ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open to opinions. I Fancy trying new polish, waxes etc

I currently use AG SRP, AG EGP, Jeffs Acrylic trigger and Collinittes 476 on my car at the moment after claying with the Megs Smooth Surface Clay Kit.
I also use AG Bumper Care, AG Window Polish or Rain X, Blackfire Tyre Dressing and Duragloss 901 shampoo (2 bucket method) with a sheepskin mitt.

I fancy trying something new.

Does anyone know what else i could give a go that'll give me as good as results or better than what i'm using ?

dicki.jpg

Dicki2.jpg

dicki3.jpg

106 GTi
If you paint is in good shape Z2 Pro and Z8 seem to be the way to go. I got some Z5 as well as the I read some posts saying a few layers of each work better on darker colours.

If you paint is in good shape Z2 Pro and Z8 seem to be the way to go. I got some Z5 as well as the I read some posts saying a few layers of each work better on darker colours.

The paint is in good shape.

I'll give them a go.

How do i apply them ?

106 GTi
Z2 Pro is just applied like a normal sealant - ie to the whole car very thinly and allowed to cure before removal. If you want to do multiple layers in a day then you need to mix it with ZFX (full instructions on the bottles).

It is very fussy as to what it bonds to, the distructions tell you to wash the car with dish soap first (not one I will be doing) or you can use a IPA wipedown or use the Zaino All in One, I just use it over Carlack 68 or Klasse All in One as I have loads of both.

106 GTi
Should leave the paint squeaky clean remove and oils left behind from polishes, I got some from Brazo but I believe chemists sell it. Not essential IMO, a quick coat of AIO is all I use.

Megane R26
Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and Best of Show... looks superb on silver. Maintain with Nano Express.

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Wet look = Clearkote moose wax + Clearkote carnauba wax

Flake popping action = Blackfire gloss enhancing polish + Blackfire Midnight sun.

They're my current choices. Collinite 476S for durable winter wax. Vics concours for a 'general' good wax.

The blackfire tyre stuff is good :)

Clay: Bilt Hamber (only needs water for lube)

Shampoo: Megs shampoo plus is good and lasts ages.

SRP is obviously good and alongside EGP gives good durability.

Cheers guys ;)

And i may give the "Isopropyl alcohol" a go when we have the next nice day.

It'll give me a good base for applying fresh products :)

How do i apply and remove it ?

And has anyone tried the waxes on silver car that RichCup mentioned above ?

106 GTi
Cheers guys ;)

And i may give the "Isopropyl alcohol" a go when we have the next nice day.

It'll give me a good base for applying fresh products :)

How do i apply and remove it ?

And has anyone tried the waxes on silver car that RichCup mentioned above ?

I have decided to stop using the IPA and bit the bullet and ordered some Zaino AIO after seeing not only does it it prep the surface for the Z2 etc it looks good too.

Just spray the IPA onto the paint in a spray bottle mixed with water and wipe off.

I tried Clearkote VM and CMW on Silver and like most combos it looked the same. The VM alone gives a wet glossy look and any wax over it looks great. Problem being the VM seems to compromise the durability of pretty much whatever goes over it.

2005 182 both cup packs
ive used autoglym for years and recentley tried turtle wax platinum series. its awesome the only word to use. the finish is flawless and it smells nice to bonus.i found the finish with autoglym didnt last long enough for my liking this turtle wax is great try it

How long does the turtle wax platinum last ?

And do you seal the polish in with something before using the wax ?