ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open K&N

Civic Type R EK9
Just fitted a cone onto end of std piping and left bottom half of box in place and cable tied it to the little metal piece near coolant pipes!! Big hole metal piece!! im just worried of it hitting and rubbing what i think are coolant pipes!!

Im just desperate for some more sound and it sounds nice and pulls smoother it feels!!

What you all think is best to do stick with this for now till i can afford something else or leave std??

I think i should just leave it for time being got nothing to lose!! How long it will stay on until falling off dont know lol ;)

try a mrk2 ph1 standrad air box . work's fine with mine and the sound is a little deeper .

got mine from the local scrappy for 30.00 .

M2 Competition
You'll probably lose power through heat soak mark, try a freer breathing foam element in the standard airbox.

Civic Type R EK9
i would mate but im going for the best noise/performance poss and i cant see renault would have put a worse airbox on the latter 182!!

mine will probs fall off aint on there too good but sounds ok and will stick with it see what happens

Civic Type R EK9
you reckon i will even tho i have bottom part in place still? I will take it to work 2moro see what it feels like and maybe put std box in 2moz night

my cone filter fit's in just fine and put your own caf to it . it's a closed round air box with 2 inlets .

Civic Type R EK9
yeh ralph oh well i think i will have a nice sounding blast to work 2moz then put it back on as it will piss me off having to lift bonnet all the time make sure its all still tight until i get a carbon box or proper kit

what are the gen 2 kits like foxy is selling his as it has plastic around it stopping heat

Renault didn't spend hours and hours designing the induction system to simply be bettered by a dodgy open cone filter.

Standard air box and panel filter is the best way to go around it. Had you of done this and kept the decat, maybe a btb system and then a remap, the car would of had a healthy pull to it.

Civic Type R EK9
i may still keep decat if it doesnt sell but is there anyways around the light apart from stupid things like tape over etc as it really pisses me off

remove the dash and take snip the wire to it lol.

Although, putting a plug in the threaded boss on the decat, and simply cable tieing the sensor up out of the way should be enough.

Civic Type R EK9
maybe has anyone else done this and is it just for exhaust or whole engine?? as would need to know of other faults

Civic Type R EK9
votes quickly do i go out now lol and change back to std or rag to work 2moz enjoy sound and change back 2moro?

Civic Type R EK9
Changed back lost one of the screws that hold the box together somewhere in engine bay couldnt find as its dark!! Got 5 more in there anyway lol

knowing my luck it will fall out and go in tyre

Clio 172 mk2
Renault didn't spend hours and hours designing the induction system to simply be bettered by a dodgy open cone filter.

Standard air box and panel filter is the best way to go around it. Had you of done this and kept the decat, maybe a btb system and then a remap, the car would of had a healthy pull to it.

Good advice:D