what the online system had quoted me for a 36k service. To be fair to the service manager (Ray?) he let me log onto the site on his PC and show him the quote which he then honoured. He didn't have to do this so fair play to the guy.

If you are going to get any work done by a dealer it's probably worth printing out a quote from the online site and taking it with you to save all the fuss.

It was still f**king expensive for a 36k service IMHO. OK, so I needed new discs (knew I needed new pads all round but didn't realise the front discs were so bad - is this normal at 36k?) and they did it quite quickly after I just walked in, but even so - I'm not going to tell you how much as I'll start to cry! Local garage next time!