ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only god knows how, but my friend and I walked away from this.....

Swerved to avoid *something* in road, a rabbit I think. road was icy=game over.
managed to steer the car away from a ditch and into a hedgerow. Still got beaten up pretty bad.
Car is wrecked, this picture doesn't show the extent of damage to the front! 3 of 4 airbags deployed....and yes its on its roof.
2 of us climbed out and walked down the road to get help, both have a little whiplash and cut each to the head. Other than that, no bruises, cuts, nothing.
God bless Renault engineers.

2j6680y.gif

PS having seen the crash site it appears the car flipped once, onto its roof, then again onto its side (corkscrew effect) before finally rolling back over onto the roof. I found parts of the car about 50 yards into the trees!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ouch!!!! people really need to be carefull in this weather!!

i remember my crash, sick feeling

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ouch!!!! people really need to be carefull in this weather!!

i remember my crash, sick feeling

RenaultSport 197
Ouch, that looks like what my Seat Ibiza looked like after i rolled it in a field. Bonnet, front window, roof, door all completely buckled and trashed and I came out with a torn ear and glass shards in my hand from where i was still holding onto the steering wheel upside down..

Glad your all ok though!! Shame about the insurance consequences aswell!!!

thanks for the replies. The 'good effort' type posts made me chuckle. :rasp:

more pics to follow so stay tuned. Going to 'visit' the car in the scrappy later. Any pointers as to what i should be taking from the wreckage ?.
tax disk, personal stuff, and Service hist are all in there to be retrieved, anything else ?

T

thecremeegg

Haha your numberplate starts with BJ!!.......that wasnt funny was it :eek:

E90
You swerved for a rabbit!!!! Next time i'd run it over, its cheaper and less harmfull to your health, glad your ok though

Broken Diesel Megane :(
^ good point lol, deers and children you swerve for. rabbits no.

glad your ok mate, i remember when i did mine on icy conditions, managed to grind a central reservation for 100yds!

you learn a lot from when something like this happens, i did.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
NEVER try to avoid rabbits.. they do it deliberatly to see if you'll swere I tell you !

Lee

BMW M2C
You swerved for a rabbit!!!! Next time i'd run it over, its cheaper and less harmfull to your health, glad your ok though

I always think that, but it's hard to resist the jerk reaction to just swerve to avoid something.

Glad to hear everyone got out of it okay.

I've seen some really nasty accident damaged Clios and it goes to show that the 4 star safety rating comes in very handy in some situations.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
get the rear lights n sell them me lol

tax disk, paper work, insurance docs etc if kept in the car, cd player if its not standard, they all tend to go missing, mine did grrrr

RB 200 Cup!
f**k me! to be honest this is why i wouldnt swerve for a rabbit - run the fucker over its safer. glad you got out okay tho

E90
get the rear lights n sell them me lol

tax disk, paper work, insurance docs etc if kept in the car, cd player if its not standard, they all tend to go missing, mine did grrrr

which bit of the missing lens on that light didn't you see?

Broken Diesel Megane :(
where did the bright light in the pic come from and all around is dark?

did the big man upstairs come calling for you?

lol

LY V6 with Recaros
It is just an automatic reaction to swerve if something runs out in front of you.

E90
It is just an automatic reaction to swerve if something runs out in front of you.

Nope, not for me, If i'm in town doing 30 and something runs out and it could be a cat/dog/kiddy then yes, out in the country, if it aint got four legs and mooing, I aint swerveing, One of my ex's once put my brand new car up a grassverge swerving to miss a rabbit, she never drove it again

E90
i swerved for a mouse that ran across the road once, prob would agin, just cant help it

pmsl So your and your passengers life is worth less than a mouses? This thread should be a lesson as to what can happen when you swerve to miss animals.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
its just reaction, cant help what your brain does automaticly, swerved for a merc once ended up in a lampost and a dead car ... one thing i wont swerve for again

E90
its aint an auto reaction, drive in the country at night and expect a rabbit to run out, when your expecting it you wont swerve. So you wont swerve for teh merc next time, you'll hit it head on will you? LOL

Just as a quick update to this. Went and saw the car, im shocked at the state of it, the front of the car is totally wrecked, no panels left. just a crumpled bonnet hanging over the engine, rad/intercooler gone ! passenger door frame is about half the height it started. Wasn't allowed to take pictures unfortunetly :(

Here's the funny bit......They drove it off the pick-up, and into the scrap yard....yes it still drives.lol

E90
theres a dude on here will give you money for that, then u can buy it back from him in 6 months for book price, LOL

Da

Less
know what you mean mate these lil Clio's can be quite strong when they need to be...

badday.gif

:D

Clio 172 mk2
Flippin' hell that crash looks pretty bad:eek:

Agree with a lot of people here though....I think swerving or slamming on the brakes are just knee jerk reactions that you cannot avoid doing if an animal cosses the road in front of your car.