ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My detailing purchases after research on here!

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hi, this is my first post on the forum after signing up. I have been going through all the threads on the detailing part of the forum and today finally ordered a load of products to get me started. I have recently purchased a clio 172 sport in blue and become quite attached to it. I also own a Mk2 Fiesta XR2 that I have had since I was 16 and restored quite heavily over the years. I have always been into cleaning, but only recently have I become really interested in the current techniques, looking at some of the results people can achieve. Until now I was happy to use a sponge, one bucket, chamois, T-cut and AG polish!!! Anyway this is my current list of products(ordered from various sites today!), just wondered what you think?

Dodo Born to be mild shampoo
Megs lambswool wash mitt and two buckets
I4D uber drying towel
Bilt Hamber medium clay bar
Autoglym SRP
Autoglym HD Wax

Various applicator pads and mircofibre towels

I intend to add to this over the next few months as I read more. Its not easy for me to use a hose where I live at the moment so was thinking of buying one of the water pump spray containers for pre-wash and rinsing. I have gone with the AG SRP following a write up of its masking ability and again the HD wax due to write up and price. All polishing and glaze/wax will be done by hand. I already have some products in the garage that I have used in the past including AG glass cleaner and polish, AG tar remover and paint renovator, AG tyre shine. I will be looking to try some different products to replace these with. In the past I have tended to use AG products. Any comments welcome.

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Iron X makes claying far easier though! I hate claying with a passion.

Try Autofinesse Oblitarate for tar etc, its epic!