ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Operation Flashpoint 2

Lee

BMW M2C
I'll grab my copy after lunch and check it out later. I've not played it for months, and it changed massively towards the end of development.

We've got free Stella in the office for the launch of the game!!

Mini Cooper
Arggh my pre order still hasn't arrived. What is the point in pre ordering something if your not even gonna get it on release, i could of got it from shops by now. Play.com's standards have slipped recently

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
Picked it up today for the PS3. Played it for an hour or so and to be honest im pretty disappointed so far.

The graphics are awful and everything seems to be overly complicated.

I think I'll give it another go later but it's looking likely that it's going to be traded in over the weekend.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
^ It's not meant to be a fast paced arcade shooter though mate, much more tactical.

I had played the original game and knew what to expect. I think it can be a good game on the PC. I just don't think it works on console.

MKV R32
Picked it up today for the PS3. Played it for an hour or so and to be honest im pretty disappointed so far.

The graphics are awful and everything seems to be overly complicated.

I think I'll give it another go later but it's looking likely that it's going to be traded in over the weekend.

have to agree.

trade in for forza 3, very disapointed

well i got it and i have tried it and its really not very good graphics are nasty on the 360 the controls are very slow too they seem to be able to hit you from 100's of meters away when you in full cover yet i cant even tell wehre they are to shoot at them i tried to heal one of my mean sent the medic to him and her just ran off with the medic chasing him lol will give it another go but think i will be trading it in tomorrow

other issues i have seen is when looking at people over a long distance through the scope they look like stick men so you cant really tell whats a man and whats a fence and stuff its most bizarre

id imagine the pc vetrsion is alot better due to the higer quality graphics

im enjoying it a bit more now but damn it i want a sniper rifle if i had one id have finished the first mission a hell of a lot quicker

Tesla MP3 2021
Just played this on the PC for about 1hr. It is very tactical and takes a bit of getting use to but the graphics are awesome :)

172 Cup
Just played this on the PC for about 1hr. It is very tactical and takes a bit of getting use to but the graphics are awesome :)

Do me a favour Adam. Take a screenshot and post it in here.

I'm playing at 1920*1200 with every option on high and 8*AA and to be honest I think the graphics are awful. Farcry 2 and Crysis.. Those are good looking games. This is not imo.

Tesla MP3 2021
Its no Crysis thats for sure. I've taken a few screenshots, maybe I was over exaggerating saying they were awesome but they certainly aren't awful.

Picture1-7.jpg

Picture2-3.jpg

I'm running the game on full with 8x AA like you. The screens aren't a good representation tbh.

172 Cup
Got any screenshots at the actual res you're running? It can be misleading when they're scaled down.

Not got a car
Whoop just installed mine, Looks good not played it properly yet, Im running full graphics and mines not the fastest PC.

Need to sort out the mouse as its very wild wild pinning my sights on someone.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That looks very similar to how it is on the PS3, I expected to see a huge difference with the PC screenshots.

Tesla MP3 2021
That looks very similar to how it is on the PS3, I expected to see a huge difference with the PC screenshots.

The screenshots don't do it justice at all, the quality just isn't there for some reason. Its looks alot better in the game.

A

ashy_gtt

I loved Op Flash 1, awesome game, can't wait to try this one... I guess some people expect to jump in and run around shooting at everything that moves then hiding for a second to recover after being shot a few times. This game is totaly different to your COD's or Far Cry's etc... I remember hiding in a bush for about 20 mins whilst being hunted by the spetsnaz!! Admittedly that was before I worked out how to enable multi-saves.

Integra Type-R DC2
I loved Op Flash 1, awesome game, can't wait to try this one... I guess some people expect to jump in and run around shooting at everything that moves then hiding for a second to recover after being shot a few times. This game is totaly different to your COD's or Far Cry's etc... I remember hiding in a bush for about 20 mins whilst being hunted by the spetsnaz!! Admittedly that was before I worked out how to enable multi-saves.

Exactly. People are approaching this game like they would COD or Rainbow Six. Its not that sort of game.

I once spent a good 15 minutes on OFP hunting down one enemy in an MP game. He was making a run from one part of the island to an extraction point. I pretty much had to hunt him down with an M21. Good times.

That said, its annoying how you cant change around your squads inventory like you could on OFP.

Astra Bertone Coupe
So is this more a tactical kind of shooter ? Can ye use cover etc like in more recent FPS games, it sounds like ma kinda thing just not sure goin by the way its bein spoke about.