ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

opinions on Toyo T1-S needed

just ordered two of these because mine are basically slicks no. ive got 17s on a mk2 ph2 clio, lowered 35mm all round. i ordered 205/40/17, is this the best size to order? thats what i have on at the moment, i get quite alot of tramlining, just wondering if anyone can suggest a better size to get. also if the tyres ive ordered are actualy any good (paid £65 a corner).

cheers, mike

i personally dont rate them as i had my 1.2 16v clio sliding all over the place in all conditions

adequate in the dry

awful in the wet

IMHO

You will always get tramlining if you have wide tyres.. my 195/50/15 tramline real bad.. you just have to get used to them..

Seeing as youve already bought them, it dont matter what people think - loads of people like them.. Ive had them and didnt rate them much in the wet.. but thats me.

nah thats cool, i just thought i shld post coz i can still change them. may as well stick with them. it was just the sizes was wondering about, no worries.

Yeah i got them on at the mo, dont really rate them in the wet, good in the dry tho.

I cant really complain considering I paid £114 for a set of 4

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Ive got them on my valver and they are fine in all types of weather but I do like to slide the arse out on the car in the wet ;)

I have
have them on my clio 195/45/15’s

I found that the y handle ok in the dry but I have also found that they don’t last long at all….very very soft compound them on my clio 195/45/15’s

I found that the y handle ok in the dry but I have also found that they don’t last long at all….very very soft compound

Ive got them on my 15"s at the moment and really like them, a lot of grip. Much better than the A520s, and A539s I had before.

Ill be getting some Goodyears though next week with my new 16"s;)

Lionel Richie

they are a budget tyre as far as i know, dunno why TVR use them!!!!!

i got through a set in 8K miles

good grip, but crap wear (bit dodgy in the wet too!!!)

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 10 September 2003

i personally dont rate them as i had my 1.2 16v clio sliding all over the place in all conditions
But Brian you drive like a hoooooooligan

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

i got them on at the min. i rat them all round but dont drive fast in the wet, so they havent had a real test. in the dry they are great. but they have seemed to have lost a fair bit of tread over the past few months. could be my driving though ;-)

Audi S3

nothing wrong with then i got them and they have been far better than any tyre ive used b4 in dry and especially the wet...

S

SoundWave

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 10 September 2003

You will always get tramlining if you have wide tyres.. my 195/50/15 tramline real bad.. you just have to get used to them..
Sorry to be a thicko, but what is tramlining? I asked a couple of guys at work and noone could give me a good answer.

Mk5 R32 (ex.182 (Cupped))

I find my the toyos which i got a couple of weeks back are a hell of a lot better than my yokos.. much better grip in the dry, havnt really tested the wet yet...

absolutely CRAP in the wet, good in the dry. Tyres they used in the fast and the furious! in the DRY! i had some, glad to be rid, running pirelli pzero neros now, amazing so far. gonna try eagle F1s next

Si.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 11 September 2003
Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 10 September 2003 i personally dont rate them as i had my 1.2 16v clio sliding all over the place in all conditions
[/QUOTE]But Brian you drive like a hoooooooligan

yeah that much is true, im not going to argue that point

but im the best driving hooligan there is

contis lasted 7k miles, the toyos were on there last legs after only 5k miles :confused:

but the bridgestones i had fitted to my saxo lasted 12k miles and were grippy in both wet and dry with very good wear

Quote: Originally posted by SoundWave on 11 September 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 10 September 2003

Sorry to be a thicko, but what is tramlining? I asked a couple of guys at work and noone could give me a good answer.
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=48584&SearchPagePosition=1&search=tramlining&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Searchhttp://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=48584&SearchPagePosition=1&search=tramlining&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Sorry if this makes the screen stupid-wide!

mixed views on the T-1s from what i can gather over the last year or 2. i have a set of 4 on my valver i can say they are the best tyres i have ever had! cant fault um at all.

Just for a change im going for F1s this year - then ill be able to give a better apinion of the T1s.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 10 September 2003

adequate in the dry

awful in the wet

IMHO
You are kidding of course! Surely you are talking about those horrid slidy Contis!! The Toyos are superb in the wet and dry, not that we have had any wet in which to test them since January!