ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Operation Flashpoint 2

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Too many reviewers are trying to compare it to Call of Duty and moaning about having to give fellow comrades orders etc.

My copy was dispatched today by shopto so should have it tomorrow :D

Since this has leaked online today, i've been reading a few early reviews from joe public. They are a bit hit and miss really...

Bit of learning for the controls for your squad but when mastered, its well done.
Graphics simialar to Bad Company, but you gotta turn up the gamma on your LCD otherwise it looks blocky.
Great audio
Multiplayer is pretty good
Main downpoint is its supposed to be a 'sandbox' (free roam) game but each mission has a time limit, therefore stopping you from properly roaming...?!

Evo 8 Jap Crap
IGN are so far up Call of dutys ass its untrue though there review just keeps comparing it to COD and World at War

ffs its a different type of game!

Not got a car
I had the first one it was brill, only played the single player mission and I found it to hard, getting shot by people you cant see. So instead i used to build my own base's with tanks, jeeps and choppers then set loads of enemy out side my base, to actaully get in the choppers was excellent.

172 Cup
Only had 5 minutes to try it out so far...

Too early to get any real impressions but compared to Arma:II it runs a lot better. Will try it out properly later.

(1920*1200, AA*2, all details on high) Not overly impressed with the quality tbh..

85e149ef.jpg

23016759.jpg

3d495656.jpg

73e5566c.jpg

Last edited:
  172 Cup
looks nice

i like running and gunning so i take it i should avoid ?

Too early for me to comment. I literally tried it for 5 minutes just to see how it ran but I get the impression it's not quite as simple as your typical run and gun game.

Saying that it's only £18 so if you don't like it you could probably sell it on eBay and get your money back.

172 Cup
its £30 on 360 :(

Aah. In that case it's definitely not run and gun.

To issue a "fire" command on the PC involves pressing a sequence of fours keys and using the mouse to define where/what to fire at. It's probably even more "fiddly" on a controller.

after reading a review for the 360 it slates the controls for taking too long to get things done like apply a bandage as you have to stop in the middle of the action to heal your self but in the mean time you keep getting shot lol

Evo 8 Jap Crap
after reading a review for the 360 it slates the controls for taking too long to get things done like apply a bandage as you have to stop in the middle of the action to heal your self but in the mean time you keep getting shot lol

erm but isnt that what happens in real life? how you going to apply a bandage while firing your rifle etc?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm sure 99% of people in this thread right now will think its s**t.

Why, because the games s**t?

No, because they've been brought up on games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and the like where there is very little thought or skill involved you can just run around shooting like a headless chicken. You don't need to plan your approach or even worry about getting shot. There hasn't been a game like this for years (suppose Rainbow Six is an exception but completely different from open warfare)

57 Clio Campus Sport
I've got it ready to play later, I loved rainbow and thinking I probably will like it as long as controls are not too over complicated.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Fully agreed mate

I used to play the original OFP on the pc and still to this day for overall gameplay and vast expanse of what you can do i dont think theres been a game to match it yet alone beat it.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Fully agreed mate

I used to play the original OFP on the pc and still to this day for overall gameplay and vast expanse of what you can do i dont think theres been a game to match it yet alone beat it.

Agreed, i used to love making my own missions and then trying to finish them. Me and my dad used to make missions for each other to see who could complete them and stuff, awesome :)

Not a 320d
I'm sure 99% of people in this thread right now will think its s**t.

Why, because the games s**t?

No, because they've been brought up on games like Call of Duty, Medal of Honor and the like where there is very little thought or skill involved you can just run around shooting like a headless chicken. You don't need to plan your approach or even worry about getting shot. There hasn't been a game like this for years (suppose Rainbow Six is an exception but completely different from open warfare)

Its s**t because i like games like call of duty. Its not bad actually, ill give it a chance anyways, little bit slow and boring. When does/did this get released ?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Its s**t because i like games like call of duty. Its not bad actually, ill give it a chance anyways, little bit slow and boring. When does/did this get released ?

and that my friend is why you'll never appreciate just how good of a game it is.

People who have played operation flashpoint before the big CoD craze hit have experienced a real military simulation game. If you've been brought up on CoD your idea of how a military shooter should be has been permanently ruined.

Its released friday.

The bad reviews its getting, hardly any of the sites or magazines in question were around when the first game was released. The one that was, PC Zone, gave it a decent score.

Last edited:
erm but isnt that what happens in real life? how you going to apply a bandage while firing your rifle etc?

erm nope in real life you dont have to look at 101 options on a screen while holding numerous buttons to select bandage

on teh pc it will be much better due to hot keys etc but teh controls dont really work on a console i dont think

Evo 8 Jap Crap
I have the game and its simple

Hit B scroll to field bandage and its selected

Aint a chore

I saw some console screens vs PC screen yesterday and the console version in comparison was truley shocking, that said have seen much better on PC also.

Motorbikes
I've played OFP: Cold War Crisis a long time ago and loved it, only COD since then but I'd be willing to give this a hoot.