ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinion on new gaming pc spec

F82 M4
Right mate, I'm just at work now so I can only write this in 1 paragraph I'm afraid. For some reason if I space it out it just all piles back into one. Firstly, you don't need that massive case. Get a Coolermaster HAF 912, cracking case and only about £60. You won't need any more case fans, it will be plenty cool enough. Rich on here has had problems with that PSU, I'd highly recommend Antec PSU's over Corsair ones any day. I would swap the graphics card to a 7950, it's better than the 660Ti and it's even cheaper in most places. That RAM is fine, I would of recommended dropping it to 8GB but at that price you may as well go for 16GB. Do you really need a Sabertooth motherboard (which are awesome though) and Hydro CPU cooler? Are you planning on some serious overclocking? As good as the Hydro CPU coolers are I don't see the need unless you're looking for above 4.5Ghz. A Coolermaster 212 Evo is only £26 and plenty good enough for the job. If you're looking to spend this much on a PC you MUST get an SSD. It's a fantastic upgrade and reasonably priced these days. That HDD by the way you can get a 2TB 7200rpm Seagate one for the same price. :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Not a bad spec but would agree with wilky's comments... especially the PSU. Had no end of trouble with these as well for some reason. Not sure if it was a bad batch or what but it was enough to put me off.