ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only 20 V6 Clios left!!

GR7

Shiny red R32

From What Car?

Clio V6 waves goodbye :(

Renault will stop building its high-performance two-seater Clio V6 this month, as today’s supermini range bows out to make way for the new Clio rolling into UK showrooms in October. The next-generation Clio won’t include a replacement for the mid-engined V6, spelling the end of the road for the hottest hatchback of all.

The current V6 is a unique production model, mixing the basic design of a supermini with the innards and engine layout of a performance car. In the space occupied by the regular Clio’s back seats sits a 3.0-litre V6 developing 255bhp. It’s enough for a top speed of 153mph and 0-60mph in 5.8sec – figures more usually associated with serious sports cars such as the Porsche Boxster.

Renault has said only 20 Clio V6 models remain unsold at UK dealers, costing £27,100 each.

Although Renault won’t offer a V6-powered version of the new Clio, it will replace the more affordable Renaultsport 182 hot hatch. Expect a performance version developing around 200bhp, previewed by a concept car at this autumn’s Frankfurt Motor Show.

Quote: Originally posted by GR7 on 17 July 2005

From What Car?

Renault will stop building its high-performance two-seater Clio V6 this month, as today’s supermini range bows out to make way for the new Clio rolling into UK showrooms in October. The next-generation Clio won’t include a replacement for the mid-engined V6, spelling the end of the road for the hottest hatchback of all.

The current V6 is a unique production model, mixing the basic design of a supermini with the innards and engine layout of a performance car. In the space occupied by the regular Clio’s back seats sits a 3.0-litre V6 developing 255bhp. It’s enough for a top speed of 153mph and 0-60mph in 5.8sec – figures more usually associated with serious sports cars such as the Porsche Boxster.

Renault has said only 20 Clio V6 models remain unsold at UK dealers, costing £27,100 each.

Although Renault won’t offer a V6-powered version of the new Clio, it will replace the more affordable Renaultsport 182 hot hatch. Expect a performance version developing around 200bhp, previewed by a concept car at this autumn’s Frankfurt Motor Show.
Sad news!! :(

But that bit made me laugh, cant get more serious the a boxster lol

172cup

thats a load of rubbish...

renault told me that they made the v6 to order... and will continue to take orders for the v6 until they feel enough is enough

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 17 July 2005

From What Car?

exactly mate, porsche boxster, serious sports car like a moped is a serious sprotbike!

The loss of the V6 Clio is not a sad loss tbh.

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by d.brown on 17 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">thats a load of rubbish...<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6"> <FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">renault told me that they made the v6 to order... and will continue to take orders for the v6 until they feel enough is enough

Im afraid youre wrong and I dont think theres even 20 left now. More like a dozen according to JT a couple of weeks ago.

Yup, JT told me only 15 left to build, and that was 2 weeks or so ago.

Im sure they will all be built before july 31st, coz the factory shuts for the whole of august.

If anyone is interested, Platinum Renault (Wiltshire and BANES) have had a 54 plate V6 on the forecourt for 8 months, surely its got to find a buyer soon!

Quote: Originally posted by Chris&Amber on 17 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Sport182 on 17 July 2005

From What Car?

exactly mate, porsche boxster, serious sports car like a moped is a serious sprotbike!

The loss of the V6 Clio is not a sad loss tbh.

The loss of the only good looking clio and the fastest clio Renault have ever made is a big loss tbh......;):D:D

just wished they made a special 350bhp version to say good bye with......;)

Simon.

golf r32 dsg

i saving for a v6 at the min unless any1s doin 0% finance??

after production has stopped will the v6 hold there price even more???

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

It will probably mean that the residuals will keep up well - meaning more expense for people like me who want one for my next car!

As SimonV6 says - its a shame they didnt bow-out with a final mad 10 production cars with serious performance upgrades. Having said that, circa £27k is daft for a car like the V6. Even if I had the money, I wouldnt pay more than £20k for one. £27k is firmly in Evo/Scooby territory.....

D.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by ukaskew on 18 July 2005

If anyone is interested, Platinum Renault (Wiltshire and BANES) have had a 54 plate V6 on the forecourt for 8 months, surely its got to find a buyer soon!
Imagine 8 months worth of crap washing while on the forecourt.

Its not so bad, means that the current owners will keep there exclusivity and 2nd hand values will be good.

The Jinx

When mk2 Vs hit £15k they will make a very safe and sensible purchase. My prediction is that they will never drop below £15k unless theyre a sh*tter.

Quote: Originally posted by daveclio172 on 18 July 2005

UKASKEW

How much are they asking for the vee?

Dave
It is/was about £26k if I remember rightly, its gone again now I think so I cant check (it seems to alternate between Bath and Trowbridge), according to the advert its on 1000 miles, but its said that for months and Ive seen it out and about a fair bit so it must have done more now.

I did see a kid almost sat on the bonnet last week so god knows what condition its in after all this time (someone here has test driven it before), seems very overpriced along with most other RenaultSports they have in.

golf r32 dsg

theres a moon grey only 550 miles in j28 cars for £21999 went to look at it other day... looks like it has the the extras aswell:confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Chris&Amber on 18 July 2005

350bhp, pah, if they supercharged/turbod it and gave us 500bhp then I may think different!

plese try and talk sensible mate, where the hell would you get a 500bhp RWD mid engined car for £25k NEW???

No, 350bhp would be great mate, that would give a better power to weight than a WR1 and FQ 320 and so 0-60 in around 4.2 secs and 100 in under 10.....nice

Simon.