ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Polish + wax

172 sport
His all hoping someone with a good knowledge of wax and polish can hhelp me out and gives some links basically I'm looking for a polish and wax to do my Monaco and the mrs purple fiesta also needing something to keep that do brake dust of alloys I currently use autoglym srp which is good but fancy trying something else
thanks in advance guys

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Megs 105 and 205 for polish.
Could use poorboys black hole after that. Then layer up some collinite 476s. Will protect for ages. I've had beading for up 8 months on a single cost.
Iron x should rid of most brake dust.

172 sport
Cheer mate will have a look into that im gonna chat to my valet and detailing mate as well see what advice he can offer that wax you said about looks good value 8months on a single coat that is value

Ph1 172 (titanium)
The 476 is awesome value for money. I love the stuff. Usually end up with 2-3 layers on tho. Have fun. You want any other help just hit me up chap!

Clio RS200 FF
Do you have a machine polisher or will you be working by hand?

If by hand one of the best polishes you can buy is G/techniq P1 used with one of their hand polishing pads you'll get excellent results. Colli 476s isn't a bad wax but can be hard to work with as it cures very very quickly and can be a right royal pain to buff off. Also mentioned was Autoglym HD wax which personally I don't like but it can be bought much cheaper online than it can in shops. My recommendation would be Finish Kare 1000p, technically is a sealant not a wax but it's applied and removed in the exact same way and will last as long as the Colli. The FK1000p is also brilliant on wheels as it's a high temp sealant. It comes in a BIG tin and is cheap.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
The collies is fine if you keep an eye on it. Just keep doing your smudge test. Ie. if I wipe your finger through the wax and leaves clear finger trail your ready to wipe off. If it smears leave it a little longer. You can't go wrong. Little goes a long way. Layer it on thin.

172 sport
Thanks for the hint tips advice guys it's appreciated I've got some food for thought now when I get round to doing this I will upload some pics thanks again guys great help and advice. :)